Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXXIX (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys some really terrible news I've just read. I know it's going to upset you all but I just had to let you know. Man this is hard to write.

There is no From The Vault following Raw tonight.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Noooooooooo:(:D
  • Options
    Sinister2010Sinister2010 Posts: 6,923
    Forum Member
    Guys some really terrible news I've just read. I know it's going to upset you all but I just had to let you know. Man this is hard to write.

Oi only our beloved King Barrett is allowed to give us bad news>:(:D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oi only our beloved King Barrett is allowed to give us bad news>:(:D.

Sky Sports News could use him during the Ashes. "A wicket has fallen and England fans, I'm afraid i've got some BAD NEWS"!!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sky Sports News could use him during the Ashes. "A wicket has fallen and England fans, I'm afraid i've got some BAD NEWS"!!!:D

The BBC could always get him to commentate during Wimbledon especially if Andy Murray loses:D.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    I wonder if there will be some competition from Hollie and Alexi in this part of the thread to see who can make the most posts in it since they were the top two for the last one. Two female wrestling fans, most certainly the biggest WWE Wrestling fans on Digitalspy typing it out :p to see who the number one fan is. Preparing themselves for 1am live for WWE Monday Night Raw! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC could always get him to commentate during Wimbledon especially if Andy Murray loses:D.

There's so many opportunities for him to deliver bad news.:D
  • Options
    BFGArmyBFGArmy Posts: 28,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee_Smith2 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it, maybe because it appeared Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn were in bed rather than involved :D The production was far more relaxed compared to Raw and Smackdown to a lesser extent. The announcing was easy to listen to for once. The crowd added to the show for once. Neville/Jericho and Owens/Balor was great stuff - I preferred the latter as it was Japanese influenced and didn't suffer from being another kick out finisher fest.

Surely next month's Sydney house-show, which features Hulk Hogan, will be on the network too. Then the Mexico City event in October.

I agree on the different feel to Raw/SD - which was nice. Expecting it to be back to the usual on Raw though.

Disagree on Owens/Balor though - it certainly felt like plenty was kicked out off. Good match mind.
    FMKK wrote: »
    Broadcasting shows in major non-US markets seems like a good idea to me. I've heard that Brock is signed up for appearances in London and Australia within the next year so I guess that they will do a few more.

Apparently production was handled by J-Sports rather than Dunn and I felt it was so much better. The show was a breeze to watch and a large part of that was the lack of the insane overproduction of every aspect like we get during Raw.

Think it's easy to do a show like that though every so often - not sure you'd be able to do something lie that every week. But was a nice change of pace certainly and WWE could do with doing a show that's a bit different every so often.

Hopefully, the show killed off the insane notion some people still seem to have that Cole can't commentate full stop (which admittedly a small minority have these days) - I mean he mentioned Devitt for goodness sake.
    A few random suggestions

1 - Stop devaluing finshers by having them kicked out of so often.

2 - Not every show has to start with a 15 minute promo. It feels tired and predictable.

3 - 2 man commentary teams work much better than 3.

4 - Have different colour ropes for each show. It would at least give the shows a different look.

5 - Have Vince ease off on the announcers and let them do their job without having him yelling instructions.

No arguments from me. That said don't think every PPV needs to have a different set but certainly some variety would be nice - so say the Big 4 all having unique PPV sets and the other PPVs having the same set but different to the regular shows.
    I'll genuinely pay for Kane to have a six month vacation away from my television.

So you wouldn't use those funds to end the Ziggler/Lana angle instead? :D
    I'd mark out too. It's the only way they can salvage this absolutely woeful angle. I'm not sure that the 'we were fooling you the whole time' angles ever really make much sense but that's not exactly been the priority of this storyline from day one.

And the reason that Attitude era stars are seen as bigger than current stars is at least partially down to presentation. WWE is so obsessed with hagiography of it's own past that anyone from pre-2005 is presented as inherently better than those on the current roster. Perception is huge in wrestling so if you want the current guys to be stars as big as previous eras, you have to keep presenting them as such until it sticks with the audience. That's how it works, that's how it's always worked.

Shame for years WWE often seemed to completely ignore that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. They need to retcon this angle out of existence and never speak of it again. Now that they've involve Summer Rae it suggests to me that they're in it for the long haul however. I think it's already damaged Rusev and Lana and it won't be long until it drags down Ziggler as well.

I thought Ziggler was the one who was suffering most. Lana and Rusev still seem to have some credit in the bank on here (more than Greece at least) - it can't be too long the way it's going until someone on here wants Ziggler's head on a stick.

But, but how will I know what happened in WWE in 2011/12? Where else can I find such important information?

The guy'll need a rest at some point. :D

That said he doesn't deliver BAD NEWS these days. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BFGArmy wrote: »
    No arguments from me. That said don't think every PPV needs to have a different set but certainly some variety would be nice - so say the Big 4 all having unique PPV sets and the other PPVs having the same set but different to the regular shows.

Any variety would be an improvement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any variety would be an improvement.

No arguments from me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought Ziggler was the one who was suffering most. Lana and Rusev still seem to have some credit in the bank on here (more than Greece at least) - it can't be too long the way it's going until someone on here wants Ziggler's head on a stick.

But, but how will I know what happened in WWE in 2011/12? Where else can I find such important information?

The guy'll need a rest at some point. :D

That said he doesn't deliver BAD NEWS these days. :(

Ever heard of this thing called the WWE Network:D?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ever heard of this thing called the WWE Network:D?

I know of no such thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know of no such thing.

You'd think it such a thing as the WWE Network existed, they'd mention it on TV.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know of no such thing.

Well with the WWE Network you can watch some of WWEs best moments from 2011 and 2012 even Raw #998:D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone staying up for Raw.

Can't promise I'll be here for long but hopefully an OK show. Hope everyone has Ashes/Wimbledon chat ready.

Not that there's any link ever between WWE and urns. ;-)
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning however long people are staying up for for this week's show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You'd think it such a thing as the WWE Network existed, they'd mention it on TV.:D

Which begs the question why haven't they mentioned this WWE app:D?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well with the WWE Network you can watch some of WWEs best moments from 2011 and 2012 even Raw #998:D.

I know of no such Raw. :D

I'm sure the 'ticker of enlightenment'/moron ticker/'ticker of WWE staff yelled at by Vince' would let us know too. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The New Year's Eve 2012 episode of Raw is missing for some reason. I'm sure everyone is curious as to why.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which begs the question why haven't they mentioned this WWE app:D?

They actually haven't done so for quite a while.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The New Year's Eve 2012 episode of Raw is missing for some reason. I'm sure everyone is curious as to why.:D

Do they have the Christmas Raw where Santa got run over? :D

I won't sleep until we find out why. Except I probably will sleep. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone staying up for Raw.

Can't promise I'll be here for long but hopefully an OK show. Hope everyone has Ashes/Wimbledon chat ready.

Not that there's any link ever between WWE and urns. ;-)

Not forgetting F1:D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not forgetting F1:D.

Oh definetely forgetting F1. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure the 'ticker of enlightenment'/moron ticker/'ticker of WWE staff yelled at by Vince' would let us know too. :D

What would we do without the pearls of wisdom that the ticker provides?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

I know of no such episode perhaps it never existed:D.
This discussion has been closed.