Man With Football

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
Deffo the best tonight, a real talent, such control and entertainment factor, much better than the Saigon singer guy.

Comments

• _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    He was ok, but how is the act going to progress exactly? It was fine for a one off, but I don't see it going anywhere.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought he was good but what else can he do... how is he going to make it exciting.
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes thought he was good and entertaining, this is the sort of act i would like to see win because it is considered real talent and skill.
  • GoodMikeyGoodMikey Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was really boring.. go down to any footy training ground to see that sort of thing..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was pretty good. Nothing amazing. And he seemed very cocky. Don't think he'll go that far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he should be given a job doing that for arsenal for before/half time entertainment, and promoting the club. As far as i'm aware, Tottenham Hotspur have someone like that too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was great talent.
    Well what we saw of it amid the usual interruptions of the power hungry control room idiots who did their usual cut aways to various audience members faces, Simon's teeth and Ant's face saying "wow."
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a talent, but I'm not sure I could sit through too much of it without my attention wandering - I've seen similar - I've even seen better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Arsenal let him go :confused: I hope a Footie scout saw him , maybe Martin O'neil could sign him for Aston Villa :):)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how good he is at football, but the way he handled that football on this show was absolutely brilliant. He just made it look so very easy. I was in agreement with Piers, with the thought that it was just going to be another footballer showing off his half good footballing skills, or, just basically showing off his footballing skills. He must have been training for this for absolutely ages.............maybe even before Britain's got talent came on the scene. I was very impressed with his skill, very impressed.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest though, you can have all the fancy dan tricks in the book, but it doesn't mean necessarily that in a game you'd be a useful or intelligent player, so I wouldn't read too much into the fact that he didn't make it professionally.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he'd personally be able to woo any crowd with them tricks, but, it's a case of, once the whole world has seen them, they might not want to see the same things again. I think he's the type of act that would be great to see once, but no more than that though. I don't think there's many more tricks he can do with that ball, as he just about showed us the lot that night. This is why I'm not really convinced that he'll win that show. It's someone that people can come back to again and again that will be the winner. That lad who was doing that theatrical song might have a very good chance of winning the show, even Simon thought so as well. I also thought that little lad a couple of shows back doing the opera singing or whatever might have a chance of getting near the end. Not sure about winning though. I think for someone to have a very good chance of winning the show, they need to have you totally captivated. They need to make you think that you've never seen anything like them before. I can't really say I've been blown away by any acts yet. There have been good ones,but not ones that I would instantly sign up though. The only reason why I thought that belly dancer was good, was because of the seductive looks she was using to captivate the audience with. The only one with any passion, was that theatrical lad...........that's about it really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was good at what he did, no doubt, but it's a case of what else can he do? The same act isn't going to keep audiences captivated time after time. If it's actual football skills he possesses then why isn't he doing it on the pitch instead of on a stage??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    It's like any act on the show - the judges seem impressed because it's the first time they've seen anyone do anything like that. Whether its belly dancing, footie tricks, jugglers, martial arts demonstrations - I always get the feeling like I've seen better examples of the same act busking at Covent Garden.

And I've definitely seen people more talented at footie skills doing demonstrations at Trafalgar Square.

Still, fair play to the guy.
  • Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    GoodMikey wrote: »
    I thought it was really boring.. go down to any footy training ground to see that sort of thing..

I doubt that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    I doubt that.

That's the argument from incredulity. Have you ever BEEN to a footie training ground? I'm guessing no - and equally neither have Cowell, Piers or Amanda.