Great Willy? :D
  • ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pages 1 and 2

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/288510e6#/288510e6/1

Pages 6 and 7

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/288510e6#/288510e6/6

"Meanwhile, between 2010 and 2011 Price complained to the Press Complaints Commission about 17 Daily Star articles, "which contained appalling and false allegations about her"

"The complaint was settled , with the Daily Star admitting the allegations in the articles were false"

"Of the 17, 11 articles were written by the same Daily Star journalist. She has since taken a job at CAN Associates."

"Price also claims that model Nicola Mclean, at the time represented by CAN, had tweeted suggesting that Princess had been deliberately burnt to gain publicity."

GW = Gemma Wheatley. The journalist from the Daily Star who went on a long sabbatical....then found new employment with CAN.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want a job with CAN but I think it only employs three people at a time :D

Only joking by the way
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They didnt need to be - they admitted it and accepted liability.

In that case why is KP determined to keep it going if this is about the same thing? :confused:
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about all the bad press Kate's gathered pre-Pete and when she was with Alex and Leo? Is that all part of a great conspiracy too? Unfortunately for her she was caught on camera slandering Pete so that definitely wasn't a false story from the CAN camp. I don't condone dirty tricks but it seems to me that both sides were doing it and more fool them as it makes them both look so petty and ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In that case why is KP determined to keep it going if this is about the same thing? :confused:

Why are people taking this person's "info" as gospel, he comments on the X Factor for fecks sake :D
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was the Star sued though? :confused:

Yes they were... It was settled out of court and KP got damages and her legal fees paid
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AG - Andrew Gould

GW - **** knows

:D

GW Gemma Wheatley ... She worked for star and wrote 11 stries that were lies
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    What about all the bad press Kate's gathered pre-Pete and when she was with Alex and Leo? Is that all part of a great conspiracy too? Unfortunately for her she was caught on camera slandering Pete so that definitely wasn't a false story from the CAN camp. I don't condone dirty tricks but it seems to me that both sides were doing it and more fool them as it makes them both look so petty and ridiculous.

Nobodys saying one side is blameless, but i'd say 17 stories, having journos scheming for you and various other stuff is a bit of a contrast to her just doing an interview reacting to him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobodys saying one side is blameless, but i'd say 17 stories, having journos scheming for you and various other stuff is a bit of a contrast to her just doing an interview reacting to him.

But that's done & dusted & not what the trial is about is it, if you read my above post to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    But that's done & dusted & not what the trial is about is it, if you read my above post to you.

Suing the star is done and dusted but the fact they were being supplied with false stories allegedly by CAN hasn't and thats the part she is suing them for
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suing the star is done and dusted but the fact they were being supplied with false stories allegedly by CAN hasn't and thats the part she is suing them for

Nope, she's suing for Misuse of Private Information. Not false stories.

JA has sworn that KP had an affair, and that it came from the horses mouth. Why hasn't KP sued her for libel? And what about the other story above that I linked to?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, she's suing for disclosing personal information. Not false stories.

JA has sworn that KP had an affair, and that it came from the horses mouth. Why hasn't KP sued her for libel? And what about the other story above that I linked to?

KP can't sue for liable because the story wasn't printed ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which horse was it? Crossdresser?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's suing for breach of trust ... basically breach of contract comes into it with CP. Its not just about the affair, but thats all they can print because its in the public doimain. If it goes to court you might hear more but then again you might not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fountain of knowledge :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    The fountain of knowledge :rolleyes:

Like an episode of corrie isnt it :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

More Eastenders ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KP can't sue for liable because the story wasn't printed ..

But stories about an affair with AG were put out. Plus the abortion one above. Could she not have sued for defamation if not printed rather than misuse of private info?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nothing wrong with Corrie, they are also storylines, not facts which people are purporting to have, what you should have said is it's like the X Factor, all the sob stories, that's more up your street :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But stories about an affair with AG were put out. Plus the abortion one above.

I'm not sure of the law but I believe when the word "alleged" or "a source claimed" it's very difficult to sue the mag/paper
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More Eastenders ;)

He should know he#s writing the scripts feeding info, but not really giving anything we don't already know away. Like I said, fountain of knowledge
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure of the law but I believe when the word "alleged" or "a source claimed" it's very difficult to sue the mag/paper

It doesn't say alleged or a source on that one above. (It has comments from a friend further on though).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    He should know he#s writing the scripts feeding info, but not really giving anything we don't already know away. Like I said, fountain of knowledge

Everything we write is speculation surely as none of us have privvy to all their information and lives .. As none of us live with either party
This discussion has been closed.