Options

I thought Lembit was adorable

He was just so sweet and earnest ...

Not surprised he's out, because I guess the demographic of voters is too young to 'get' him, but I wanted to say I think he was great.

Comments

• Options
    Granny WeatherwaxGranny Weatherwax Posts: 52,923
    Forum Member
    Personally he was like a nail down a blackboard to me :D, I didn't even watch his exit interview.
  • Options
    GeowitchGeowitch Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    I loved him - he tried really hard with his tasks and around the camp. I've never had much time for his exploits read in the media but seeing him in the jungle brought out a different side to him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, being very like one of the Cheeky Girls myself (only joking), I can see why he gets young pretty girlfriends ... you can imagine him being the most attentive, kind, trustworthy boyfriend in the world.

I actually find him really funny as well, although I know his sense of humour is not to everyone's taste.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He reminded me a bit of Brian Paddick last year. Both of them were earnest and well-meaning, but didn't seem to know how to laugh at themselves at all.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    He reminded me a bit of Brian Paddick last year. Both of them were earnest and well-meaning, but didn't seem to know how to laugh at themselves at all.
    If you'd seen him on the immediately post-election edition of Have I Got News from You?, you would know that he really does know how to laugh at himself. He was very funny, self-effacing, and endearing on that show.
  • Options
    IdlecatIdlecat Posts: 4,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was prepared to dislike him too but he came across as a quirky slightly eccentric very very nice kind man. I would like to have seen a lot more of him. How the hell is that dull rapper bloke staying put? Teeny fans on twitter ?
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I was genuinely stuck in the jungle..I'd probably be the one out of the team I'd choose for company he's like a big boy scout. I thought he'd be quite arrogant for some reason but he seems pleasant ad reliable. I think my opinion of him has been shaped by the media's obsession witth his love life rather than who he actually is.
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally he was like a nail down a blackboard to me :D, I didn't even watch his exit interview.

Yeah he grated on me too.....he's wetter than a wet lettuce. I didn't watch his interview either. :D
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    harmless but boring .,
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He will have more time with his 21 yr old girlfriend now!
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He will have more time with his 21 yr old girlfriend now!
    See, right there - that's the problem for me! Why does he have to have such young .. and let's be honest... cheap looking girlfriends?
    If he's intelligent and serious, wouldn't he go for someone a little older and more full of character?
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    See, right there - that's the problem for me! Why does he have to have such young .. and let's be honest... cheap looking girlfriends?
    If he's intelligent and serious, wouldn't he go for someone a little older and more full of character?

Maybe his next one will be 18!:eek: They seem to be getting younger.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, being very like one of the Cheeky Girls myself (only joking), I can see why he gets young pretty girlfriends ... you can imagine him being the most attentive, kind, trustworthy boyfriend in the world.

I actually find him really funny as well, although I know his sense of humour is not to everyone's taste.

Not if your name’s Sian Lloyd. ;)

He did take the bite from the snake well so credit where's it's due but overall just too desperate for my liking.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    I liked him too. Sometimes I think he is a little intense, but then none of us are perfect. Overall, a nice, kind man.
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a liberal and so he gets my wrath!:mad:

Pre election, I might have liked his quirkiness; sadly now all I see is a sad man with no personality but possibly has a big lunchbox.:eek: Must say the lunchbox thing repulses me further.:p

There are others who I thought would go before him. Glad he's gone.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    i seem to remember somethingn about him being called 'the tripod'
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't dislike him, but I think Kayla probably had it right when she called him a dork. I'm sure he's very kind and nice, but he definitely is a bit dorkish.
  • Options
    EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was just pondering Lembit's success with young beautiful women, and I think his very earnestness and boy scout-ish manner might be the secret. These women probably get men coming on to them in rather sleazy ways all the time, and Lembit's air of bumbling innocence must be a welcome relief.
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creepy, insincere jerk imo.
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellef wrote: »
    I was just pondering Lembit's success with young beautiful women, and I think his very earnestness and boy scout-ish manner might be the secret. These women probably get men coming on to them in rather sleazy ways all the time, and Lembit's air of bumbling innocence must be a welcome relief.

:o
    Would it be very bad if I said that I preferred my men to have a bit of sleaze, and I'm not really turned on by bumbling innocence?
  • Options
    EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    :o
    Would it be very bad if I said that I preferred my men to have a bit of sleaze, and I'm not really turned on by bumbling innocence?

Not bad at all, it takes all sorts. :D Lembit's air of innocence isn't a turn-on, but perhaps he seems harmless so these women want to mother him. Alternatively if a bloke seems a bit dorky the idea of ruffling his feathers a bit can be nice too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »

It is very off putting, makes him come across as a bit sleazy as well as a joke.
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's wet and insipid - I'm with Dom Jolly in wondering how he became an MP.

And, as Kayla said about his stand-up career, "...but he's not funny!"
  • Options
    mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a soft spot for Lembit. I fancied him when I first saw him on I've Got News For You many years ago now & went off him a bit with all the hoo-ha in the papers about his love life but I still think he seems like a sweet bloke. I have a thing for quirky, nerdy guys so he fits into that category. I also like men who aren't conventionally good looking as, with male model types I find myself looking for the flaws whereas with guys who have more interesting faces I find myself concentrating on their good points.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mirandaweb wrote: »
    I have a soft spot for Lembit. I fancied him when I first saw him on I've Got News For You many years ago now & went off him a bit with all the hoo-ha in the papers about his love life but I still think he seems like a sweet bloke. I have a thing for quirky, nerdy guys so he fits into that category. I also like men who aren't conventionally good looking as, with male model types I find myself looking for the flaws whereas with guys who have more interesting faces I find myself concentrating on their good points.

Have I got news for you was on Dave earlier and Lembit was on it. He was actually quite funny and seemed to have far more presence then than he has now. I do feel a bit sorry for him because he seems nice but he lets others walk all over him.