Is it possible to speak to an english person from Talk Talk?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Icaraa wrote: »
    Pretty much this whole post was about you not wanting to unscrew the faceplate. Everyone has just tried to explain to you why TalkTalk asked you to do it.

It's not their fault that UK phone sockets are designed that way. The problem you were experiencing could have been caused by the wiring inside your house. That's why they wanted you to isolate it. No one has "lost the plot" at all.

No it wasn't - obviously I didn't write the post very well !!!

I didn't mind unscrewing the blady plate at all - it was the fact that I could not explain to her in English why I hadn't got a screw driver by my desk and why it would take some time to move the cupboard in front of the plate, not to mention the heavy desk my PC is on and that to get a screwdriver I would need to get dressed and go outside in the shed !!!! I didn't even bother to say I've hurt my back and would need time, even after moving everything to get down on the floor !!!! If it was an English person it would have taken me 20 seconds to explain my position and they would have called me back when I'd moving everything!

Please can this be the end of this very boring saga !!! I know all about why I needed to get the flamin' plate off !! DOH!!!!!!

I thought this thread was about not being able to speak to an English person - that's why I put my comment on. I didn't realise it was about removing a plate off the wall !!!

Reading back my intial post, it may have looked as though I wasn't happy at removing the plate. However, I was trying to get across that I couldn't explain to her that I would need time to get everything sorted to gain access to the plate. Hope that explains everthing.
  • IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,068
    Forum Member
    goforgold wrote: »
    No it wasn't - obviously I didn't write the post very well !!!

I didn't mind unscrewing the blady plate at all - it was the fact that I could not explain to her in English why I hadn't got a screw driver by my desk and why it would take some time to move the cupboard in front of the plate and that to get a screwdriver I would need to get dressed. If it was an English person it would have taken me 20 seconds to explain my position and they would have called me back!

Please can this be the end of this very boring saga !!! I know all about why I needed to get the flamin' plate off !! DOH!!!!!!

Escuse the double post - PC playing up again. Probably because I didn't get around to removing that plate !!!!! :o

Fair enough, that makes sense.

So is everything ok now then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Icaraa wrote: »
    Fair enough, that makes sense.

So is everything ok now then?

Playing up now and again thank you, but I think the problem is in the Cabinet at the end of the road as it's intermittent. We've only recently had fibre optic in the village and there appears to be a few teething problems. :)
  • chappiechappie Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    daddyA wrote: »
    Just wondering as it's never happened to me.[/QUO

When I had this problem I was advised to phone early in the day, 8 - 9 am
    Got straight through to Preston
    Forum Member
    goforgold wrote: »
    Playing up now and again thank you, but I think the problem is in the Cabinet at the end of the road as it's intermittent. We've only recently had fibre optic in the village and there appears to be a few teething problems. :)

Sounds plausible. Every time they have to enable (or remove) a customer for Fibre to the Cabinet broadband they go into the cabinet. This results in a lot more visits to the cabinet in general. So if you have a problem in the cabinet you'll notice that.
  • Gareth_BeerGareth_Beer Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Talk Talk is THE WORSE company I have ever dealt with!
    I could bore you with details, I won't!

With Plusnet now, works fine at same address!

Seen an old mate the other day, who's experience and outcome was the same as mine...

Wow!
    Forum Member
    Some news that may have helped you initially-OR's new master socket (NTE5c) doesn't have screws anymore on the front. You just pinch the sides in and it comes off, there's then some push to terminate slots for the customer's extensions on the inside (not on the plate that comes off anymore).

This new design is much more like the U.S. sockets someone else mentioned earlier in the thread. The new socket is coming at the end of the year, just thought some of you might be interested.