Options

Person of Interest Season 3 - UK PACE [NO SPOILERS]

carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
Forum Member
I thought it might be an idea to have a new, S3-specific thread. Of course, the US are just finishing Season 4 but never mind :(

Unfortunately, due to the stupid DS policy of putting US-pace spoilers on the front-page of the site I already know of one thing that's happening this season >:(

If you have Netflix, you can watch the S2 finale again to remind yourself what's going on. I will certainly be doing that!

Comments

• Options
    AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    It's on 5? When does it start?
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AA2009 wrote: »
    It's on 5? When does it start?

At the moment GeekTown have said there is confirmation of it starting in the last week of March; based on previous scheduling it will probably be Thursday 26th at 9pm.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    I think they will show it after Gotham on Mondays. The feel of the two shows is similar and I could see them working well together.

Anyway, it's in the press pack alright for w/c 21st March. I'll confirm date & time when it drops on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DRAMA: Person of Interest
    On: Channel 5 (5)
    Date: Monday 23rd March 2015 (starting in 13 days)
    Time: 22:00 to 22:55 (55 minutes long)

Former CIA agent John Reese teams up with reclusive billionaire Finch to bring their own brand of vigilante justice to the streets of New York, using state-of-the-art surveillance technology and national security data to unravel the mystery of the person of interest and stop crime before it happens.
    (New, 2011, 4 Star)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marked By: 'New Dramas' and 'Category: Drama' markers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=87587

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teaming it with Gotham. A pretty good move!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at last. only 39 episodes, and a year, behind ..
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
    Forum Member
    ^ Indeed. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's better than nothing. We were lucky to have a channel decide to pick it up a year late.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect it'll stretch to more like 18 months, or longer, when 5 inevitably break the season in to two halves and make us wait 2 or 3 months for the second part.

If they do that, that may well be the final straw for me and i'll just go US pace with it.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Maybe the impossible might happen and Channel 5 might just show season 3 and go straight into season 4

As if they carry on the way they are showing it then the UK will just get further and further behind the U.S. with Person Of Interest!
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Maybe the impossible might happen and Channel 5 might just show season 3 and go straight into season 4

That would certainly make up for the farce of them being so far behind with Season 3
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like 5 are really promoting PoI season 3 with the adverts during Gotham. References to the JJ Abrams link and the Jonathan Nolan 'Dark Knight' link. Fingers crossed that the large audience lead in from Gotham improves the ratings. Potentially they might go through the whole season and then pair season 4 with Gotham season 2 if it works?
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 3 is by FAR the best yet and things really get going.

Don't miss it. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I heard so I'm hoping that means Gotham fans will jump on board the series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sky guide said "season 3 of 3" - if you were reading too much in to that, you could be forgiven for thinking 5 won't show season 4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think it may hinge on the successful pairing with Gotham. If 5's top show can't help PoI then they'll probably see it as the end of the last chance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My sky guide said "season 3 of 3" - if you were reading too much in to that, you could be forgiven for thinking 5 won't show season 4.
    No decision will have been made yet, so certainly reading too much into it.
  • Options
    00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's back tonight!!! I never thought this day was going to come but good old channel 5 have pulled it out of the bag! :-D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oddly it's paired after Gotham today on C5 but on 5USA on Friday it'll be the lead show of the 2.
  • Options
    PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That episode tonight wasn't the first in season 3, according to IMDB.

Have theyalready showed the first episodes then gone into a mid season break lasting about 18 months or something?
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petingo wrote: »
    That episode tonight wasn't the first in season 3, according to IMDB.

Have theyalready showed the first episodes then gone into a mid season break lasting about 18 months or something?

Yes it was they showed the episode called Liberty & according to imdb it's season 3 episode 1!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2911556/?mode=desktop
  • Options
    PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Yes it was they showed the episode called Liberty & according to imdb it's season 3 episode 1!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2911556/?mode=desktop

Thank you.

I thought I must have been hallucinating last night after looking at your link just now.

But I see what I did now......I was looking at the "year" and that episode appears halfway down the list of 2013 episodes hence my confusion...:confused:

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't record for me last night no biggie though I can watch season 3 and 4 on Android.
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »

As if they carry on the way they are showing it then the UK will just get further and further behind the U.S. with Person Of Interest!

Oh please this is just wishful thinking, every time it gets mentioned that a U.S. programme is x years and y seasons behind on channel 5 someone comes up with 'they'll show season A and B back to back' gambit.

It's neverhappened and it won't start with POI.

So let's just enjoy it as we can.
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Petingo wrote: »
    Thank you.

I thought I must have been hallucinating last night after looking at your link just now.

But I see what I did now......I was looking at the "year" and that episode appears halfway down the list of 2013 episodes hence my confusion...:confused:

:)

That's ok for a moment myself I did wonder as it's been a while since I've seen the 3rd season & while I did remember the episode I must admit I didn't think it was the season premiere!! :D