Once Upon a Time: Season 4 (US pace)

Is there not a dedicated thread yet? If not, then welcome to it :).

It returns in less than 24 hours in USA.

Must watch Frozen this afternoon to prepare :D

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to this. I haven't actually seen "Frozen" but i'm aware of it enough to know who the characters are. I wonder if it'll be a season long story arc though ?.

I know Neverland was only the first half of Season 3, so maybe the same thing will happen here ?
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw Frozen for the first time recently and loved it, so am beyond excited for the start of this season!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frozen will be the first half of the season while the second half has yet to be confirmed. Although the confirmation that Kristin Bauer Va Straten is returning in a huge story for the second half of season 4 suggests to me it will likely be all about Malificent.
  • PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Peter Pan, not sure if Frozen will be any good, but I'll be watching tonight. Sunday is our main big TV watching night OUAT, Good Wife, and used to be The Mentalist, but now it's CSI which is almost as good.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So glad it's back.

I wonder if Jamie Chung will appear, now that her other show has been canned?
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished rewatching season 3 and watched Frozen today, and can't wait.
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I wonder if Jamie Chung will appear, now that her other show has been canned?

Hopefully both her and Meghan Ory too
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watched half of season 3 I have them all to go ready but just not had time to watch.
    Need to watch from episode 15 still.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel bad for Regina. Just when things start to look positive for her the writers throw in a huge curve ball.

Marian seems a bit drab to me and whiny. Robin and Regina make a much better fit.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this.

I do like Frozen and i can see why it will fit and parallels

I do love Emma/Hook - been rooting for them :)

ONCE UPON A TIME: SEASON 4

A SCARED AND CONFUSED ELSA FROM ARENDELLE FINDS HERSELF IN STORYBROOKE AND CREATES A POWERFUL SNOW MONSTER FOR PROTECTION, REGINA WONDERS IF HER RELATIONSHIP WITH ROBIN HOOD HAS BEEN COMPLETELY QUASHED NOW THAT MARIAN’S BACK IN THE PICTURE, AND IN ARENDELLE OF THE PAST, ELSA’S SISTER ANNA WANTS TO COMPLETE THEIR PARENT’S FATEFUL JOURNEY AND DISCOVER IF THEIR QUEST MAY HAVE HELD THE SECRET TO CONTAINING ELSA’S OUT OF CONTROL ICE POWERS, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

Master storytellers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (“Lost,” “Tron: Legacy”) invite everyone to join Emma Swan, Snow White, Prince Charming, The Evil Queen, Hook and all the other resident fairytale characters as they prepare to defend themselves against a magical force from the past that’s too unpredictable even for Rumplestiltskin – Elsa, the Ice Queen from Arendelle. And now that Emma has brought back Robin Hood’s wife, Marian, and possibly sparked the end of Regina’s relationship with him, will Regina return to her old, evil ways and do everything in her power to get even? And newlyweds Belle and Rumplestiltskin continue to be deeply in love with each other. But Rumple is hiding a secret from Belle -- one that, if found out, could destroy their happiness – he continues to be the master of the dagger that calls upon him to be the Dark One. Can Emma and Hook commit to one another, and can these two damaged people take their love to the next level? Mary Margaret and David have a new baby, Prince Neal, and are looking forward to raising him into a proud, brave and loving adult. But they are still sad that they were not able to do this with Emma, instead helping her escape the curse when she was first born and not meeting her again until she was 28 years old. Henry is very happy to have both of his mothers back in Storybrooke. But with biological mom Emma and paternal grandfather Rumplestiltskin’s blood running through his veins, he will be tested by both the light and the darkness. Finally, Will Scarlet (Michael Socha, “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland”), a former member of Robin Hood’s band of Merry Men, has traveled across many lands to make his way to Storybrooke. He finds himself intertwined in the goings-on in town for the first time as his mysterious past pushes him to an unknown future.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/assets/pr/html/pr69016.html
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    I feel bad for Regina. Just when things start to look positive for her the writers throw in a huge curve ball.

Marian seems a bit drab to me and whiny. Robin and Regina make a much better fit.

This woman murdered her father and what is happening to her is a direct result of her evil anyway since she was ready to execute Marianne. It's a joke that the Charmings have forgiven her for everything she did. She's ruined so many lives and never showed any remorse because it "lead her to my son"
  • Siobhan_MooreSiobhan_Moore Posts: 6,365
    Forum Member
    i'm so excited about this being back. season 3 was awesome, so i have high hopes :D

but gutted that hook will be in normal clothes though. i quite like a bloke in a long coat :blush::D
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    I'm excited :D
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    This woman murdered her father and what is happening to her is a direct result of her evil anyway since she was ready to execute Marianne. It's a joke that the Charmings have forgiven her for everything she did. She's ruined so many lives and never showed any remorse because it "lead her to my son"

It would be pretty boring if TV characters couldn't change etc.

She became who she was due to a broken heart. And her entire life was twisted by her own mother. She blamed the wrong person. Snow. But her actions were a result of everybody in her life using her for their own gain. She was basically the victim of life long abuse. She was used by her mother and Rumple to further both their agendas. Her mother because she wanted to become 'queen' and Rumple because he wanted the curse cast so he could find Bae. She was manipulated into both becoming 'evil' and casting the curse. When it had been shown time and time again all she wanted was love.

Snow has done just as much to Regina. She killed her mother. Was indirectly responsible for the death of her 'true love' and spent as much time trying to kill Regina as Regina spent trying to kill her. And had she shown remote. Emma and Snow along with herself would be dead in neverland still tied to that tree. So good job really isn't it.

And since the show began Regina has shown several times how much she's changed. She has also saved everyone more than once. The Diamond in the mine. She was perfectly willing to sacrifice herself. She absorbed the curse that had been cast over the well instead of letting it kill both Emma and Snow when they returned from the enchanted forest. She cast the curse that removed Emma and Henry's memories of storybrook to keep them safe. Despite yet again having to give up what she loved most. She faced Zelena several times whilst knowing full well she had no hope of winning. She has shown she is no longer the 'evil queen'.

For everyone to continue to hold a grudge would not only be extremely boring to watch and not very fairy tale like. It would also go completely against the Characters of both Snow and Charming. Who are the very essence of optimism and forgiveness.

If people can forgive Rumple. The one who was actually behind everything. The curse. Peter Pan. Zelena. Everything. And the one who continues to manipulate everyone despite a few selfless acts. Then why not Regina?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it underwhelming as a premier. Maybe my hopes were just too high. I loved all the Frozen scenes (all the roles were very well acted) and the little of Hook and Emma scenes that we got. The CGI troll was pretty good and Sven was my favourite by far :D and Kristoff is just easy on the eyes. :blush: I'm so ready for a spin-off with the Frozen arc.
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    I found it underwhelming as a premier. Maybe my hopes were just too high. I loved all the Frozen scenes (all the roles were very well acted) and the little of Hook and Emma scenes that we got. The CGI troll was pretty good and Sven was my favourite by far :D and Kristoff is just easy on the eyes. :blush: I'm so ready for a spin-off with the Frozen arc.

I'd agree, I don't want to say it was boring but it was quite a slow burner episode which is surprising as I thought it would have been a bit punchier to try and retain some of the Frozen fans that may not have watched OUAT before. I still enjoyed it and I'm glad they swerved Regina just trying to get rid of Marion, wonder what the hat is all about?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did seem a bit low key for me as well, but I liked the twist at the end where we find out that the sister was travelling to the Enchanted Forest.

It's certainly set things up well enough though.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it, but I did feel a little underwhelmed.
  • L_SilverwolfL_Silverwolf Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    If people can forgive Rumple. The one who was actually behind everything. The curse. Peter Pan. Zelena. Everything. And the one who continues to manipulate everyone despite a few selfless acts. Then why not Regina?

I could not agree with you more! Wonderful post. :)

Giving up being evil is obviously quite a feat, as illustrated by both Regina & Rumple's struggles in last night's episode. I do hope that Regina will be the more successful, although it was wonderful to see the initial temptation back to the dark side, as evidenced by the camera carefully framing the Fruit Bowl of Evil, and the mirror shattering.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Giving up being evil is obviously quite a feat, as illustrated by both Regina & Rumple's struggles in last night's episode. I do hope that Regina will be the more successful, although it was wonderful to see the initial temptation back to the dark side, as evidenced by the camera carefully framing the Fruit Bowl of Evil, and the mirror shattering.

I agree with all this in the real world. This is a television show and I found Regina so boring being good. She can have her happy ending in the last season. I enjoy Gold too far more as Rumple. I had hoped at Neal's grave that he would keep the real knife. He recognised the amulet. It being a witches hat it occurs to me it belongs to Maleficent so he brings her back. The hat contains a universe so it means you can manipulate it which in it's elf will open up the possibilities.

I loved the Sven and hope somehow they bring him to Storybrooke. I believe Prince Hans will be seen. I know from reading posts that many didn't like the character being 'evil'. Disney are doing a follow up film so hopefully they will redeem him in that and in OUAT.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. If the characters don't grow or mature then it makes for awful TV. I always find myself liking the bad guys more in TV shows. They're just more interesting.

I agree with all this in the real world. This is a television show and I found Regina so boring being good. She can have her happy ending in the last season. I enjoy Gold too far more as Rumple. I had hoped at Neal's grave that he would keep the real knife..

I also agree with this. The Evil Queen and the Dark one are my favourite characters. But because of that I can't help but root for them to get that thing they've always wanted. To get the thing they never had before which turned them 'evil' in the first place.

With Rumple, that's bravery. He always saw himself as a coward and becoming the dark one meant people feared him. Only he knew inside he was still that coward. It's great to watch him realise that he can be brave without being 'the dark one'. But years and years spent as that means it's not all cut and dry. He can't simply give up all that power. And it's the struggle of that that makes Rumple interesting.

And Regina. All she wanted from the get go was love. And happiness. From her mother. From Rumple. From Daniel. And it never happened. Even when she thought she did have it. With Henry it was taken away. It's good to see her not just revert back to type when once again her 'happy ending' it taken away.

For me it makes the characters much more complex and interesting to watch. Because they're not the good guys. They will always turn to magic first because it is what seemingly brought them everything they thought they wanted. Except it didn't. They still weren't happy. And seeing them now trying, and sometimes failing to be better for their own reasons. Is as interesting as it was watching the stories of how they became 'The Dark one' and 'the evil queen'.

For me anyway. Obviously not everyone will agree.

Also really looking forward to finding the answer to the question that's been bugging me since series one. Who wrote Henry's book!
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the worst season premier yet. Surprisingly, the best parts were Frozen and I didn't enjoy the movie very much. Everything else was underwhelming and the CGI was terrible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    It was an ok episode for me. It does feel like the same old tho, Grumpy alerting the Charmings of the latest danger then Emma taking the lead. David is such a bore!

Loving Regina more and more, especially since she's got Sidney Glass back and her new quest to find out who wrote the book!

I don't rate the CGI much neither, I find it off putting in parts. I agree that the troll was nicely done tho :D
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know much about Frozen or the characters as I've not watched it.

Enjoyed the other parts of the episode though, espcially Regina's parts.
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved it from start to finish :D

I took the hat to be from Fantasia and a quick google shows I was right.

All the Frozen characters were great, especially Sven, and can't wait to see where they go with Hans.
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you people who don't like the CGI watch it on your computers or on HDTV's at full resolution?

I watched on HDTV and the CGI is amazing especially the snow monster and the troll, it was like watching a movie. I was super impressed. If you watch on a lower resolution or download or stream a lower quality one it will look really bad as you can see from clips on youtube of the show it affects the whole quality of the image.

In the episode in season 3 with Tinkerbell and Regina, I watched it on my laptop and I thought the effects were absolutely dreadful, then I watched in HD months later and they were spectacular. It really does make viewing Once a different experience to watch it like that.

Can't wait for next week already.