Options

whats the best tv for foxsat+

Hi all , very happy with my humax so I have decided to invest in a good hd tv. I see there seems to be mentions about "hand shaking" problems. Is there any tv sets to avoid
bow.

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might be easier to ask which sets don't have problems as well. Kicking it off no problems with Sony W series bravias
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Panasonic is OK too.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    panasonic plasma isbrilliant with my humax
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    LG "Scarlet" 42" LCD, no problems

Mike
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    We're looking at the Samsung - LE37C530 37" LCD TV, any body got any comments on this TV?

Thanks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PQ is very good on my Toshiba! much better than any Samsung that I have seen!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a Toshiba RV635 37" which is superb. Picture Quality is superb on all inputs.
  • Options
    4u-snapper4u-snapper Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    40 inch Samsung 6 series can't be beaten - in my opinion. Excellent range of adjustments for the enthusiast.
    Standard definition is excellent and HD is brilliant despite the Beeb downgrading their decoder a year ago.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't pay too much attention to anyone here, pretty much everyone is biased towards whatever they've bought, whether it's good or not. Also, for most people (myself included), most TVs these days all look amazing, and can barely tell the difference between them.

Read reviews, go look in your local store to view them in the flesh. Your main decision should be LCD, LED, or Plasma.

I've always been a Samsung man, but I just bought a 42" Panasonic Plasma, because I like deep blacks, heard good things about it, and it was in my budget, but I'm not saying it's the best in the world and you should buy it. If you want a good looking telly (ie. ridiculously slim) go for an LED one. If you want a bigger telly with comparatively more features for the price, go for plasma.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys, given me something to look at.
    I have been pondering one of these sets that give you a recording facility via a usb port. ( just for those times when we get a clash on the foxsat), any feed back on these sets please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bowboy wrote: »
    Thanks guys, given me something to look at.
    I have been pondering one of these sets that give you a recording facility via a usb port. ( just for those times when we get a clash on the foxsat), any feed back on these sets please.

To record from a TV you have to be watching what you are recording.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree graham this is for those times when I am going out and there is a 3rd prog I want to record.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bowboy wrote: »
    I agree graham this is for those times when I am going out and there is a 3rd prog I want to record.

A second hdr is the answer :D
  • Options
    victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a 42" Panasonic Plasma with Freesat and a 32" LG LCD with Freesat. Both give good picture quality on Freesat but the Panasonic is definitely better, but then it should be at three times the price.

Generally speaking I think the old adage of "you get what you pay for" is a good guide though I accept every now and then an absolute cheap gem does appear.

Having looked at several models, both LCD and plasma demo's and at friends/family homes I definitely prefer the picture quality of plasma especially for sport.

My Humax HDR is superb through my Panasonic. Over time I have also had connected to it a Mac Mini, Apple TV, Wii, Sky HD and a Panasonic HDD/DVD recorder all of which have looked superb.

Connected to the LG currently is the Mac Mini, Wii and a Humax 9300T, also had a Sky HD box a while back. Picture quality is/was good for all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A second hdr is the answer :D

An expensive way to record the odd prog now and then.

I was looking at a tv with its own freesat or freeview tuner that will record onto a memory stick. ( I dont watch a lot of tele but it all comes at the same time.) this seems to be a cheaper option.