Kitekat pouches - cat leaves them

SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,243
Forum Member
Well, I tried some of these as they looked good from reading the box, but when I squezed it into Lulu's bowl it was processed and pale shaped small cubes with a sort of jelly holding them together. I thought to myself that it looked nothing like I would want to eat and after a few mouthfulls, Lulu made a sniggering face and left them. They were still there hours later so I scraped the bowl clean and gave her Whiskers and she ate that straight away.

Does your cat like the Kitekat pouches or are they not popular with the pets?

Comments

• GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is just different cats like different food.

My aunts cat will literally eat anything, even the cheapest supermarket smartprice type food. Ours won't touch any catfood that hasn't come out of a purple Whiskas packet. :D

In fact, then they only like the poultry ones in jelly too. They don't like gravy, the meat flavours, fish flavours, the pate type ones.

I am just glad Whiskas do a poultry selection in jelly box. That is perfect for them.

Awkward pair!
  • LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    Kitekat is generally not thought of as a premium brand and you cat obviously knows this:D I bought it once years ago and thought it looked vile (not that cat food is right attractive anyway) and never bought it again.
  • girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine will only happily eat Felix as good as it looks all the rest I end up throwing away as they get left.
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lippincote wrote: »
    Kitekat is generally not thought of as a premium brand and you cat obviously knows this:D I bought it once years ago and thought it looked vile (not that cat food is right attractive anyway) and never bought it again.

I remember when Kitekat was the first tinned cat-food, available and our first family cat had some skin problems and the vet put it down to Kitekat ...fish variety, so since then I have never bought it for any of my cats.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat doesn't like kittykat or any other cheap food.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Mine were jelly lickers when it came to whiskas and felix wet food. Ended up throwing most away.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try Orijen or Fish-4-Cats.

Lulu will love you:D
  • GeowitchGeowitch Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Try Orijen or Fish-4-Cats.

Lulu will love you:D

I've never heard of either of them - where do you get them from, please?
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geowitch wrote: »
    I've never heard of either of them - where do you get them from, please?

I've only ever got Orijen on-line (just google Orijen) and Fish-4-Cats from small independent pet shops or on-line

To start you off...

Orijen

Fish-4-cats
  • PhredPhred Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our cat doesn't like ANY jelly-based cat food.

She used to eat only Whiskas pouches, then completely went off them. Currently eats KitEKat "roasted", but I dare say the time will come when she goes-off those.

However since she is currently housed in a cage (following a dog attack she has had about 40 internal stitches and the vets don't want her jumping until they are certain she has healed) she is showing her disgust by refusing to eat anything until she is on the point of starving
  • SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,243
    Forum Member
    FakeFlower wrote: »
    Mine were jelly lickers when it came to whiskas and felix wet food. Ended up throwing most away.

Hey - Lulu is a jelly licker too!:D

Thanks for the advice and some brands I have not heard of. Lulu does like fish best so they sound good. Funny really - catfood cannot be all that good because after leaving it she found and ate an insect.
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Mine are on "new" Felix Sensations at the mo. So far so good. /||\
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Mine won't eat any pouches except Aldi's own and, occasionally Whiskas. Give them anything in gravy and they just lick the gravy off. It's a matter of trial and error but it's very expensive whilst you're finding what they like. I also only put down 1 pouch between the two of them at each meal unless they are very hungry and eat it all up at once. They have good quality dry down all the time so eat that too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    My cat used to be the '1 in 10' that did not like whiskers!! He absolutely refused to eat kitten food as well (don't now why) and only ate fish, mince and chicken (until he went off that as well) as a kitten until he was old enough.

He was ok with Go Cat and othe adult cat foods (apart from whiskers) until I made the ,mistake of buying him Iams cat food (which is more expensive) and then refused to eat anything but that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    My cat will not eat wet food full stop. He is the most fussy eater - feline or human - I have ever encountered. All he will eat is EXPENSIVE dry food and plenty of milk - little piggy....
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cat will not eat wet food full stop. He is the most fussy eater - feline or human - I have ever encountered. All he will eat is EXPENSIVE dry food and plenty of milk - little piggy....

Yes, I'm convinced that some cats go through your shopping and take a quick gander at the receipt so that they can decide whether they like what you've bought them.

I'm at a loss to understand why a cat would ignore what's in his dish in order to push the other cat out of the way and eat out of her dish... when the food in each dish is identical! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    TerraCanis wrote: »
    Yes, I'm convinced that some cats go through your shopping and take a quick gander at the receipt so that they can decide whether they like what you've bought them.

I'm at a loss to understand why a cat would ignore what's in his dish in order to push the other cat out of the way and eat out of her dish... when the food in each dish is identical! :)

I totally agree with you - I once bought home tesco own premium brand and he looked at me as if I had just beaten him and stolen his soul!!! "Cats were once treated as Gods - they have never fogotten this fact" - I am not sure who said this, I will fish out my cat quote book and find out - but it is SO true. My puss even has a little table to eat from as he is disgusted by eating from a bowl on the floor. Perhaps I indulge him a wee bit too much....:rolleyes:
  • widgerwidger Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My cat loves the Tescos cat food. especially the tuna or trout ones. Anything else is treated with disdain unless it's freshly cooked salmon or chicken.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    TerraCanis wrote: »

Haha, mine do this! They're both trying to squeeze their faces into one bowl when there is an identical one next to them! I think they just cant stand the thought that the other cat might be getting something more exciting!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FakeFlower wrote: »
    Haha, mine do this! They're both trying to squeeze their faces into one bowl when there is an identical one next to them! I think they just cant stand the thought that the other cat might be getting something more exciting!

Mine do this too, and they will have identical food in identical bowls, eat half and then swap over :D

They will only eat food in jelly, anything in gravy they do not want to know.
  • MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat hates whiskas with a vengence the first time I put some down he looked disgusted and started to paw the ground as if he wanted to bury the bowl.

He also took an instant dislike to sheba desire he actually ran out of the house and hid in the garden until the offending bowl was removed I had to give the rest of the box away to the next door neighbour, her ginger monster is not so fussy

He will eat Felix as good as it looks but what he really really loves is waitrose.

We moved to the Isle of Wight this year and I had to get my mum to post me pouches every week, luckily waitrose opened a store in east Cowes this month so he is now a very happy cat he actually purrs when he eats it.