Options

The Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Board

Comments

• Options
    cheryl_quinneycheryl_quinney Posts: 3,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good Morning Mrs S. I've just clicked on this link and it doesn't work. I hope you are feeling more positive toward Pasha today than yesterday and please don't take offence when I say not to believe everything that is posted on a social networking site regardless of who that person may be who is posting. I see negative things on a daily basis posted by people who were once close to someone and is gets pretty ugly and it does make you wonder why people want to air their dirty laundry so publiclly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    do you mean Pasha hun? are you ok?
    Sorry to worry everyone. I was referring to Pasha and he hasn't done anything bad or wrong, just have had a change of heart because of some recent revelations. No worries - he's still a lovely person I'm sure.

Just read all the impassioned discussion this post caused. I can't get worked up about this since as has been said, most of us are just fans. Making a statement like this can bring about all sorts of thoughts that might cause one to misjudge your relationship with Pash as other than a casual fan or maybe something else. We are all anonymous. I can only imagine that the reason for this post is because you have a more personal relationship with him than others that post here in order to care that much about something put on of all things facebook or twitter.

I will just say keep in mind that once you say something like this on a board, it's going to cause the type of disagreement and rallying around him that it did. I hope it was just innocent emotion that caused your post, but I don't know what the intent was. I've seen things like this before on appreciation threads and I hope we just move on together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idetached wrote: »
    Just read all the impassioned discussion this post caused. I can't get worked up about this since as has been said, most of us are just fans. Making a statement like this can bring about all sorts of thoughts that might cause one to misjudge your relationship with Pash as other than a casual fan or maybe something else. We are all anonymous. I can only imagine that the reason for this post is because you have a more personal relationship with him than others that post here in order to care that much about something put on of all things facebook or twitter.

I will just say keep in mind that once you say something like this on a board, it's going to cause the type of disagreement and rallying around him that it did. I hope it was just innocent emotion that caused your post, but I don't know what the intent was. I've seen things like this before on appreciation threads and I hope we just move on together.

Well said ideatched. The voice of reasoning on this thread.

Lets all go back to the begining of what this thread was made for; Pasha and his appreciation of dance and his ability to inspire others with his talent and for us all to enjoy his beautiful work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    another reminder for all who post or just passing through need your messages for Pasha and katya for their good luck with the tour video that im putting together, want them in by 16th march. please please please dont put it off would really like a huge turn out this time, more than with Pasha's bday vid or just as many would be nice too, we have more time so lets put in a big effort for them.
  • Options
    silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    Morning - Just looked at the link to Pasha's real Facebook. Lots of pics but nothing to get excited about.

The tour starts soon and there will be lots of shows to discuss and pics to post from the signings. Hope all those going enjoy the shows. Maybe one or two of you will manage to sneak a photo or two without Katya seeing.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I usually don't get into these types of discussions, but I do feel compelled to put in my two cents (or more) worth here. To re-familiarize myself with specifics, I looked up "innuendo". It means "an indirect intimation about a person or thing; an allusive or oblique remark or hint."

So it seems that what has happened is that Mrs. S read either a direct (whether true or false) statement or an innuendo about Pasha. That statement or innuendo caused her to feel the need to put on a public forum that after six years, she was through with this man. When that statement elicited confused and concerned posts, she responded with an innuendo (given the above definition). Human nature being what it is and given that this is a Pasha thread, people wanted concreteness rather than obliqueness and thus all the confusion and distraction.

At any rate, it is important to note that in Cheryl's excellent post, she makes the point that a person who presents an innuendo or oblique remark and then does not clarify may actually create a sort of speculation/inference about her/himself.

See the section of Cheryl's statement where she effectively illustrates this very chain of events:

. Making a statement like this can bring about all sorts of thoughts that might cause one to misjudge your relationship with Pash as other than a casual fan or maybe something else. We are all anonymous. I can only imagine that the reason for this post is because you have a more personal relationship with him than others that post here in order to care that much about something put on of all things facebook or twitter.

Sorry to take so long; I agree with Pumpkin that there is always room for healthy discussion. I agree that it is important to treat social media/any media's "truths" with a hefty dose of reasoned skepticism. I also know that we only see the public persona of any celebrity. I don't know the purpose of the first or second post by Mrs. S. I just know that I am ready to get back into the gutter where most of us fangirls happily putter about, indulging our harmless imaginations and getting a bit of escape from work or home bothers! :eek::)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I meant to give credit to i-detached for the quote below. Noted that Cheryl herself quoted it, thus my mistake and merging the two of their points (both good) into one!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    He made up the story about the on and off girlfriend in the states. That is all, there's nothing else going on. I don't care for liars so it rubbed me the wrong way. My initial post was just an impulsive reaction to being upset and I wish I had not done it. This is true and I won't say any more about it. Carry on as you were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He made up the story about the on and off girlfriend in the states. That is all, there's nothing else going on. I don't care for liars so it rubbed me the wrong way. My initial post was just an impulsive reaction to being upset and I wish I had not done it. This is true and I won't say any more about it. Carry on as you were.

Perhaps Pasha made the story up so that the press in the UK would leave him alone and not hound him and his dance partner. Poor Artem was hounded by the press when he was partnered with Holly and they were quite unkind about Kara. Now Artem and Kara tweet even less and are more guarded about what they say to the press
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member

What does it means?? Does he or doesn't he have a girlfriend? or it means that he hasn't had one or that he had not finished that relationship,he still continue with her?
    whatever the reason it doesn't have to do anything about his dancing... that is why we all are his fans...
  • Options
    crimsonlakecrimsonlake Posts: 97
    Forum Member

I think we'd all guessed that anyway. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pearlsha wrote: »
    What does it means?? Does he or doesn't he have a girlfriend? or it means that he hasn't had one or that he had not finished that relationship,he still continue with her?
    whatever the reason it doesn't have to do anything about his dancing... that is why we all are his fans...

I'd say that he said his girlfriend was an on/off thing as so Marian didn't pry to deep into his private life. If anything, this is the Pasha we all adore; elusive, puts walls up where necessary to block out unwanted questions, can be frustrating at times but we'd still support him in his work and any other endeavours he choses to do - thats what fans do.
    Pasha reminds me of Kimberley in this regard; both guard their privacy to the utmost degree in order to maintain a decent private life without constant media intrusion where it isn't welcome. As much as I can understand now Mrs S reasons for being shocked by Pasha's response to his not so on/off relationship, at the same time I can see why Pasha did this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I'd say that he said his girlfriend was an on/off thing as so Marian didn't pry to deep into his private life. If anything, this is the Pasha we all adore; elusive, puts walls up where necessary to block out unwanted questions, can be frustrating at times but we'd still support him in his work and any other endeavours he choses to do - thats what fans do.
    Pasha reminds me of Kimberley in this regard; both guard their privacy to the utmost degree in order to maintain a decent private life without constant media intrusion where it isn't welcome. As much as I can understand now Mrs S reasons for being shocked by Pasha's response to his not so on/off relationship, at the same time I can see why Pasha did this.

Agreed. I can see why Pasha would make this up too. He was probably trying to protect himself AND Kimberley (AND Justin) from all the stick they would have got from the press about a possible love affair between them, will they won't they stories and probably decided it was the best way to avoid all that. He's probably between girlfriends?:rolleyes:
    I'm not saying it's right to lie but under these circumstances and to keep hold of some kind of private life I don't blame him at all for lying. At the end of the day It's not like it's a lie that hurt anyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member

So who was the person Chelsee Healey met? or was she in on the lie to......

Even if he did say she was still his girlfriend and she wasn't, haven't we addressed this before when talking about him saying he was still in a relationship maybe to keep the media off of medaling with him and Kim. It worked so mission accomplished for whatever reason he did it.
  • Options
    music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re giving the impression of a girlfiend - Perhaps Pasha wanted to stop Tess D and the press from linking him romantically with Chelsee - she is definitely not his type. Tess used to go on and on...... He must have been so irritated by this and created a bit of an 'illusion of a girlfriend' just to stop people bothering him. Nothing wrong with that!

To me it has always been pretty obvious that he wasn't connected to anyone on a permanent basis - he was very much emotionally involved with Kimberley and their partnership. And with regards to the interview with Marian - remember, she writes fiction too!
    She doesn't have to tell the public everything that Pasha told her - if he wants to keep things private, that's his choice.

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I KNEW IT!! :cool:

Though everybody apparently expected it. :p
    I'm keeping it in the back of my head that there are still no hard facts, and don't forget Katya would have been in on it too.

Remember that pasha was surprised that Katya knew he listened to classical in the morning, and she replied 'you're girlfriend told me' :D Wonder if that was a secret little joke between the two, or if it's a sign Emma really does exist.

but don't you guys mind me.. I spend my free time thinking up crazy fan theories about the tv-series I watch. Don't think it will apply as well to reality. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps Pasha did have a girlfriend when he was on SCD with Chelsee and then touring with Katya. That was a while ago now. No decent guy admits publicly they have been dumped or done the dumping. Pasha may have been embarrassed or too kind to say anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm of the conclusion that 'Emma' does exist but wants as little of his relationship with her in the public eye as possible. The supposed on/off thing turns out to be a fabrication but nothing was noted of her apparent transitioning to New York for her career, if this is why she's moving and he possibly thought that it was easier to say on/off until he'd discussed with his girlfriend exactly which path both of them were on - the same one or different.
  • Options
    SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    callicot wrote: »
    Hi all :)

Just popping on as I have found another radio interview that aired today which was recorded a couple of weeks ago. The lady interviewer is obviously a big strictly fan and asks a few different questions to the norm. It's in two parts - at 10 mins and 24 mins. Here's the link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p014jwk5

What on earth is going on here though? I was embarrassed reading some of the posts here. It's pretty poor form starting a game of chinese whispers on a thread like this. If you have got something to say just say it - if not just keep quiet.

Enjoy the interview :)

Thanks Callicot, will listen later to what Pasha has to say in that hot Russian voice.:o;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emmalou78 wrote: »
    Lovely interview from Pasha, I could listen to his voice and that gorgeous laugh all the time :o:D

Thanks for posting callicot, the tour will soon be here, getting very excited!

Will try and sleep again, night all x
    SalsaShon wrote: »
    Thanks Callicot, will listen later to what Pasha has to say in that hot Russian voice.:o;)

Thanks Emma and Shona. I was waiting two weeks for that interview to air. I think that's maybe the last of the interviews for now but they have at least brightened up a quiet couple of weeks before the tour rehearsals start :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know where I can head off for some Pasha patootie fixation? I'm in dire need of an ogle at Pasha's backside. There's been a drought in new pics of anything Pasha related...or old pics, I ain't fussed. And if he's semi naked holding a fishing rod, I'll be in an early grave...Pasha does things for the fishing market put it that way!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know where I can head off for some Pasha patootie fixation? I'm in dire need of an ogle at Pasha's backside. There's been a drought in new pics of anything Pasha related...or old pics, I ain't fussed. And if he's semi naked holding a fishing rod, I'll be in an early grave...Pasha does things for the fishing market put it that way!

https://twitter.com/Simply_Pasha/status/306461464208748544/photo/1

Will this do for you Cheryl?

Thank you Lady A for the pic :) You must be telepathic ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YAY! Pasha positiveness, which in the last 24 hours-ish is much needed. OK so the article is someone's overall take on SCD 2012 but Top Dance of the Series goes to...http://taliatalksdance.wordpress.com/tag/pasha-kovalev/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    callicot wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Simply_Pasha/status/306461464208748544/photo/1

Will this do for you Cheryl?

Thank you Lady A for the pic :) You must be telepathic ;)

Jesus, Mary and Joseph :eek: (sorry if this saying offends)...I've just died and gone pleasantly to heaven :p ...hmmm...his friend isn't too bad looking either if I do say so :D , but he ain't a patch on the Kovalev :yawn:

As said, the man does things for Fishing and the fishing market that no other man could! If Pasha appeared on the front cover of an angling magazine, I think I might eat it!
This discussion has been closed.