Fifa 15 Vs PES 2015

Comments

• ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Goal line technology .... In a video game ?

I can't describe how stupid this sounds to me !

It's like they're using video game mechanics in a video game ! ???

I agree, bizarre announcement to say the least seeing as all football games ever made were using goal-line technology!

Hopefully we'll not be treated to endless, pointless replays like at the World Cup.
  • Neo TokyoNeo Tokyo Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    I can see Fifa making the most out of the goal line technology like they did at the Brazil World Cup. They'll make a big thing out of it to the point that people complain and it is watered down in Fifa 2016.
  • PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PES 2015 on the PC is only £19.99 to preorder at Amazon.

£49.85 for the PS4 and Xbox One versions.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goal line technology is aesthic only, it adds nothing to the game. we already have goal line technology in video games.

player id is the big difference this year, in pes when you have ball with neymar or robben it feels like it, in fifa is you play colchester vs coventry it plays no different to liverpool vs chelsea.
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    goal line technology is aesthic only, it adds nothing to the game. we already have goal line technology in video games.

player id is the big difference this year, in pes when you have ball with neymar or robben it feels like it, in fifa is you play colchester vs coventry it plays no different to liverpool vs chelsea.

My brother would go hibs so he would get paired with a pish team, put the ball out fot a corner then run up the pitch and score on the counter as if it was madrid.
    Pes demo coming sep 17th
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PES 2015 is scheduled for release on 13th November.

I think the gap between PES and Fifa is going to be bigger than ever especially seeing as Fifa 15 will have a 2 month head start.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    PES 2009 wrote: »
    PES 2015 is scheduled for release on 13th November.

I think the gap between PES and Fifa is going to be bigger than ever especially seeing as Fifa 15 will have a 2 month head start.

I thought I read that PES was coming out right after the transfer window closes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I thought I read that PES was coming out right after the transfer window closes.

No, it's going to be quite late this year. Saw a gameplay video the other day though and it looked awesome.

Found it. It's this one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both games look pretty good this year. However I expect PES will be a lot less buggy compared to Fifa that will again be rushed out and not fully playtested with endless patches to follow.

PES 2015

Fifa 15
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just hoping one or other of them would have J league!
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    FIFA 15.

No doubt i will pick up PES2015 on PS4 in GAME 2nd hand around February for about £20
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pes 15 beat fifa 15 to best sports game award at gamescom

pes reviews are full of superlatives, the king is back?

fifa has broken keepers and same gameplay.

no doubt people will still buy fifa for licensees but if pes is the better game it will feel like 2000's again.

for those that dont know pes demo out 17th sept and game released 13th novemeber, dont worry about transfers as their will be WEEKLY updates like fifa has this year. with changes in stats too dependent on form.
    Forum Member
    pes 15 beat fifa 15 to best sports game award at gamescom

pes reviews are full of superlatives, the king is back?

fifa has broken keepers and same gameplay.

no doubt people will still buy fifa for licensees but if pes is the better game it will feel like 2000's again.

Broken keepers ? Aren't they using 'awesome new keeper mechanics' as a selling point for the game ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Broken keepers ? Aren't they using 'awesome new keeper mechanics' as a selling point for the game ?

they sure are, which makes it worse.

google the gamescom reactions.

why do people believe EA so much? thats all they are good at,marketing.
    Forum Member
    they sure are, which makes it worse.

google the gamescom reactions.

why do people believe EA so much? thats all they are good at,marketing.

I don't think it's that people genuinely believe they've changed anything.

I think people are either in the FIFA camp or the PES camp.

New keeper mechanics wasn't going to sway many people over to the FIFA camp. And broken or not broken, not too many people will leave the FIFA camp.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's that people genuinely believe they've changed anything.

I think people are either in the FIFA camp or the PES camp.

New keeper mechanics wasn't going to sway many people over to the FIFA camp. And broken or not broken, not too many people will leave the FIFA camp.

i agree, i am not on of them, i always buy pes because it is better, last year pes sucked so i went without a football game as fifa didnt warrant a purchase.

fifa will still outsell pes, but hopefully die hard football fans will have a game to play again in pes15

i will never know how people can knowingly buy a game with scripting though(fifa)
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be tempted to buy PEs again after years of unbroken promises since the botch job of a release in 2008 it hasn't really got anywhere close to PES5/6 in the 5 years its been playing catch-up despite the constant 'PES is back' articles we see every year without fail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be tempted to buy PEs again after years of unbroken promises since the botch job of a release in 2008 it hasn't really got anywhere close to PES5/6 in the 5 years its been playing catch-up despite the constant 'PES is back' articles we see every year without fail.

youtube pes 15 before you decide for good is all i will say

they made it specifically to get that pes5/6 vibe back and user reaction is that they did it

don't wanna get hopes up but the sentence "even 0-0's are so much fun" has been mentioned....
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree, i am not on of them, i always buy pes because it is better, last year pes sucked so i went without a football game as fifa didnt warrant a purchase.

fifa will still outsell pes, but hopefully die hard football fans will have a game to play again in pes15

i will never know how people can knowingly buy a game with scripting though(fifa)

You always buy PES cause its better, yet you didn't get last years as it sucked. Did you try FIFA? Im not saying is great or anything. I want PES to take that top spot badly. But that doesn't cloud my judgement on what is in front of me. Last years PES was poor FIFA was better, was it great? No but it was playable. If you start to discredit games before they come out then you are in fanboy world. And why would anybody care about your opinion if in your eyes PES can do no wrong and FIFA can do no right.
    Forum Member

I'm one of them. But I only buy every two to three years. This year is one of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You always buy PES cause its better, yet you didn't get last years as it sucked. Did you try FIFA? Im not saying is great or anything. I want PES to take that top spot badly. But that doesn't cloud my judgement on what is in front of me. Last years PES was poor FIFA was better, was it great? No but it was playable. If you start to discredit games before they come out then you are in fanboy world. And why would anybody care about your opinion if in your eyes PES can do no wrong and FIFA can do no right.

i bought fifa 13 and 14 actually. i took them back because after 3 weeks i knew they wernt for me. i went without a game last year.

i said pes 14 sucked-so how is that saying they can do no wrong?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fifa 14 is a good game but the constant offsides in each game and the delay in taking shots really put a dampener on things. Also what is the deal with players chasing after a ball for a throw in, pointless time consuming presentation. EA, as usual ended up tinkering with it too much, they fixed the time consuming subs but gave us other time consuming moments.

PES on the otherhand did away with all the time consuming presentation but was just too rushed which meant key things were missing from it at launch. Expecting big things from PES this year.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i bought fifa 13 and 14 actually. i took them back because after 3 weeks i knew they wernt for me. i went without a game last year.

i said pes 14 sucked-so how is that saying they can do no wrong?

I was playing devils advocate, but you were saying that "I always buy pes because it is better" how can you tell that until both games are released? I would go as far to say that side by side FIFA since 10 anyway has been better than PES every year. And that is coming from somebody who started his PES love with International Superstar Soccer deluxe.

I made a similar mistake as I think you are making when my friends all had FIFA 10 and they were telling me how great it was I was still in the FIFA is just for kids mindset from my PS1 and 2 days. For months I held out explaining that I just cant play FIFA as its for kids. And I was wrong. FIFA 10 was the game PES should have been. In fact I would go as far as saying FIFA just copied PES. Through balls, lobbed through balls, early crosses, volleys and headers teammate runs and more all the same in FIFA 10 and the previous PES games I played.

Saying that FIFA has been on the wane for me, buggy as hell. Easy to cheat online etc clearly rushed out the door. Its not a disaster but its not the finished article. PES on the other hand is just a pile of garbage, its unrecognisable compared to the PS 1 and 2 days. I would love for it to get back to what it was but until it does I'm not playing it because it is for me anyway worse than FIFA or to put it another way FIFA is the best of a bad bunch.

So I will most likely buy FIFA on release day, but only safe in the knowledge that I can sell it on ebay for no loss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would love fifa to be great because it would be full package then. as a cov fan i would love to play as them in a great game.

but the game seems souless to me comapred to pes. i didnt like pes 14 so i went without completley rather than spend for spendings sake.

genuinely think people will love this years game.
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of PES 2014 and Fifa 14 I enjoyed PES a lot more.

Fifa 14, they made the passing really rubbish so any build up play often ends up with you losing the ball, also when you have your back to an opponent they just have to touch you and you'll lose the ball. Refs are overactive with their bookings so lots of stop start play.

PES may not have any rain but that has turned out to be a good thing as in Fifa, far too many games feature rain, Fifa + rain = jerky mess. I like the individuality of PES too, Ronaldo feels like Ronaldo, Robben feels like Robben. In Fifa they all feel the same, you get fast players and slow players and that's about it.