Options

Benefit payments

scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Bit unsure about when child benefit and tax credits will be availiable over the bank holiday.we normally get ours on a tues,though if there is a bank holiday monday its been in the bank on a friday.not today though,do you think its to do with what time the banks update their systems? Im with lloyds,thanks in advance for any replys or advicex

Comments

• Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    In general terms, benefits paid into accounts are paid in on the usual day or are paid in early, e.g. over longer public holidays such as Christmas, so benefits should not end up being paid late.

As this is all technically automated, you should not have anything to worry about and I'd suggest looking in your account when you normally do to see if the cash has arrived. In the unlikely event that it has not then I'd suggest contacting the telephone numbers on the letters that you will have been sent. I hope that helps.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get my tax credits every Monday but as it is a Bank Holiday I get it today but my JSA and Child benefit have never been affected by it and I get those as usual on a Tuesday.