Options

Law & Order SVU

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    Yeah, I dislike the moral highhorse we hate x, therefore people who do x turn out to be rapists route the show sometimes takes.

The Chicago PD cross over episode (S01E06) was much better, and for those that don't watch it it's worth doing so just as an episode of SVU, it's pretty much a self contained story.

Real shame they couldn't have had Munch around though, would have loved to see him add CPD to the list

I'll try that, I wasn't sure if I was going to watch that after this episode.

Yeah, I miss Munch, he's a legend - in fact I miss nearly all the Homicide-LOTS characters / actors, it's great when they guest or star in other shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shhftw wrote: »
    I'll try that, I wasn't sure if I was going to watch that after this episode.

Yeah, I miss Munch, he's a legend - in fact I miss nearly all the Homicide-LOTS characters / actors, it's great when they guest or star in other shows.

I just caught up :) Det. Falsone (Jon Seda) from H:LOTS plays Dawson :cool:
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just caught up :) Det. Falsone (Jon Seda) from H:LOTS plays Dawson :cool:

Thanks for that. I knew he already existed in the Baltimore universe I just couldn't remember as who
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Jimmy Savile was mentioned in the episode that was shown on Universal this week

That was almost surreal
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Jimmy Savile was mentioned in the episode that was shown on Universal this week

LOL in what context?
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,232
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    That was almost surreal
    LOL in what context?

It was a month or so back so the recent screening was a repeat.
    Was a reference to historic reporting of child abuse and they said in SVU as in the Saville case.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea the Captain was going, I love Donald. :(

So Liv in charge now!!
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    I had no idea the Captain was going, I love Donald. :(

So Liv in charge now!!

Sad to see him leave. Liv is a sergeant now so I'm not sure if she's in charge or if they will bring in another captain.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liv is becoming too big for her own boots and her relationship with Amaro has really suffered, so i reckon Liv may lose her position by the end of the season. The most recent episode saw a different side to Liv that really shocked me. Especially when she told a rape victim (whose rapist was found not guilty) to get over it and move on. Which isn't like her at all. Her attack early in the season has changed her, but by her becoming in charge may have added fuel to the fire of her mental state.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is Chris Meloni returning to SVU?
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see him back but haven't heard anything
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I'd like to see him back but haven't heard anything

There are strong rumours online that he is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris confirmed in an interview last month he is done with the show for good. Shame, as his character had a crappy exit, is never mentioned and a follow up is deserving for fans who followed his and Olivia's partnership for 12 years. Benson and Stabler for me were like the Mulder and Scully for the Police world.
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Was one of the weakest episodes I've ever seen, such a disappointment! (US pace S15E15) :cry:

Did you see The Soup this week, they were mocking this particular episode.

"No One seems to mind that SVU is forcefully penetrating two year old newspapers"

"we just covered an entire episode of that, and we worked harder than their own show did"
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last weeks episode on Universal was listed on the Sky epg as ep 20, tonight's is listed as ep 23?? Presumably a mistake?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Last weeks episode on Universal was listed on the Sky epg as ep 20, tonight's is listed as ep 23?? Presumably a mistake?

It must be as episode 23 hasn't even aired in the states yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »

Yes. It's a mistake. It is episode 21 entitled Post-Mortem Blues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Double post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit disappointed the direction the series is taking.
    The new CO is not really very believable. Everything he does in Ep23 he seems to be riling his own subordinates while demonstrating that the job is having an adverse effect on him.

Amaro can't have a future after the events in Ep23 either, so I get the feeling that dragging Munch back next week for the finale is a desperate attempt to boost a show that is suffering from poor writing and bad choices with character development. And we had Wong back too this week.

Bringing the Lewis character back the other week was also a little bit weak as he was bad to the bone before, the other week he was just bad.

Rollins also has little credibility after the gambling and drinking.

It's true the second half of the series has had some of the weakest episodes I've ever seen. It might be time to can it if they're (the writers) out of ideas.

'The Minority Report' as an argument for a court case was a bit ham-fisted and poorly done.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chicago PD episode that is a crossover with SVU was the latest shown on 5USA in the UK. Might be available on catch-up or whatever.
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,232
    Forum Member
    The Chicago PD episode that is a crossover with SVU was the latest shown on 5USA in the UK. Might be available on catch-up or whatever.

Thanks. Will watch as recording the season, but not really got into it. Tried the first few but just let the rest stack up.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cannot wait.
  • Options
    ESTKESTK Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone watched season premiere? I personally loved it. That moment they started playing "Gangsta" was special. I don't remember them having silimar segment with music
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot get into it, I want to as I really enjoyed season 1 to 12 (I think thats Stablers last), but after that if felt somewhat half hearted. Then again it has a few clangers here and their but Liv and Elliot always carried the show onwards so it made up for it. Without the dynamic duo it just feels forced.

Although I still have all those old episodes to watch (each season having over 20 episodes means I have PLENTY to rewatch now and again), so I will not be short of things to watch. I might give this new season a run through once its done, as I like to digest them a season at a time.

(Also, they need to shoe horn McNulty and Greggs from The Wire in so that way I think the entire cast of the wire have made an appearance in the show haha)