Options

Bottom - Richie and Eddie (appreciation thread)

Comments

• Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    Love this show.

Never gets boring watching these, could watch them all day. As for a new series, I hope they dont. They should maybe do a special where they talk about how they made the episodes, or the writing process, but as for a new series? No thanks.

The live shows were amazing, went to one in Empire for Weapons grade Y fronts. Absolutly fantastic. Full of energy, enthusiasm and smut. Could not ask for anything more.

Anyone watc Filthy Rich and Catflap? That was the bridge between Young Ones and Bottom. Some funny moments, but some very strange ones too.
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1317003&page=7
  • Options
    Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "We don't use gas...do we Eddie?"

"I don't even know what it is mate, WHAT IS GAS!!??"
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only discovered this relatively 'late' on Gold but love it. Total barmfest! Bottom my ar$e!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is on GOLD tonight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I saw Rik Mayall at a road services once - you couldn't miss him. He was wearing a large cowboy hat and fur coat even though it was summer and hot, and stuffed an entire burger into his mouth as he walked out of the main entrance:confused::D

I'm just trying to imagine him doing that lol
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    I saw Rik Mayall at a road services once - you couldn't miss him. He was wearing a large cowboy hat and fur coat even though it was summer and hot, and stuffed an entire burger into his mouth as he walked out of the main entrance:confused::D

That was Vyvyan!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's something I didn't know :)

Still, he covered for it well !. Definitely one of my favourite episodes that one as well. His facial expressions were priceless as the various items of clothes were thrown at him as Natasha was stripping off off-screen.

I loved the episode when Eddie had been to the video shop ..

And depite eventually realising the videos were for kids, they continued to watch - thinking it might spice up once the rabbit appeared on screen! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pob-Bundy wrote: »
    "We don't use gas...do we Eddie?"

"I don't even know what it is mate, WHAT IS GAS!!??"

'I'm just going to put the kettle on...the floor'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'I'm just going to put the kettle on...the floor'

Put the kettle on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We still call the living room, 'the colouring in room' in our house!

Just noticed you used the word "living" room. That's what we used to call it as well - not sure why because you live in every room in the house. :confused: But we never used the terms drawing room or lounge. Both sound equally posh to me. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We say living room too
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just noticed you used the word "living" room. That's what we used to call it as well - not sure why because you live in every room in the house. :confused: But we never used the terms drawing room or lounge. Both sound equally posh to me. :)
    We say living room too

Our family called it that, too. It's called that, I suppose, because it's the room you do most of your ordinary living in, when you're in the house, at least if you're the man and lady of the house-I spent more time in my own room, out of choice, as a child. Living room or front room sound more modern; whereas lounge and drawing room both have quaint connotations, as has parlour/front parlour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our family called it that, too. It's called that, I suppose, because it's the room you do most of your ordinary living in, when you're in the house, at least if you're the man and lady of the house-I spent more time in my own room, out of choice, as a child. Living room or front room sound more modern; whereas lounge and drawing room both have quaint connotations, as has parlour/front parlour.

Thanks for clearing that up. I always thought it was a class thing along with the use of the word parlour. Never heard many people using the phrase living room or front room before but it sounds as though they're more common terms than I thought they were..
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    pity Mr Harrison was only in 2 episodes,particularly liked him in S'Up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We say living room too

Everyone uses the living room.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would have loved a fourth series but a spin-off will do. FINALLY it's back!
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know Ade said he'd "grown up" but someone being slapped around the head with a frying pan never gets old.

So glad he decided to giveit another go!
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    someone being slapped around the head with a frying pan never gets old.

No, they obviously don't get old, at least psychologically, for relying constantly on such humour indicates a chronic failure to attain maturity-unless one counts premature senility that may result from such activity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrubber wrote: »
    Would have loved a fourth series but a spin-off will do. FINALLY it's back!

Well they was going to do one as they even said it at the end of the 3rd series but Rik went on record by saying "there wont be a 4th series because the script was rejected by some Lesbian b**ch".

Make of that what you will but yes finally after all this time its back on.
  • Options
    Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »

Saw that after I posted :o

Bottom spin off? Dont think it will be a patch on Bottom, but looking forward to it all the same. Just hope its not Bottom at 60.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw that after I posted :o

Bottom spin off? Dont think it will be a patch on Bottom, but looking forward to it all the same. Just hope its not Bottom at 60.

If Rik & Ade are writing it then it should be good.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I'll miss the flat but I'll take Hooligans Island!

I wonder if Dave Hedgehog and Spudgun will make an appearance?