I'm a Psychopath

Comments

• mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    They're all loveable and cuddly really, like big murderous teddy bears.

Ha ha! That reminds me of one of those spoof adverts that Viz did once when they tried to sell 'Little Ted West. Cuddly toy or ursine maniac - you decide'.

The teddy had a black curly wig and a tank top. I've still got the issue with this in because I found it one of the funniest things I'd seen in ages! :D If I could have bought the teddy, I would have.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    It's very confusing - why would someone think they're a cycle path?

Probably trying to explain why they always feel tyred ...
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Yes it is a real shame the way psychopaths are treated by society.

Just because Psychopaths are

Wiki quote

doesn't mean they should be treated any less than any other person.

No, but they do seem to be nothing but trouble. Either serial killers or heading up companies. Your definition seems to fit many of the people responsible for the banking crisis. Quite a few politicians too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    No, but they do seem to be nothing but trouble. Either serial killers or heading up companies. Your definition seems to fit many of the people responsible for the banking crisis. Quite a few politicians too.

And worryingly, that description fits my estranged husband almost to perfection and he's was a banker :eek:
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    So you are not up for the DS axe murders clique get together then?
    Forum Member
    Eve_Dyer wrote: »
    And worryingly, that description fits my estranged husband almost to perfection and he's was a banker :eek:

It also fits my sister's ex and he did kill someone. In fact he was hired to do so, and it wasn't the first time he'd been paid to do violence. :eek:
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it is a real shame the way psychopaths are treated by society.

Just because Psychopaths are

Wiki quote

doesn't mean they should be treated any less than any other person.

Yes they should be treated like equal members of society! There's such a stigma attached to psychopaths and it is grossly unfair.
    Forum Member
    Yes they should be treated like equal members of society! There's such a stigma attached to psychopaths and it is grossly unfair.

I've never seen anyone locked up just for being diagnosed as a psychopath, in fact our society seems to reward people with those traits.

They are only punished if they are caught breaking the law, which applies to all of us. Unfortunately, many of the things that they do that are detrimental to the rest of us aren't illegal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    It also fits my sister's ex and he did kill someone. In fact he was hired to do so, and it wasn't the first time he'd been paid to do violence. :eek:

Mine isn't violent - quite the opposite: he's way too concerned with his own wellbeing and preservation to become physically violent. It's a bit disconcerting to read that description tbh - I wonder if he is
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    EpsilonVaz wrote: »
    Browsing the Internet today, I've diagnosed myself as a psychopath. I do vaguely remember reading about sociopaths when I was younger and identifying with the description, but that had since been pushed to the back of my mind.

I seem to be reading a lot of hostility towards Psychopaths, even though from what I have read, it seems to be naturally occurring. I think part of the reason is that it conjures up negative images, such as Hannibal (which isn't the definition of psychopath).

Why do people feel so much hostility towards psychopaths? Do you judge me negatively because of it?

'I had examined myself pretty thoroughly and discovered that I was unfit for military service'
    Forum Member
    'I had examined myself pretty thoroughly and discovered that I was unfit for miltary service'

I did the same and only got a C- :(.
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    I stopped reading at "diagnosed myself", I'm afraid.

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not something I wish to be cured of, I like being this way, it's got me where I am and will take me where I'm going.

deleted
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i have a psychopathic friend, he`s great fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Dove wrote: »
    Leader of the Tory party?

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think you're a psychopath you're probably not.

Psychopaths would never recognise their behaviour as wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The first rule of being a psychopath is you never talk about being a psychopath.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member

Who says I think my behaviour is wrong? I don't think I've done anything wrong, I just think I fit the description.

I'm unsure if Psychopath is the correct word, maybe sociopath? I haven't killed/physically harmed anyone/thing.
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Everyone wants a personality disorder these days. They're very 'in'.

I've got Schizoid Personality Disorder, myself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who says I think my behaviour is wrong? I don't think I've done anything wrong, I just think I fit the description.

I'm unsure if Psychopath is the correct word, maybe sociopath? I haven't killed/physically harmed anyone/thing.

Oh bless you :D

Back to google...
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Self-diagnosis from the internet????? Are you really serious OP? The internet is one of most unreliable sources for diagnoses.
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Never Nude wrote: »
    The first rule of being a psychopath is you never talk about being a psychopath.

Nah, that's Robot Club.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, that's Robot Club.

I always get those two mixed up :(
  • cupoteacupotea Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    Self-diagnosis from the internet????? Are you really serious OP? The internet is one of most unreliable sources for diagnoses.

To be fair, I pretty much diagnosed my M.E. off the internet months before the NHS got around to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cupotea wrote: »
    To be fair, I pretty much diagnosed my M.E. off the internet months before the NHS got around to it.

I think the thing we should remember here id that a 'psychopath' probably isn't thinking clearly!

For some years friend of mine was Schizopathic he had treatment and they're ok now!