BT Broadband Slow 5/6/10

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 948
Forum Member
✭✭
I know the website is showing some areas having problems, but I dont live in those areas. BT helpline saying its a national problem.

Anyone else experiencing really slow speeds?

Comments

• richestrichest Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have, for the last 7 days. My 2.5Mb is down to 1.5Mb.

I seem to get this every few months, this time the re boot has not worked even allowing for a settling down period.

I hadn't realised it was a national issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im getting 0.24Mb today , usually get around 7MB.
  • Anne-SophieAnne-Sophie Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Yes, my speeds have been erratic for the last couple of days. Up and down like a yo-yo.

I'm with o2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone from BT are checking this forum, could they please get in touch with us as 7 days of broadband at a totally unacceptable speed is just not good enough.

I rang the call centre, what a waste of time, they just state that they are unaware of any problems on my line.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Im on BT and mines fine with a respectable 6.32mb/s using a wired connection to the Homehub(max I can achieve is 7mb/s).
    However the Wireless connection tells a different story and moves at a snails pace.
    Those that are having problems are you using a wireless connection and have you tried connecting via an Ethernet cable to see it makes much difference?
  • BT SupportBT Support Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Hi guys

I can have this investigated for you to see if these problems are down to some national fault or if its just isolated to your line and can be fixed.

Send an email to btcare@bt.com with your account info and a link to this thread.

Cheers

Stuart
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm wired, its a BT issue i am sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    "Up to 20Mb download speeds - we'll offer you the best broadband speed available on your line"

I get 2.5 Mb in central London. BT Broadband told me nothing about a national problem and this is all my line is capable of running!
    :confused:
  • rosneath2006rosneath2006 Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Just tested my speed upto 8Mb and got

838236118.png

This is my normal speed.
  • Ivor BiggunIvor Biggun Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT up to 20mb ADSL2+ connection, using Linksys WAG160N, approximately 1 mile from the exchange.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/838306228.png
    I achieve these speeds all day and everyday, both wired or wireless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BT Support wrote: »
    Hi guys

I can have this investigated for you to see if these problems are down to some national fault or if its just isolated to your line and can be fixed.

Send an email to btcare@bt.com with your account info and a link to this thread.

Cheers

Stuart

Still no reply, come on BT i thought you were on my case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Monday told that an engineer is booked to come out on Thursday between 1-6pm to sort out the BT Broadband problem.

I phone helpline today at 5pm to check that he is coming....

"Errr No sir, there is a problem it wasnt booked"

Thanks for letting me know!

Im seriously getting fed up now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,207
    Forum Member
    DanLam1 wrote: »
    On Monday told that an engineer is booked to come out on Thursday between 1-6pm to sort out the BT Broadband problem.

That is just unacceptable. May I suggest a letter of compliant to Sir Michael Rake, Chhairman of BT. (Address posted here umpteen times.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which part of BT did you ring to book the engineer?

Did they explain what type of engineer would be attending? as different engineers now look after different sort of problems
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a disgrace, some much for the quick response from the BT team to this forum. I also have had no help to my speed issue.

Has the BT strike started already ?:confused:
  • BT SupportBT Support Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Hi guys this is most alarming

DanLam1 send me an email to btcare@bt.com with your details need to find out what happened wth your appointment.

Richest, have you had no reply at all? Can you send me the e-mail ref if you got one or another email sorry if you haven't got a reply will need to look into that one for you.

Apologies

Stuart
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No email from you Stuart at all.

Which email should i use ? i Will send it to bt care as above then for your attention,