Man finds thieves raiding his home...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
Forum Member
✭✭✭
... so he steals their getaway van and they're so shocked that they end up leaving with nothing. :D

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008743662_breakin14m.html

Police reaction: "You stole their car — way to go, dude. That's awesome."

Comments

• skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    My mate lives there and if that was him he'd have splattered them with his pump action shotgun.They got off lightly :)
  • mootpointmootpoint Posts: 1,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kws wrote: »

probable police reaction uk: arrested, charged with twoc and fined, including victim surcharge
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mootpoint wrote: »
    probable police reaction uk: arrested, charged with twoc and fined, including victim surcharge

But you have to realise that the Can't Prosecute Service have so many problems charging real offenders in this country that a guy like this would be a dream come true! Sadly.

I love the reaction from the American cops and the homeowner's initiative!!!! Bet he got a round of applause too!
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there is one thing I envy about the US is how they deal with criminals and their victims better than the UK. If that happened here, the victim would get as much questions about what he may have done or didn't do to the criminals than the crime itself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wiz Net wrote: »
    But you have to realise that the Can't Prosecute Service have so many problems charging real offenders in this country that a guy like this would be a dream come true! Sadly.

I love the reaction from the American cops and the homeowner's initiative!!!! Bet he got a round of applause too!

I like that!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always call CPS Criminal Protection Service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... so he steals their getaway van and they're so shocked that they end up leaving with nothing. :D

I love that, you'd never get that from the police here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. In the UK, he'd be done for that.
  • Havelock VetinariHavelock Vetinari Posts: 13,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many moon ago when I was running a games shop and the Americans had lots of bases in the UK I got told a story. A guy broke into a friends house and the guy was upstairs as the intruder was leaving. he shouted stop or I'll shoot. The guy kept moving he warned him again. He kept going. So he shot him in the head.
    With a hunting rifle. And got away with it. Over here you'd get life for that. Our criminal system sucks. The victim gets treated worse than the actual scumbags who commit the crimes. It's about time the system got overhauled, especially for intruders, we should be allowed to use as much force to protect our house as WE deem fit.
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Well I disagree that you should be allowed to kill someone who is leaving your house, whether they have stolen or not.
  • GoodMikeyGoodMikey Posts: 2,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many moon ago when I was running a games shop and the Americans had lots of bases in the UK I got told a story. A guy broke into a friends house and the guy was upstairs as the intruder was leaving. he shouted stop or I'll shoot. The guy kept moving he warned him again. He kept going. So he shot him in the head.
    With a hunting rifle. And got away with it. Over here you'd get life for that. Our criminal system sucks. The victim gets treated worse than the actual scumbags who commit the crimes. It's about time the system got overhauled, especially for intruders, we should be allowed to use as much force to protect our house as WE deem fit.

why in the head? Surely a shot to the leg would of stopped him moving...
  • Temp1Temp1 Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoodMikey wrote: »
    why in the head? Surely a shot to the leg would of stopped him moving...
    A shot to the head stopped him moving permanently.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Against the 911 dispatcher's advice, Rosario announced he was going to take it. What jury in the world was going to convict him, he thought?
    um... a UK one?:rolleyes:
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member

Nice to know that gullibility is alive and well. In America you can only use a gun if your life is in immediate danger. You cannot simply shoot someone who is leaving your home.
  • Havelock VetinariHavelock Vetinari Posts: 13,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A shot to the head stopped him moving permanently.

It certainly did. That's what we should be allowed to do to people who break into our homes.
    Criminals should IMO lose all their "human" rights once they illegally cross a persons threshold. After that they should be fair game. And hunted as such.
  • SuperwombleSuperwomble Posts: 4,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    Nice to know that gullibility is alive and well. In America you can only use a gun if your life is in immediate danger. You cannot simply shoot someone who is leaving your home.

Actually I heard this story as well, albeit a slightly differing version, which may change the legality. It goes like this.

A guy woke up in the middle of the night to noises coming from downstairs. He picks up his gun and goes downstairs to confront a robber in his living room.

He tells the robber to stand still and put his hands up which he does. The man then goes towards the telephone, picks it up and starts dialling the police.
    As he is halfway through dialling, the robber becomes threatening. He tells the guy "If you call the police, I will get put away. But I will be out again in time, and I will come and kill both you and your family on a dark night to make you all pay for putting me away".

The man puts down the phone and shoots the robber and kills him.

He then calls police and tells them what has happened. After an investigation by police it is subsequently found that the robber had indeed used extreme violence in past cases, and the charges against the man were dropped.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Actually I heard this story as well, albeit a slightly differing version, which may change the legality. It goes like this.

A guy woke up in the middle of the night to noises coming from downstairs. He picks up his gun and goes downstairs to confront a robber in his living room.

He tells the robber to stand still and put his hands up which he does. The man then goes towards the telephone, picks it up and starts dialling the police.
    As he is halfway through dialling, the robber becomes threatening. He tells the guy "If you call the police, I will get put away. But I will be out again in time, and I will come and kill both you and your family on a dark night to make you all pay for putting me away".

The man puts down the phone and shoots the robber and kills him.

He then calls police and tells them what has happened. After an investigation by police it is subsequently found that the robber had indeed used extreme violence in past cases, and the charges against the man were dropped.

That i can believe. The other scenario was just ridiculous.
  • John RobinsonJohn Robinson Posts: 2,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed.

It seems that the criminal has more rights than the victim in Broken Britain. Perhaps that's why we are the crime capital of Western Europe.

Perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel though: it is said that it has long been the case that whatever happens in America happens over here some years later. I do hope so.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good job for him it wasn't here, otherwise he'd have been charged with stealing their van. He'd have been thrown into a cell overnight, no doubt.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member

What twit(with an 'a') of a government thought up the CPS then?
  • Flyboy152Flyboy152 Posts: 14,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hathor wrote: »
    Yep. In the UK, he'd be done for that.

No he wouldn't. He may get a telling off for driving the vehicle without insurance, but if he didn't cause any other damage, I doubt he would have been charged with anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With a hunting rifle. And got away with it. Over here you'd get life for that. Our criminal system sucks. The victim gets treated worse than the actual scumbags who commit the crimes. It's about time the system got overhauled, especially for intruders, we should be allowed to use as much force to protect our house as WE deem fit.[/QUOTE]

And so he should. Because it would have been murder. If you shoot someone and kill them, that is usually considered to be murder, what else would you expect? Apart from the nonsense you read in the Daily Mail, how are victims treated worse than criminals then (and I don't mean all those silly scare stories you read in the so-called newspapers)?

How much force would YOU seem fit then? Shooting a burglar in the back, as he was running away from you, perhaps?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackol wrote: »

Hmm, unfortunatley, in states such as Texas and Florida, you can.
  • Dave May CryDave May Cry Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I found an aggressive burglar in my house, Id whack him in the dick with something heavy & then call the police. It wouldnt kill him but would definitely slow him down.

Does anyone know if that would lead to me being arrested here? It doesnt seem that unreasonable to me. Especially if he was threatening me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good one, at least no violence was used and I bet they felt silly:D