Options

Arrow Season 3 - UK Pace

Comments

• Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I just don't like the idea of having both a tv and a film version of a superhero running at the same time as it just seems messy to me!

I'm ok if they want to reboot Green Arrow with a film once the tv show has finished.It just seems messy to have a Flash film version running the same time that there is a Flash tv show!

Ah, but DC is all about its Multiverse, and most fans are used to having dozens and dozens of versions running round.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    I just don't like the idea of having both a tv and a film version of a superhero running at the same time as it just seems messy to me!
    I concur.
    Ah, but DC is all about its Multiverse, and most fans are used to having dozens and dozens of versions running round.
    It might well do, but it sucks for continuity. :(
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Thanks I was starting to think I was the only person with opinion!

The only time I can think of DC running different versions of the same character is when you had Smallville running at the same time that Superman Returns was released!

I can't think of any other multiple versions of the same DC character running at the same time.I mean tv and film versions as I'm not counting animated versions!

Still waiting for a Arrow and Flash start date from Sky!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Geektown seem to be guessing that Sky will start showing Arrow from the 20th October but we will have to wait to see if that's true!
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    halfway through season 2 ATM, hoping I will be done in time for the start of season 3.......

One thing, seriously, a mask and a hood ~ how does NO-ONE recognise Oliver?!?! It's not the best disguise in the world is it!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    halfway through season 2 ATM, hoping I will be done in time for the start of season 3.......

One thing, seriously, a mask and a hood ~ how does NO-ONE recognise Oliver?!?! It's not the best disguise in the world is it!!!!!!!!!

Well if glasses can protect Superman's identity then a mask and hood is a lot better. :)

Same for Wonder Woman.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if glasses can protect Superman's identity then a mask and hood is a lot better. :)

Same for Wonder Woman.

lol, yes, very true :D
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I had been meaning to get into Arrow but never got around to it.

Then on a flight to Australia, I found it on the in flight entertainment and thought it was ok. Not a bad watch. Though I was really tired, as you do be. That was in July.
    Then earlier this month I found series 1 on the Sky box sets. Myself and the missus gave it a go and fell in love with it. What a fantastic series. So I ordered the series 1 & 2 blu Rays and they got dispatched today.

Can't wait to power through series 2 and then get into series 3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still no date from Sky about when they are going to start showing it but Im expecting it to be around the end of October!
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So it's been moved to a Thursday night because Sky are showing The Flash on tuesday night
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's been moved to a Thursday night because Sky are showing The Flash on tuesday night

The second half of season 2 was on Thursday nights as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had forgotten that but maybe Sky were already planning ahead to fitting in the Flash!

It will be interesting to see in the future with more Arrow spin off shows planned if Sky will continue to pick them up!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Got through season 2 fairly quick and loved it. Slade was an amazing villain and I hope we see more of him. The last four or five episodes of season 2 were sooo good.

Can't wait for the 28th and 30th to see more Flash and Arrow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just finished my way through the first two seasons and despite having quite a few annoying characters, it really is such an excellent show. I agree with the previous post about Slade, he was immense. I do like a villain who is essentially driven by grief. It always adds an extra dimension to their story.

Looking forward to season three and hopefully we get to find out a bit more about Felicity's back story (My fav character lol)

I'm not to keen on the Flash. I'll give that a miss.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not happy about this ..
    Arrow casts Vinnie Jones as villain Brick

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s206/arrow/news/a604753/arrow-casts-vinnie-jones-as-villain-brick.html#~oTjmAvc0JvjeiK

One of the best shows on TV casts one of the worst actors. And he gets a 3 episode arc as well .. >:(
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Eugh ^

When I said the show needed more recurring villains he's not quite what I meant :(
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not happy about this ..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s206/arrow/news/a604753/arrow-casts-vinnie-jones-as-villain-brick.html#~oTjmAvc0JvjeiK

One of the best shows on TV casts one of the worst actors. And he gets a 3 episode arc as well .. >:(

He was quite good in The Cape. So he might be alright in Arrow.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was quite good in The Cape. So he might be alright in Arrow.

I watched The Cape and he was bloody awful in that, obviously IMO, because he's just a bloody awful 'actor'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sound is so bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh Roy is wearing red leather.
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    Oooh Roy is wearing red leather.

Another reason to watch.

Anyone else finding the volume really low?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    Another reason to watch.

Yes very low. I've had to ramp up the volume to almost double what it usually is. That guy talking to Felicity looks familiar. Is that Brandon Routh?
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another reason to watch.

I'm using Astro A40 headphones with the volume all the way up and it's still very quiet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Another reason to watch.

Ive found that on a few programmes this week, so annoying.