Options

Car Insurance

sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

My car exhaust has gone kaput!! Now i've had the car for a few years and wanted a change anyway so have decided to get a loan and buy a car, then get my other car repaired after my holidays then sell it for whatever it's worth, now is it possible to insure my old car month my month 3rd Party, Fire & Threft until i sell it whilst changing my main insurance to the new car? I don't want an uninsured car on the drive! If not i could get the car repaired and see what i can get PX but i'd rather sell it private for more cash.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Fred SplungeFred Splunge Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would imagine you can do this. Not all insurers will do a month-by-month policy mind you, so you may end up with each car insured with a different insurer, but I don't see why that would be a problem.
  • Options
    Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doing it that way is possible but may not save you any money, you would be paying short-term rates.

Personally I would leave the main insurance with the current car, when you get the new one transfer the insurance to the new car and get temporary additional vehicle cover for the old one until you sell it.

Or just take the risk! Not much can happen to a car left on the drive?