Options

Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• Options
    kelvokelvo Posts: 3,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp312 wrote: »
    Laura not all there?! I've met her a couple of times and I can tell you she is very smart, clever and a lovely person to talk to, if she wasn't all there, she wouldn't be able to do her job! Not sure if many realise this, but when they 'do' the weather, they are not reading an autocue. I've actually watched her do the weather out on location ( I mean I was stood next to her) and I was amazed how she's just looking into a camera lens, talking about the weather and having to make sure her timings are just right with the graphics that we see. I was amazed.

Laura is cute too...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/22/24F0455C00000578-2921562-image-a-81_1421927984701.jpg

...but anyway, yes, think most weather presenters work without a script - think I've seen on a behind the scenes at the BBC. I don't know, does Laura have a meteorological background? Need to understand what you're talking about, and with no auto-cue and someone sends you out in the freezing cold whilst your co-presenters are toasty in the studio :D I assume she also has to prepare all the forecast and graphics to, so there is a lot more than just looking pretty in front of a weather map.
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    And this is what now passes for "news with a harder edge" .....

Yes, women who are pregnant tend to get larger around the abdomen. It happens all the time.

Well, I did wonder... and other areas too, almost she deserves a mention in the 'best boobs' thread :blush::p

strange not to see any best wishes or whatever from Susanna on Twitter - there were lots from others. Lovely send off for Charlotte though, she is clearly well thought of, that they made such a fuss of her.
  • Options
    simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would be interesting to know what GMB got on Mon/Tues to see if the 660k it got on Wednesday was a one off figure or if GMB are starting to gain an audience.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    It was to mark there presenter going on maternity leave. It aired just before Richards Entertainment news bit

The apparent media fascination with these so-called "baby bumps" never ceases to amaze me.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The apparent media fascination with these so-called "baby bumps" never ceases to amaze me.

Yes you wouldn't think it had been happening for thousands of years and is perfectly normal for a pregnant woman:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You mean the Daily Mail's.... and particularly with Charlotte's

I think I counted over 30 articles on Charlotte in the DM, with pretty much everything she wore - but then the photographers were obviously camped outside ITV studios knowing they couldn't fail to get their pics as she left work. I even managed to get a couple of nice snaps one morning as their studios are just around the corner from our HQ :)

I know I read a lot from those who don't like this fashion for bumps in tight dresses, but I think she looks beautiful, elegant and stylish in whatever she has worn so why shouldn't she show it off to best effect. No doubt you wouldn't please those if she wore frumpy tents... :(
  • Options
    Bob_KnoobbBob_Knoobb Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kelvo wrote: »
    Laura is cute too...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/01/22/24F0455C00000578-2921562-image-a-81_1421927984701.jpg

...but anyway, yes, think most weather presenters work without a script - think I've seen on a behind the scenes at the BBC. I don't know, does Laura have a meteorological background? Need to understand what you're talking about, and with no auto-cue and someone sends you out in the freezing cold whilst your co-presenters are toasty in the studio :D I assume she also has to prepare all the forecast and graphics to, so there is a lot more than just looking pretty in front of a weather map.

Well, I did wonder... and other areas too, almost she deserves a mention in the 'best boobs' thread :blush::p

strange not to see any best wishes or whatever from Susanna on Twitter - there were lots from others. Lovely send off for Charlotte though, she is clearly well thought of, that they made such a fuss of her.

Laura mentioned once she studied physics at Uni so she must be very smart.
    Lately Susanna has been much quieter on twitter than she used to be. She used to tweet about her nights out plus pics, her kids, her cat '30 second cat pic warning' etc basically anything and everything. It might be something to do with Daily Mail paps following her and she is just being more careful about the info she puts out there. She also mentioned the other weekend on LBC that she tried to contact her local community police officer because someone was behaving oddly near her home. She later saw two officers on patrol and reported it to them and they informed her to ring 999 in future. She didn't go into details but maybe her fame is now at a level that she is attracting stalker types?
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura may be smart a but comes across a bit silly on screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bob_Knoobb wrote: »
    Lately Susanna has been much quieter on twitter than she used to be. She used to tweet about her nights out plus pics, her kids, her cat '30 second cat pic warning' etc basically anything and everything. It might be something to do with Daily Mail paps following her and she is just being more careful about the info she puts out there. She also mentioned the other weekend on LBC that she tried to contact her local community police officer because someone was behaving oddly near her home.

I've noticed that as well. Odd. Certainly those Daily Mail pics of her going on holiday or with her new "fella" were a bit creepy and stalkerish as they were obviously outside her house and even identified what car she drives. Almost a bit odd that her cat went missing, can't imagine it was anything sinister - I mean how many black cats are there in her neighbourhood, but think anyone who followed her posts knows where she lives - in fact one reply actually suggested checking a location behind her house - a real give away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've noticed that as well. Odd. Certainly those Daily Mail pics of her going on holiday or with her new "fella" were a bit creepy and stalkerish as they were obviously outside her house and even identified what car she drives. Almost a bit odd that her cat went missing, can't imagine it was anything sinister - I mean how many black cats are there in her neighbourhood, but think anyone who followed her posts knows where she lives - in fact one reply actually suggested checking a location behind her house - a real give away.
    It wouldn' t surprise me if she had one. News readers seem to attract more than their fair share of stalkers, I remember Emily Maitliss's stalker got sectioned indefinitely. Also your right about how easy it is to find where people live using the paper stories, street view, google, social media etc and just putting it together. Even Susanna tweeted about how many doors away she lives from the school on her street when she mentioned that she lets her kids walk to school. She must have been still half asleep.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed that as well. Odd. Certainly those Daily Mail pics of her going on holiday or with her new "fella" were a bit creepy and stalkerish as they were obviously outside her house and even identified what car she drives.
    Is it at all possible that she had tipped them off? Any photo op is an opportunity for a mention for GMB, so all good publicity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could imagine Emily Maitlis presenting an ITV Breakfast show.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Adrain Chiles parting company with ITV after his term on Daybreak and ITV football, It seems ITV will not tolerate under performance, so Susanna next?
  • Options
    BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one annoyed that they have moved the local news headline slot from just before the half hour, to just after the hour? When I have a 7am start at work, I get up after 6am, so would miss it then and also at 7.05.....having it at 6.28 was very handy!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Could you really? I couldn't, Would Emily even be clever enough for you? She might be 'not all there' like Laura :D
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Really?

Talk about a square peg in a round hole.

Far too intelligent for GMB.

That really would kill her career, and GMB, for good.
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one annoyed that they have moved the local news headline slot from just before the half hour, to just after the hour? When I have a 7am start at work, I get up after 6am, so would miss it then and also at 7.05.....having it at 6.28 was very handy!!

If you want the local news headlines at 6.28

try Breakfast on BBC1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want the local news headlines at 6.28

try Breakfast on BBC1

If you want any local news, it's BBC Breakfast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone who didn't see it, Charlotte's send off on her maternity leave - they made quite a fuss of her which I think shows that she is well thought of.

http://youtu.be/2uQnNZMEdaM

So if Sean's reporting from Australia then it must be down to Ben, Susanna with John, Kate and Ranvir as supplementary presenters.

Be interesting to see if there are any changes in the viewing figures whilst she's away and also how she'll fit back into the show when she returns - if her role is anything like it has been since the Christmas rejig.

Sounds like she maybe back around July if she is going to take six months off
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing that promo for GMB just now, with Susanna and Kate - can't just those two present? It took me back to when Adrian and Christine left, then we had trailers with Kate and Dan - my favourite lineup.

Kate is the best. They shouldn't have let Dan go.
  • Options
    conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing that promo for GMB just now, with Susanna and Kate - can't just those two present? It took me back to when Adrian and Christine left, then we had trailers with Kate and Dan - my favourite lineup.

Oh yes, totally agree :)
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Kate has survived all the changes she either knows something or ITV know she is a good presenter who is too good to lose
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps Kate knows where all the bodies are buried...
  • Options
    Melrose PlaceMelrose Place Posts: 184
    Forum Member

That's Lorraine...
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She and John must do as they are the only presenters who are from the GMTV era
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Without wanting to sound sexist, it's odd having Kate presenting with susannah, with john sidelined to reading the news. He should be presenting. I'm surprised they keep doing this all female line up