shouldn't sellers be advising of Internet required to play games?

Comments

• ArchiexArchiex Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Nicely taken off topic guys :)
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    Don't start this again we all know where It ends, even the die hardest Xbox fans will admit that Uncharted series is unmatched on console this generation..

Cutting down PS4 ? You know yourself such thing would mean a delay, heck that is why PS3 delayed and delayed for the same reason. If Sony planed to have the console out by November there is no way they changing any SPECS on the machine.

There was so many factors in cutting down the PS3 from what was original was, and you acting as it was purposely done by Sony.

What ever mistakes they did they went on to outsell a console that was released year ahead with price tag of $599 and £425. Even with the hard develop platform, no one can deny that is achievement.

However It is Microsoft who demoed from what we know 2 games on Nvidia hardware Dead rising being one of them. It's MS who's not finalised the SPECS of the GPU and reportedly having to downclock it 0.9 Teraflops.

Again you speak like what you say is a fact. Uncharted didn't impress me not nearly as much as the games I mentioned. That may not be true for you but it isn't for everyone.

I don't care how or why they downscaled the PS3 hardware, the fact is they done it. Promising 1080p60 games outputting on two screens etc, so many cancelled games.. It was ridiculous. My point is, look at that before pointing the finger, look at how Sony's PR operates and how at PS3 unveiling suckered everybody (from game fans to jounalists and developers alike) and we have the same situation going on right now.

Rumors on down-clocking and nothing is confirmed, it's all a load of rubbish and the games you see at E3 will be what we play and that's what matters. I'm not even talking about this like power is important, it's just about honesty. I don't care if PS4 is more powerful, I don't doubt it is.
    Forum Member
    Comedykev wrote: »
    2Dshmuplover, do you work for Microsoft? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Anyway what about your comment "An online enabled phone is all you need." do you think everyone has tethering? or should they also change their phone plan?

I don't know because I don't own a smartphone and I'm not sure how it works. Enlighten us.

BTW you don't have to do anything you don't want. If you don't meet the requirements for the X1 (and I've not met a single person yet out of even the most vocal of complainers) then avoid the console for obvious reasons.
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how anyone with eyes can say the likes of Uncharted 2 and God Of War III aren't the best looking games this gen, but whatever, because you also disagree that Killzone 2 looked as good as the demo...

E3 2005 vs. Final Build Comparison - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CxMmXmb0QI

Killzone 2 Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roc27ujMycs

LOL! :D

And yet Halo 4 utterly decimates both. The graphics on that game blew me away, not only on a visual level but the game actually has great AI, something Naughty Dog, Polyphony and others compromise to get the "great visuals". It's way more impressive than GOW3/UC series. Have you played it?
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And yet Halo 4 utterly decimates both. The graphics on that game blew me away

Really? :eek:
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Really? :eek:

Yep really. I had to edit some extra info there into my post to help explain why but yes absolutely.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And yet Halo 4 utterly decimates both. The graphics on that game blew me away, not only on a graphical level but the game actually has great AI, something Naughty Dog, Polyphony and others compromise to get the "great visuals". It's way more impressive than GOW3/UC series. Have you played it?

You MUST be joking :eek:

Halo still has the same drab, rectangular, grey and brown colour scheme as it had in the first game. Hardly any detail in the textures. In what parallel universe does it even come close to UC2 or GOWIII?!

FYI I have played it, far more than I want to. One of my good friends is a total Halo obsessive and is always putting on Halo nights that we begrudgingly are dragged along to. Just a very poor FPS by today's standards, I can't believe it has maintained such a large following over all these years.
    Forum Member
    You MUST be joking :eek:

Halo still has the same drab, rectangular, grey and brown colour scheme as it had in the first game. Hardly any detail in the textures. In what parallel universe does it even come close to UC2 or GOWIII?!

FYI I have played it, far more than I want to. One of my good friends is a total Halo obsessive and is always putting on Halo nights that we begrudgingly are dragged along to. Just a very poor FPS by today's standards, I can't believe it has maintained such a large following over all these years.

So let's look at this, people are acting like what I'm saying is ridiculous but what you are now implying is unreasonable. I would never say GOW3, Killzone 2/3 or Uncharted series have anything other than fantastic graphics, but now Halo 4 is suddenly awful and not even in the same universe as UC2 or GOW3. Hmm

I'm just telling you how I've felt thought playing all of these games and on a technical level Halo 4 is yet to be beat this gen imho. This is the problem with Sony fans, they only seem to care about what has the best graphics, no doubt your wish will be granted for next-gen too, never mind the gameplay eh?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So let's look at this, people are acting like what I'm saying is ridiculous but what you are now implying is unreasonable. I would never say GOW3, Killzone 2/3 or Uncharted series have anything other than fantastic graphics, but now Halo 4 is suddenly awful and not even in the same universe as UC2 or GOW3. Hmm

I'm just telling you how I've felt thought playing all of these games and on a technical level Halo 4 is yet to be beat this gen imho. This is the problem with Sony fans, they only seem to care about what has the best graphics, no doubt your wish will be granted for next-gen too, never mind the gameplay eh?

Not at all, I don't think Halo is anything special on a gameplay level at all, whilst I loved the gameplay in the Uncharted and God of War games.

To me, if GOWIII graphics are a 10/10 (based on today's standards), then Halo 4 is about a 6 or a 7. It's not even the best looking 360 exclusive, no idea why you think it looks better than Gears of War series or Forza, both of which push the 360 far more.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surely it's the games themselves that must carry the disclaimer?

the 24 hour requirement is a hardware issue not a software one.
    Forum Member
    Not at all, I don't think Halo is anything special on a gameplay level at all, whilst I loved the gameplay in the Uncharted and God of War games.

To me, if GOWIII graphics are a 10/10 (based on today's standards), then Halo 4 is about a 6 or a 7. It's not even the best looking 360 exclusive, no idea why you think it looks better than Gears of War series or Forza, both of which push the 360 far more.

Halo has some of the best AI seen in a single player shooter, a near-perfect balance of weaponry, some of the tightest controls, sand-box environments that lead to dynamic battles that take place on ground and in the air simultaneously. I don't even see how anyone that's played these games in-depth can say it's not anything special, UC is one of the most linear and AI braindead games out there, but it sure is pretty to look at yes.
    Forum Member
    It's a close-call between Forza 4, Alan Wake and Halo 4 since they all do different things so incredibly well but I think what 343i managed to do on a technical level was so impressive, beyond what people thought the 360 could even do. It chews up Gears of War 3 and spits it back out.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    And yet Halo 4 utterly decimates both. The graphics on that game blew me away, not only on a visual level but the game actually has great AI, something Naughty Dog, Polyphony and others compromise to get the "great visuals". It's way more impressive than GOW3/UC series. Have you played it?

I'm now question if you've played Uncharted,GOW, etc or even owning a PS3. I've heard some things but halo compared to GOW or uncharted :D:D:D

Have you just been a secrect wum for all these years because you can't be being serious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UC is one of the most linear and AI braindead games out there, but it sure is pretty to look at yes.

Is this really coming from the same guy who is excited about Dead Rising 3? You're a walking contradiction! :confused:
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care how or why they downscaled the PS3 hardware, the fact is they done it. Promising 1080p60 games outputting on two screens etc, so many cancelled games..

You are talking so much crap here.

You have no idea what goes on in dev circles. As a PS3 programmer from before launch of the console till the before the PS4 i can tell you as FACT that the PS4 specs have NOT dropped and sony has not been telling devs that they could do 1080p60 games on two screens.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a close-call between Forza 4, Alan Wake and Halo 4 since they all do different things so incredibly well but I think what 343i managed to do on a technical level was so impressive, beyond what people thought the 360 could even do. It chews up Gears of War 3 and spits it back out.

So its not biased that they are all 360 games is it that you reckon are the best?
  • DrowsyDreamerDrowsyDreamer Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    This guy is deluded.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, lets see how long it takes for the last four posts to get reported and deleted. :p
  • gothergother Posts: 14,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't bother arguing with 2d let him live in his fantasy world. I'm sure he works for Microsoft lol.
    Anyway back on topic. I think that there should be some kind of text explaining that the console needs a internet connection of some sort.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Lol, lets see how long it takes for the last four posts to get reported and deleted. :p

Dont forget banned
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont forget banned

why?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people are confusing art style with graphical tech.

Best graphics != looks the best.

It could be all coloured in shades of beige and still be the best game graphically.

On topic - the ASA now covers websites not just print media - http://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain/Online-Form/Step1.aspx

Get to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    why?:confused:

I dont really think you will get banned for your post, but posters are having posts removed, and some banned for using the F word. And thats not the four letter F word its the 6 letter one that also contains the letters anboy.

Back on topic, I wonder how Game and the likes will be with refunds. Surely there is some consumer law stating if you need a net connection it must be stated clearly.
    Forum Member
    Clearly some of you have problems with other people's opinions. Last time I checked I was allowed one, but no, obviously not here. I HAVE to think Uncharted is the most amazing looking game this gen or else:
      I'm deluded
      Work for Microsoft
      An extreme fanboy
      Living in a fantasy world
      Been living in a "secrect wum" for years

It goes on...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont really think you will get banned for your post, but posters are having posts removed, and some banned for using the F word. And thats not the four letter F word its the 6 letter one that also contains the letters anboy.

I didn't realise that word was so frowned upon. I just edited a recent post that would likely have been flagged. So, thanks for letting me know. ;)