Should Champions League losers be allowed into the Europa League?

13»

Comments

• carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 8,963
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    I'm also not keen on losing cup finalists being allowed into the Europa League. That should be done away with as well.

Agreed. It was one thing when the old Cup Winners Cup was in existence, but not sure why it still happens with the Europa League.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    I'm also not keen on losing cup finalists being allowed into the Europa League. That should be done away with as well.

I agree and have said so a few times in threads in the past.

Take Wigan for example, they will get a place in Europe despite only beating one team from the top flight.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree and have said so a few times in threads in the past.

Take Wigan for example, they will get a place in Europe despite only beating one team from the top flight.

Wait til they've actually got that place before criticising that.
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its all about money and TV revenue ...not football !
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given that a large number of Everton fans DO think it I don't know why you're so surprised people were immediately cynical.

I don't speak for other Everton fans and though I know many of them not one I have come across has claimed we would have won three European Cups.

However if you want my honest and considered view I would say we would likely have won it once but who knows beyond that. The honest view of most Everton supporters I know is that we would have took some stopping in 86 and whilst the 88 team would have been weaker as it unfolded the ban resulted in a number of players and importantly, Howard Kendall, moving on, and had he stayed and maintained his managerial ability at Goodison, again, who knows, we will never know.

The post of snukr wasn't cynical, it was nothing other than a pathetic and unnecessary attempt at a wind up.

Similarly if you cannot see the joke being spun by me in response to a post from somewhere else then there is something deeply wrong with your understanding of other people's posts.
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way from me as well.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teams should only be able to play in one European competition a season, not multiple ones.

I am not a fan of teams dropping into the Europa League from the Champions League, but I can understand why it happens though.