Vodafone upgrade- too good to be true?

PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
Forum Member
YAY! I can finally upgrade my phone!

So I was looking through the selection, and then I clicked on 'Keep your existing plan'. Well, my existing plan is great, so yeah, I'll keep that.

So I'm browsing again, and then I see the HTC Desire Z. So I'm like, "Oh, okay" so I choose that and then I see it's £10 a month when I keep my existing plan.

Too good to be true or just a good deal?

PS: And will I keep my internet pack or will I have to add it again?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it says keep current plan I would assume that means bundle will stay intact....they give you 7 days to change you're mind if you have issues though so nothing lost in trying it out.

Sounds a great deal.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Ordered it and when it comes I'll need to re-add my internet pack.

I presume that I'm still on my household plan so I'll maintain my 600 minutes & unlimited texts.

Thanks Vodafone and thanks legends wear 7 for the help!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo

Yay! I love upgrade time! :D

If you have selected a different plan once picking the phone then you will be changed to that plan.

If however you have chosen to keep your plan and then not changed the pricing then you will be on the same as before.

If you'd like me to check on your account for you or add any packs that may have been removed, just let me know. :)

You can email me from here with a link to this thread. Make sure when you send the email that you include WRT135 in the subject line so that it comes straight through to my team.

Happy New Year! :cool:

Kirsty
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Forum Member
    Paparazzo

Yay! I love upgrade time! :D

If you have selected a different plan once picking the phone then you will be changed to that plan.

If however you have chosen to keep your plan and then not changed the pricing then you will be on the same as before.

If you'd like me to check on your account for you or add any packs that may have been removed, just let me know. :)

You can email me from here with a link to this thread. Make sure when you send the email that you include WRT135 in the subject line so that it comes straight through to my team.

Happy New Year! :cool:

Kirsty
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK

I have noticed that the phone in question, the HTC Desire Z, has now changed from being 'Free' to £195 (or something like that), I'll still get it for free won't I?
  • GeowitchGeowitch Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Wow, that's a great deal. I have been on the Vodafone site nearly every day in months (saddo that I am!) looking to see what's available in early February when my upgrade is due. Now i can't wait -hope I get a good deal too!
    Forum Member
    Geowitch wrote: »
    Wow, that's a great deal. I have been on the Vodafone site nearly every day in months (saddo that I am!) looking to see what's available in early February when my upgrade is due. Now i can't wait -hope I get a good deal too!

It's changed I think, hope I got in just before without being charged! :eek:

But there are some great deals there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Hi Paparazzo

Hmm that is a bit odd!

I can certainly check for you though. Did you send an email? If so do you have the reference number from the automated reply?

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this.

Cheers

Kirsty
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Forum Member
    No, it's all been sorted out now. Thanks :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi Paparazzo

How did you get on in the end ??

Im due in March , at the moment I have 600 crossnet mins/unlimited text/500meg internet for £25 a month on Vodafone. Im looking at the Motorola Defy that should be free its £30 at the moment on an internet only early upgrade. Is that a good deal I have on my line rental at the moment anyone ??

What happens with the contracts do u have to have a 24 month one now ? last time they said I had no choice it had to be 24 but that extra 6 months seems ages when your phone is wearing out and you need an upgrade :)
    Forum Member
    chippy1970 wrote: »
    Hi Paparazzo

How did you get on in the end ??

Im due in March , at the moment I have 600 crossnet mins/unlimited text/500meg internet for £25 a month on Vodafone. Im looking at the Motorola Defy that should be free its £30 at the moment on an internet only early upgrade. Is that a good deal I have on my line rental at the moment anyone ??

What happens with the contracts do u have to have a 24 month one now ? last time they said I had no choice it had to be 24 but that extra 6 months seems ages when your phone is wearing out and you need an upgrade :)

You can choose either; new plan & new handset, new plan & keep your own handset or new handset and keep your own plan. Then you can change to 12 months, 18 months or 24 months. Then you choose your handset etc