Options

Spooks failed!! Foxsat HDR

2»

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As expected, Schedule updated and failed recording in the media list.

Workaround

1 Set each one as one off event and manually edit the start and end times to add padding (disables AR).

or

2 Enable auto padding which lets series record continue but disables AR but affects all recordings.

Thirdly compose a snotty e-mail to ITV telling them to stop B******ing about with the event id's. :D

I don't watch Midsomer just set the recording to find out what's going on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch it either :)
    Anyway Meridian recording "Failed - Reason Unknown" but the manual recording on my Mother's one worked ok so she is happy.

Cut in half Frost episodes also used to fail a lot so perhaps they had the same kind of ITV data error.

Automan.
    As expected, Schedule updated and failed recording in the media list.

Workaround

1 Set each one as one off event and manually edit the start and end times to add padding (disables AR).

or

2 Enable auto padding which lets series record continue but disables AR but affects all recordings.

Thirdly compose a snotty e-mail to ITV telling them to stop B******ing about with the event id's. :D

I don't watch Midsomer just set the recording to find out what's going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's epsisode of Midsomer Murders failed as usual...

I had a Current Cost IAM (Individual Appliance Monitor) on the box and was graphing the energy consumption on a PC using some graph software via a ENVI display unit.

In standby the IAM showed the box using 8 watts (they are not very accurate, figure should be 1 or less) then at 15:45 this went up to 40 watts until 17:45 when it returned to 8 watts.

Later of course when I checked the box I got the usual "Failed, Unknown Reason" and wasted some more electricity...

Automan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Automan wrote: »
    Yesterday's epsisode of Midsomer Murders failed as usual...

I had a Current Cost IAM (Individual Appliance Monitor) on the box and was graphing the energy consumption on a PC using some graph software via a ENVI display unit.

In standby the IAM showed the box using 8 watts (they are not very accurate, figure should be 1 or less) then at 15:45 this went up to 40 watts until 17:45 when it returned to 8 watts.

Later of course when I checked the box I got the usual "Failed, Unknown Reason" and wasted some more electricity...

Automan.

The reason your consumption meter is inaccurate is mainly because they no concept of power factor only using a current measurement and voltage measurement (if you are lucky)

The box is powered and waiting for a event change that never arrives. Send ITV the bill :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason your consumption meter is inaccurate is mainly because they no concept of power factor only using a current measurement and voltage measurement (if you are lucky)

The box is powered and waiting for a event change that never arrives. Send ITV the bill :D

Indeed, Current Cost say the next generation "IAM" will also measure power factor.

Why they did not include it in the first version I will never know...

When my Panasonic 46" Plasma is switched off a IAM reports it is using over 25 watts :)

Automan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Automan wrote: »
    Indeed, Current Cost say the next generation "IAM" will also measure power factor.

Why they did not include it in the first version I will never know...

When my Panasonic 46" Plasma is switched off a IAM reports it is using over 25 watts :)

Automan.

It's not easy to measure the phase angle between voltage and current. Even the fancy ones that the power companies provide only have a clip on Ammeter. However given enough patience and an accurate stopwatch you can time the revolutions of your meter disc to get a very accurate reading of power.
  • Options
    MOBMOB Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Midsomer Murders failed for me today, the first time since my last post. Fortunately we were there so a few seconds into the programme I pressed 'record'. Went off to prepare the veg for dinner & returned to watch it from hd. There was 41 seconds of MMs, called David Dickinsons Real Deal. I told you the box was out to get me!!!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not easy to measure the phase angle between voltage and current. Even the fancy ones that the power companies provide only have a clip on Ammeter. However given enough patience and an accurate stopwatch you can time the revolutions of your meter disc to get a very accurate reading of power.

True, but these are plug-in modules moulded into a 13amp plug and thus volts, amps and power factor of attached load should be easy.

http://www.currentcost.com/product-iams.html

But all they have done is as you say put a clamp amp meter in a plastic box.

I would be interested to know if the ones EDF offer with their Eco Manager are any better?

I have some of these
    http://www.efergy.com/Products/efergy-Shop-Energy-Monitors/EFERGY/Energy-Monitoring-Socket/pid-184327.aspx

And they can read the load of a device to within a fraction of a watt.

Automan.