The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    ITV Media also reports that Love Island had a 10% share in its 16-34 target demographic last night, which won't do its renewal chances any harm.

https://twitter.com/itvmedia/status/616181997246005248
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will still be 31 degrees in Peterborough at 7pm. Emmerdale to have about 5 viewers then.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640354
    tell me about it.
    Dancc wrote: »
    Channel 5 has ordered a supersized third series of GPs Behind Closed Doors (FIFTY hour long episodes) filmed over 35 weeks.

Series 1 averaged 1.3m consolidated and series 2 managed 1.4m. Expected to continue to air in an 8pm slot.

Source: Broadcast.
    wow, is this going to be over 4 series? was an accident made when they put the order in?
    fugitive wrote: »
    Solid? Theres only 2 solid ratings there. :)

Why is EE so high on a hot Summers day? i wanted to post on here about it being sub 4mil . Can everyone please go out on Thursday evening. :D
    yes how dare people watch and enjoy EastEnders, we cant possibly have that.

A UK version of Lip Sync would be a good move as far as coperate synergy goes, I understand its a show based on a segment from one of the big chat shows, something the show does not have here.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    A post that you will of course forget if they do rate low. It'll be all major crisis, maybe they need to lose an episode, maybe they should move to day times etc etc as per usual.

Of course if nobody is going to watch Emmerdale tonight, who is going to watch The One Show?
    It will be down across the board, the weather is excellent across most of the country, same as the soaps get their biggest rating in the coldest parts of the year.
    However, one very hot day, again just as hot as today, managed to buck the trend 25 years ago and probably the barbies were put on hold for two hours. On July 4th England played Germany in the semi final of the World Cup and attracted a peak of 30 million viewers, possibly more if you count pubs and social clubs. This is one big rating, a real monster, but it was a particularly special occasion.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Hottest day of the year where I live, 28 degrees and dry. I can't see much rating well tonight, the two ITV soaps could be low, and I can see people at the local Spar stocking up on beer and wine.
    25oc here now.
    Reached 30 earlier on today. I think it's still very humid in London and other parts too.
    On the flip side parts of the country have flash flooding and thunder storms.

It's a supposed to be cooler tomorrow for many parts but heat back up on Friday.
    fugitive wrote: »
    Solid? Theres only 2 solid ratings there. :)

Why is EE so high on a hot Summers day? i wanted to post on here about it being sub 4mil . Can everyone please go out on Thursday evening. :D
    Some people's Lives would be made happier by winning the Lottery or going on Holiday but yours is if a soap you don't watch rates low during the hottest couple of days since 2006.

I am glad have my life :)
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still Open All Hours has been recommissioned. Presumably decided quite a few weeks ago.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Chuckle-Brothers-Swansea/story-26728178-detail/story.html
  • Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Excellent for Love Island last night. 655k including +1 - a series high I believe. It does seem to have found a bit of momentum now after a relatively slow start.

I can see things been low across the board tonight. Emmerdale around 4.5m and Corrie around 5.5m I reckon.
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    Still Open All Hours has been recommissioned. Presumably decided quite a few weeks ago.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Chuckle-Brothers-Swansea/story-26728178-detail/story.html

Is the South Wales Evening Post the only paper to know about the recommission because I dont remember it being reported elsewhere. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pub had a barbecue tonight, but moved it inside due to heavy rain after 6.00. I'd still think ratings will be very low as the rain seems to start and stop and in the North we appreciate hot weather more after a bad June.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    Is the South Wales Evening Post the only paper to know about the recommission because I dont remember it being reported elsewhere. :D
    It's what happens when you secure the big showbiz interviews. :D
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @Mike_Large
    #itv took the top four slots last night - @itvcorrie had 6.3m; @emmerdale was second (5.3m); Long Lost Family (3.8m) and then The Cube (3m).
    9:39am - 2 Jul 15
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    @Mike_Large
    #itv took the top four slots last night - @itvcorrie had 6.3m; @emmerdale was second (5.3m); Long Lost Family (3.8m) and then The Cube (3m).
    9:39am - 2 Jul 15

Lloks like people were bored by the hot weather by last night then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent for Love Island last night. 655k including +1 - a series high I believe. It does seem to have found a bit of momentum now after a relatively slow start.

I can see things been low across the board tonight. Emmerdale around 4.5m and Corrie around 5.5m I reckon.
    Well I don't know if west Cumbria is true of the rest of the country, but heavy rain and oppressive humidity must have driven people indoors after 7, then we had a huge thunderstorm after 10. If the rest of the North has had this sort of weather, and the two ITV soaps do best up here, then add on half a million to your total.
    I think the original Love Island's problem, and why it got cancelled, was it was the right demo( mostly young women and teens), but the wrong channel( ITV 1, which skews female, but more middle aged) and it was shown against BB at times. People expecting some light drama or easy going entertainment were bombarded with whining celebs doing nothing for nights on end.
    However, with hindsight, this show would have been ideal for ITV 2, and could have run for a good few series as there seemed to be 2 million people who enjoyed it and the demos were right. This series, although down on the ITV1 version, is proving people right.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    Don't Tell the Bride: 2.63m (15.1%)
    Wimbledon 2Day: 1.30m (6.9%)
    24 Hours in A&E: 1.50m (7.9%)
    Big Brother: 1.16m (7.5%)
    Love Island: 0.50m (2.6%)
    Strike Back: 0.29m (1.5%)
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    From DS report: England women's late-night WC semi-final broadcast averaged 1.74m (33.6%).
    Forum Member
    From the RPG thread:
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    I stopped by to do an update - Neither 90 Cats and Counting: Cat Crazies nor Kids in Crisis has been reported on the DS update. :(

Dancc, can the Broadcast app assist with these?
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    Lloks like people were bored by the hot weather by last night then.

That wasn't just hot weather yesterday, it was bloody horrible hot weather! You couldnt sit outside it was too unbearable. We all love nice, pleasant summer days, but yesterday wasn't one. Mind you, looks like Don't Tell The Bride was unbearable too!
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    That wasn't just hot weather yesterday, it was bloody horrible hot weather! You couldnt sit outside it was too unbearable. We all love nice, pleasant summer days, but yesterday wasn't one. Mind you, looks like Don't Tell The Bride was unbearable too!

I thought it was lovely outside yesterday. It was more unbearable indoors IMO.
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    I thought it was lovely outside yesterday. It was more unbearable indoors IMO.

It was equally as bad outdoors as it was indoors where I live. I have never known humidity like it! I am pleased it has gone and that the few relatively hot days over the next week are not going to emulate it. It was 35 degrees in the shade in Berkshire yesterday. At 9.30pm it had dropped to a low 29 degrees and without any breeze whatsoever! I am not a fan of the summer.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did the Interceptor get I never watched it last night but recorded as I was out on a rib
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    What did the Interceptor get I never watched it last night but recorded as I was out on a rib

2.45m (13%) for The Interceptor

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a656121/uk-tv-ratings-englands-world-cup-exit-seen-by-17m-on-bbc-one.html#~phhC7ntIWim5IY
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was equally as bad outdoors as it was indoors where I live. I have never known humidity like it! I am pleased it has gone and that the few relatively hot days over the next week are not going to emulate it. It was 35 degrees in the shade in Berkshire yesterday. At 9.30pm it had dropped to a low 29 degrees and without any breeze whatsoever! I am not a fan of the summer.

Insane yesterday. The only other place I've ever been like it is Bali - Oppressive, overwhelming moist heat that made you want to hug an air-con unit and chew ice-cubes.
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »

EDIT: beaten to it.

I haven't seen a peak for the football yet. Due to the late hour, it might have peaked early.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Well I don't know if west Cumbria is true of the rest of the country, but heavy rain and oppressive humidity must have driven people indoors after 7, then we had a huge thunderstorm after 10. If the rest of the North has had this sort of weather, and the two ITV soaps do best up here, then add on half a million to your total.
    I think the original Love Island's problem, and why it got cancelled, was it was the right demo( mostly young women and teens), but the wrong channel( ITV 1, which skews female, but more middle aged) and it was shown against BB at times. People expecting some light drama or easy going entertainment were bombarded with whining celebs doing nothing for nights on end.
    However, with hindsight, this show would have been ideal for ITV 2, and could have run for a good few series as there seemed to be 2 million people who enjoyed it and the demos were right. This series, although down on the ITV1 version, is proving people right.
    From what i gather going by the BBC news(Twitter too) The North of England and Scotland has Thunder,Hail and heavy rain. At 10 last night #Lightning was trending on Twitter.
    The South East and other parts were still very warm and dry. Here in the South West it was humid but we had Gail Force winds Yesterday evening into This morning. Little rain and no Thunder yet. The latest forecast has more storms today in the North while the South remains fairly dry.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Had to be indoors by 9.30 where I was on the Greater Manchester/Cheshire border because a thunderstorm was raging heh
  • dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eastenders has recorded an overnight monthly average of 5.85m (31.5%), which is up 400k year-on-year. The month's highest rating was on Monday 1st with 6.72m (30.9%), whilst the lowest of the month came in at 4.9m (24.2%) during an Emmerdale clash on Tuesday 2nd. June 2015 has featured one Emmerdale clash whereas last June saw a variety of Corrie, Emmerdale and World Cup clashes with Eastenders finding itself in all sorts of slots. Year-on-year comparions on this occasion are not really very useful.

Jan - 7.26m (32.1%)
    Feb - 8.11m (35.9%)
    Mar - 6.51m (30.8%)
    Apr - 6.13m (31.4%)
    May - 5.85m (29.4%)
    Jun - 5.85m (31.5%)

Jan - 7.33m (31.8%)
    Feb - 7.26m (31.8%)
    Mar - 6.84m (31.4%)
    Apr - 6.97m (33.3%)
    May - 6.52m (31.9%)
    Jun - 5.45m (28.1%)