- ~ Rachel Riley & Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Thread ~ -

Comments

• Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this :)

Rachel Riley ‏@RachelRileyRR 7h
    @DeborahMeaden thank you, the dance off dance was my favourite of the series, no pressure just enjoyment!

She did looked like she was enjoying herself on that dancefloor one last time and went on a high :).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Hey, Phronni, are you going to be backing Anya and Patrick now?

Pet, Thanks for answer! I quite often lose track trying to keep up with Pasha (or really anybody when there are several people dancing--watched who I thought was my god-daughter only to find out that she was elsewhere). But he will be there, and maybe with Anya, I can have two "marks" to look at!

Yep, I'll be backing Patrick and Anya. I also want to look at more videos of others. I confess to only watching videos involving Pasha with the very occasional Artem thrown in.

So this will be a nice (got to look on a bright side somewhere) opportunity to get familiar with others!
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Phronni out there in the American South West if I remember correctly.( Weren't you snowed in sometime last year?)
  • Options
    sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was an incredibly touching exit, and as everybody has said handled with a great deal of dignity. I also loved their 'last' dance. I agree too that although they were out too early, I'm glad they went out on a good dance than a poor one. I thinks it's better to go a couple of weeks early than to outstay your welcome, it was clear that they knew they were going and went out and enjoyed the dance off. Kudos to them.
  • Options
    peppy5peppy5 Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been away from home this weekend and haven't been able yet to watch either show, so thank you all for pics and links and lovely comments.

So sad to see them go out under such circumstances, but good to hear that they went out on a high and with such grace and dignity. I will watch with tissues at the ready :cry::cry:

When do we usually hear who's doing the SCD tour? Hope pasha's included, and looking forward to hearing more details of pasha and katya's tour.

Feeling a bit :(:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sradia wrote: »
    I thought it was an incredibly touching exit, and as everybody has said handled with a great deal of dignity. I also loved their 'last' dance. I agree too that although they were out too early, I'm glad they went out on a good dance than a poor one. I thinks it's better to go a couple of weeks early than to outstay your welcome, it was clear that they knew they were going and went out and enjoyed the dance off. Kudos to them.

Perfectly put. I really like Rachel. A class act.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Hi, Jim! What a great memory you have, and yes, it was just about this time that we were pretty well snowed in!

The latest from our little town is that it and what other little communities surrounding it for over a hundred mile radius have four times lost all cell, internet (yikes...no SCD fix!!!!) and related services. Apparently, we have only one line snaking through the mountains. The first time, someone shot through it, and the second time--my all-time favorite--a beaver chewed through it. So, I have returned after a many-days absence four times this season to find many a post! I always enjoy yours.

I hope this thread doesn't dry up (or at least the Pasha one) until the tour starts again!

Take care, Phronni
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    As I was watching the Goodbye Rachel video in the early hours I realised something..... because of being finalists the past two years Pasha has never actually done a proper exit interview before rather had been shooed around the floor by Brucie!!! I know the finalists do a longer pre show interview...but its never the same...So one day in the final... then gone!! It was very heart warming to see the cheeky Pasha in exit and bless Rachel... such a sweetheart!!! At least I can officially watch their final interview tonight.... with box of tissues at hand :( with sadness yet pride... :cry::cry:

And as Pasha says (Like many others) : Show must go on!!! :cry::)

@PashaKovalev 14h
    Thank you for the amazing support from all the fans and all the nicest tweets. Show must go on!

@PashaKovalev 15h
    @RachelRileyRR it was our best performance of the series in the dance off in my opinion. You loved dancing so much and I'm sorry it's over
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    As I was watching the Goodbye Rachel video in the early hours I realised something..... because of being finalists the past two years Pasha has never actually done a proper exit interview before rather had been shooed around the floor by Brucie!!! I know the finalists do a longer pre show interview...but its never the same...So one day in the final... then gone!! It was very heart warming to see the cheeky Pasha in exit and bless Rachel... such a sweetheart!!! At least I can officially watch their final interview tonight.... with box of tissues at hand :( with sadness yet pride... :cry::cry:

And as Pasha says (Like many others) : Show must go on!!! :cry::)

@PashaKovalev 14h
    Thank you for the amazing support from all the fans and all the nicest tweets. Show must go on!

@PashaKovalev 15h
    @RachelRileyRR it was our best performance of the series in the dance off in my opinion. You loved dancing so much and I'm sorry it's over

Aww, sad to see them go, thanks for the links, set me off again.:cry:

https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/status/397100040298442752/photo/1/large

https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/status/397097489545060352/photo/1/large
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks Karma....:)
    Lazy journalism again... :rolleyes::rolleyes:... Never let facts get in the way of a story.....lol.... But so glad they got a Pasha pic... couldn't they have posted some more?? At least give us something?... lol....onetrackmind.com :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Thanks Karma....:)
    Lazy journalism again... :rolleyes::rolleyes:... Never let facts get in the way of a story.....lol.... But so glad they got a Pasha pic... couldn't they have posted some more?? At least give us something?... lol....onetrackmind.com :D:D

Can't be a@sed, to pay for this week's set of photos, most likely, plus cobbling together an article:rolleyes: Surprised Pash got papped, must be a blip in his impeccable record to fly under the record, obviously.:D:D:D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't be a@sed, to pay for this week's set of photos, most likely, plus cobbling together an article: Surprised Pash got papped, must be a blip in his impeccable record to fly under the record, obviously.:D;)

Thanks for all the pics Karma :)

Pasha is slipping up....:rolleyes:..... Not that I mind ;):cool:

But I am already feeling sad about their last interview...!!!! Lovely Rachel and my goofy cute Pash!!!:(:(:cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sad ITT tonight :(:(:cry:cry::cry:

Rachel's Best Bits :(
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ta Korky!!! That man bluesteeling should be made illegal!!! Does unspeakable stuff to me.....:o:o:o
    Will miss him during the week so much :(:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would have been interesting to see their Marilyn foxtrot. No more Pasha and his choreography each week. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would have been interesting to see their Marilyn foxtrot. No more Pasha and his choreography each week. :(

:(:(:cry:cry::cry:
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really nice ITT interview with them, both looking gorgeous. :) Is it just me or is this one of the only times Zoe let them talk in actual sentences? Was good to see and hear them. I doubt there would have been the MF talk about no chemistry if they'd been allowed to talk for more than 2-second stretches before their exit interview.

Regretting the Marilyn foxtrot too. :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps we will be given the opportunity. I seem to remember that Robin is using his now-spare time to teach Deborah one or two more dances .....

And if the opportunity to see a Rachel foxtrot didn't arise in SCD - does anybody here know if Pasha is doing a tour next year?
  • Options
    anothermianothermi Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would really appreciate if someone could post that ITT interview at some point. Pretty please?

So sad for our two (and us) but I was happy Rachel went out on a great dance (and did it better the second time!). Also appreciate that Pasha showed off the fact that she really has learned to dance via their final dance in the centre alone - not just rocking back and forth like some but performing actual dance steps out of context of "the routine" and she did that beautifully. I think she can justifiably claim that she CAN dance. :):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    anothermi wrote: »
    Would really appreciate if someone could post that ITT interview at some point. Pretty please?

So sad for our two (and us) but I was happy Rachel went out on a great dance (and did it better the second time!). Also appreciate that Pasha showed off the fact that she really has learned to dance via their final dance in the centre alone - not just rocking back and forth like some but performing actual dance steps out of context of "the routine" and she did that beautifully. I think she can justifiably claim that she CAN dance. :):):)

BIB i would love to see it :cry:
    and where i can see the video of the dance off??? i cant find it on you tube =(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pearlsha wrote: »
    BIB i would love to see it :cry:
    and where i can see the video of the dance off??? i cant find it on you tube =(

The DO on Lady A's YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT-DY2I0NN0