UBB: is the result cut and dried already?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,046
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Certainly appears that way to me. To glean the facebook group, there's clearly only one game in town. And we all know who THAT is.:rolleyes:

Can Josie be stopped? Early coverage certainly seems to be fawning over her, as are the new housemates. Are producers intending to cement her victory as a means of vindicating their handling of BB11?

I know it's early days, but initial indications suggest that the momentum in her direction is an unstoppable force.:(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she will win it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    smalls go back to school before it ends - who knows
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's her or Brian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smalls go back to school before it ends - who knows

It's on in the night they can still vote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly appears that way to me. To glean the facebook group, there's clearly only one game in town. And we all know who THAT is.:rolleyes:

Can Josie be stopped? Early coverage certainly seems to be fawning over her, as are the new housemates. Are producers intending to cement her victory as a means of vindicating their handling of BB11?

I know it's early days, but initial indications suggest that the momentum in her direction is an unstoppable force.:(

I think if there's more coverage of Josie that's to be understood. She's the current Big Bro Champ, obviously popular with the public so they assume the public want to see more of her.

I'd like to see her win. She's my fave all time housemate, but I would also like Brian Dowling to win...I'm torn :eek::D
  • sharronwillowsharronwillow Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will depend on how the nominations/evictions work.

Are housemates going to be nominating, or will they all be put up? Will it be a vote to save, or vote to evict?

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    If Chantelle winning CBB was the public doling out an "up yours" to the celebrities, which I sort of thought it was at the time, then the same might apply to Josie I guess.

I don't believe BB "wants" it particularly, and "fawning over" the winner of BB11 in the early hours of UBB isn't surprising at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eduble wrote: »
    It's on in the night they can still vote.
    Yeah.:rolleyes::(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Josie. But she doesn't stand a chance against Brian. I know there's a lot of Josie haters on these forums, and the voters are not mainly from these forums, but you only have to compare the comments that are made about any postings on Josie to the ones on Brian and it's obvious there's a lot of love out there for him. And whereas a lot of us could not be arsed to pick up the phone to vote for Josie to win, I for one will be voting Brian all the way!
  • The Third EyeThe Third Eye Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a sneaky feeling that the UBB winner will be someone who didn't win their original BB. And an ever bigger sneaking feeling that it might be Preston.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if there's more coverage of Josie that's to be understood. She's the current Big Bro Champ, obviously popular with the public so they assume the public want to see more of her.

I'd like to see her win. She's my fave all time housemate, but I would also like Brian Dowling to win...I'm torn :eek::D
    I really don't 'get' this Josie love. How can a lazy, unhygienic airtime hogger, who spent almost an entire series on her back and playing viewers for idiots be your all time favourite housemate? I hasten to add that I'm not trying to have a pop at you, I really just don't 'get it.':confused:
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    I've got a sneaky feeling that the UBB winner will be someone who didn't win their original BB. And an ever bigger sneaking feeling that it might be Preston.

Oh, I hope you are wrong. Preston is a pain in the backside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Josie. But she doesn't stand a chance against Brian. I know there's a lot of Josie haters on these forums, and the voters are not mainly from these forums, but you only have to compare the comments that are made about any postings on Josie to the ones on Brian and it's obvious there's a lot of love out there for him. And whereas a lot of us could not be arsed to pick up the phone to vote for Josie to win, I for one will be voting Brian all the way!

Agreed.
  • ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    I really don't 'get' this Josie love. How can a lazy, unhygienic airtime hogger, who spent almost an entire series on her back and playing viewers for idiots be your all time favourite housemate? I hasten to add that I'm not trying to have a pop at you, I really just don't 'get it.':confused:

because the Tweenie gang voted out the opposition.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parneb wrote: »
    because the Tweenie gang voted out the opposition.
    Yeah.:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    She may win but she certainly doesn't deserve it.

I'd be happy if Brian got it. I really enjoyed BB2, one of my best BB's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that Josie has had any time to wave the BB flag to be a champion of champions.

Some like Cameron and that welsh girl that won go back to normal life and don't keep BB madness/fever alive. Perhaps Josie would have been like that.
    To crown her now would be too premature.

Anyway IMO I think UBB would have been better done next year instead of CBB. Don't know what others think on timing?
  • Pandy79Pandy79 Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get real Brian will win hands down.Josie only won with such a high % because she was up against 4 deadwoods.I don't even think she'd of won last night if Sam had been in the final.
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think Josie won so easily due to the vote to evict with four out last friday, had it been to save, then not sure she would have won.

Brian is a good contender for UBB at present, I don't think Josie is a strong enough character compared with some past ones.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pandy79 wrote: »
    Get real Brian will win hands down.Josie only won with such a high % because she was up against 4 deadwoods.I don't even think she'd of won last night if Sam had been in the final.

I don't get why Brian will win hands down though he did win the favourite BB winner poll. There are other Hms I like better, Chantelle for one.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,640
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling Preston could do it. He's probably the least obnoxious one in there.
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I'm with the 'anyone but Josie' brigade.

Just hope there is some genuine competition that those who dislike her can support on UBB. The BB11 final was a farce imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I don't get why Brian will win hands down though he did win the favourite BB winner poll. There are other Hms I like better, Chantelle for one.

Brian won that poll in 2007.
    I still like him but he's placing second behind Josie on current odds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I certainly hope so! ;)
  • CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brian will win. Josie is going to get lost in amongst these characters. she will hold her own in the house - but will have limited hls imho given who she is in there with. She is funny - but not as funny as Brian/Nadia - she is "nice" but not as nice as Chantelle - she is a game player but not nearly as good as Makosi - she is upfront but not as upfront as John M.