Options

jim davidson picking on poor brian dowling

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Goodnight everyone, and remember........BRIAN will make more money than any of you will. Does he deserve it, in my opinion no, give it to the homeless, the needy, not BRIAN.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your comments are appreciated.

Maybe you shouldn't take criticism of Jim so personally. It's not aimed at you, though the way you post you'd think it was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jim let himself down badly. My wife is wonderful, have sometimes said things I regret in the heat of an argument. I'm sure I'm not the only one. But Jim is not the anti christ. Brian is not perfect, and did push the argument after a couple of drinks. I don't think Graham Norton would of had a problem with Jim, think they would of clicked. It's sometimes a clash of personalities.

I don't think that Brian deliberately started some of the arguments but I do think he helped prolong them by keep going on and on. I didn't agree with JD's comments but in the argument last night a number of times the argument seemed to die down then Brian would say "I can't believe you said that" and it blew up again.

I also think that Adele and him came across tonight as somewhat gloating that they had got rid of Jim. I am pleased he's gone, but it didn't look good the way they were skipping around. Yes the others seemed relieved and made a few comments but they didn't make it so obvious.

I actually hope that Barry McGuigan wins as he seems the most decent and genuine one there.
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Jim let himself down badly. My wife is wonderful, have sometimes said things I regret in the heat of an argument. I'm sure I'm not the only one. But Jim is not the anti christ. Brian is not perfect, and did push the argument after a couple of drinks. I don't think Graham Norton would of had a problem with Jim, think they would of clicked. It's sometimes a clash of personalities.

To a certain extent, I agree that there was a clash of personalities, but it went beyond that. JD showed no awareness for the feelings of Brian. He was patronising to Brian, offensive many times, was informed that he was being offensive and carried on regardless. Brians reaction, after days of this, was one that some on here sympathise with, others criticise. I tend to sympathise. (I guess!) Jim is not the anti-christ, but he apparently has no willingness to learn from the people around him, or moderate his behaviour, even when informed that he was being offensive. That's his choice. Brian, on the other hand, tried a few times to have a reasonable dialogue with Jim, only to be shot down. From what I could see he found the situation very frustrating. As to any of the contestants motivations for being on the show, we can speculate but cannot know. Money would probably be a sensible guess, and that would go for all of them IMO. Whether or not Graham Norton would have a problem with Jim or not is not really relevant, everyone is different, and handles things in a different way.
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    JD showed no awareness for the feelings of Brian.

The same can be said of Brian about JD too - especially with his little girlie backups of Adele and Abi ...

I read this little bit of info ..... but who on this forum will bother to read/accept it ...
    Oh, one thing no one has said on this debate is that Jim Davidson's best friend who always tours with him, is gay... was that ever mentioned in this thread, if you get his video called "To Boldly Go..." you see him on the tour footage at the beginning... and they are the best of friends, he gets Jim a signed photo set framed of the Star Trek cast for his birthday, Jim gets quite emotional and there is a lot of hugging... so after watching that, I couldnt call JD anti gay... its just his act! OK, its old fashioned, but people say a hell of a lot nastier things day to day.
  • Options
    ShoolpaShoolpa Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    whip wrote: »
    His career is not finished by a long shot, unfortunatly. There are plenty of pubs and clubs that are strong with BNP supporters, this is and has always been his audience.

You come out with utter garbage at times! Well most times in fact! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Goodnight everyone, and remember........BRIAN will make more money than any of you will. Does he deserve it, in my opinion no, give it to the homeless, the needy, not BRIAN.

Wy does'nt he give it to the poor people he conned on ITV by telling them to phone in to a fake quiz show,which they had no chance of winning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Brian is a top bloke, best housemate ever . he is a p.oof and JD don't like poofs. Nuff said.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    god to see brian back to himself tonight,now the bully has gone.
    brian to win!!!!!!
  • Options
    NotawordNotaword Posts: 10,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomorrow wrote: »
    The same can be said of Brian about JD too - especially with his little girlie backups of Adele and Abi ...

I read this little bit of info ..... but who on this forum will bother to read/accept it ...

I have.....:)

(Originally Posted by creamygoodness
    Oh, one thing no one has said on this debate is that Jim Davidson's best friend who always tours with him, is gay... was that ever mentioned in this thread, if you get his video called "To Boldly Go..." you see him on the tour footage at the beginning... and they are the best of friends, he gets Jim a signed photo set framed of the Star Trek cast for his birthday, Jim gets quite emotional and there is a lot of hugging... so after watching that, I couldnt call JD anti gay... its just his act! OK, its old fashioned, but people say a hell of a lot nastier things day to day.)

Does that make him any less a bigot though..........OK he has a GAY friend, whom might be ok with him taking the pee. But does this still justify his treatment of Brian?

IMO, it has reinforced that JD is more concerned about 'the laugh' than peoples feelings. If its just an act, then why cann't that act evolve with the times. Move on from the 70's. If JD is so insensative and have no understanding to how his 'act' affects people then maybe its time he bowed out of the comedy scene. Stick to the pubs and clubs where the punters pay for his type of humour through choice and not be subjected to it on our tv's.

You are right peeps say some real nasty things day to day, but they are still accountable as has JD been...........thats why he was asked to leave the show.
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomorrow wrote: »

yes, you could indeed sat that, depending on your interpretation of events.

I read it. It has no bearing whatsoever on the offensive things JD said to Brian. Do you agree that some of the coments JD made to Brian where offensive, and not just to Brian but to many people watching (as evidenced by the comments on this forum, in the press and by the removal of JD from the programme)?
  • Options
    NotawordNotaword Posts: 10,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The word bigot and JD seem to be associated not just on this forum..............

http://www.comedy-zone.net/standup/comedian/d/davidson-jim.htm
    http://www.funny.co.uk/news/art_75-1276-Davidson-Refuses-To-Perform-For-Disabled-People.html
    I am convinced that he was fully aware of what he said to Brian, he just wasn't aware of the affect.................yet again he may of........maybe he gets to sell a story or two off the back of the show......who knows.....
  • Options
    PollyannaPollyanna Posts: 3,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As JD himself said on the show - "What happens to people like me?" and "Where do people like me go?"

The answer is Jim - back to Dubai (if they can stomach you over there) and never darken these shores again :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I don't think that Brian deliberately started some of the arguments but I do think he helped prolong them by keep going on and on. I didn't agree with JD's comments but in the argument last night a number of times the argument seemed to die down then Brian would say "I can't believe you said that" and it blew up again.

I also think that Adele and him came across tonight as somewhat gloating that they had got rid of Jim. I am pleased he's gone, but it didn't look good the way they were skipping around. Yes the others seemed relieved and made a few comments but they didn't make it so obvious.

I actually hope that Barry McGuigan wins as he seems the most decent and genuine one there.

TBH I don't think anyone missed him once he was gone. Even Anneka cheered up. Jim had a negative effect on the atmosphere in the kitchen even if you take his nasty remarks to Brian out of the equation. He was critical and highly reactive and a difficult person to be around.
  • Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I don't think anyone missed him once he was gone. Even Anneka cheered up. Jim had a negative effect on the atmosphere in the kitchen even if you take his nasty remarks to Brian out of the equation. He was critical and highly reactive and a difficult person to be around.
    Agreed,but the show is now "Jackanory",a childrens playground.Jim was confrontational but at least you didn't know what was coming next.Overall I would like him back.....Just.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boyzie wrote: »
    Agreed,but the show is now "Jackanory",a childrens playground.Jim was confrontational but at least you didn't know what was coming next.Overall I would like him back.....Just.
    I always hate the 'you didn't know what was coming next' argument it was the same one used for Charley and like Charley you always knew exactly what was coming next. When people are nasty and spiteful it is very easy to predict their actions.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brian is somewhat oversensitive isn't he... and he does play the homophobic card.

He could of handled things differently, but he wanted to get rid of Jim and gain public sympathy - which he has, for the most part achieved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jasmine* wrote: »
    Brian is somewhat oversensitive isn't he... and he does play the homophobic card.

He could of handled things differently, but he wanted to get rid of Jim and gain public sympathy - which he has, for the most part achieved.

I think he would have come out of this better if he hadn't started skipping around as much when JD left. It did make it look like he had pushed things to get rid of Jim (who I don't like by the way).

Apparently Brian's odds for winning have dropped since the incident and he is no longer favourite. Maybe Brian cried a bit too much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jasmine* wrote: »

This is a tired argument - Brian could not play the homophobic card unless there was a homophobic bigot making insulting remarks to him from day 1. JD apparently couldn't talk to Brian without bringing up his gayness or referring to gays. You'd think he'd never met a gay person before the way he kept asking him stupid questions.

JD has a similar attitude to the people on here who keep asking why Brian has to camp it up. Brian is who he is and doesn't have to explain himself or justify himself. JD apparently thought otherwise. He might just as well have said why aren't you normal, like me?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian didn't play any card. Jim just couldn't stop making unpleasant jibes. He was clearly uncomfortable about Brian being camp and just couldn't leave him be. Glad the bigoted prat is gone. Was disappointed in Paul for not saying more about Jim's appalling behaviour, but fair play to Barry, who seems to be the most sensible person there (and who I think will win now).
  • Options
    ClaratClarat Posts: 4,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If playing the homophobic card

=

Not letting a homophobe get away with using homophobic comments to belittle you and make you feel like shit

Then yes Brian did play it and good on him for playing it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hopefully now that JD's gone we can see more of the others and concentrate more on the cooking rather than the bickering.

I agree that they seemed a lot happier last night but I thought Brian totally overdid the happiness thing, the way he was flapping around shrieking waving his hands around was getting a tad irritating.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    I always hate the 'you didn't know what was coming next' argument it was the same one used for Charley and like Charley you always knew exactly what was coming next. When people are nasty and spiteful it is very easy to predict their actions.
    Now, Charley was something else,I don't think she should have even been in BB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boyzie wrote: »
    Now, Charley was something else,I don't think she should have even been in BB.

Could you imagine Charley or Chanelle on Hell's Kitchen :eek:

Charley in one kitchen arguing with everyone, Chanelle in the other throwing tantrums and stropping :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Who are we to comment on how Brian was feeling? It is how the person feels who is being bullied, not the perceived interpretation from others|!!!