When was the last time you injured yourself?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,113
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seriously or non seriously? I haven't, myself, for a while but a guy in here last week accidentally sliced through his thick 'protective' work glove deep into his hand.

Ow.

Comments

• KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Accidentally spilled boiling water over my hand the night I discovered I'd been burgled. Had a fantastic crispy roast-beef hand for a few days, which was very effective in scaring little children.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last week I sliced into the top of my little finger while cutting through a crusty cob
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    badly burned my hand a couple of months ago.
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twisted my ankle on Saturday night. Can't recollect exactly how I did it but I was probably doing something heroic like saving a dog from a frozen lake.
  • nickyislady_tnickyislady_t Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paper cut about an hour ago :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i slid on the ice and snow and sort of did the splits, it came as quite a shock to me and my area :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hit myself in the face with a dyson hoover attachment which required the ozzy glueing my eyebrow back together... was about 2years ago but nothing since then :D
  • PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sahalouise wrote: »
    Hit myself in the face with a dyson hoover attachment which required the ozzy glueing my eyebrow back together... was about 2years ago but nothing since then :D

That sucks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    Got bitten on my index finger last week when I tried to separate my 2 dogs :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    That sucks.

Indeed.
  • SonyJunkieSonyJunkie Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fell out of my loft last week!!

As I fell I reached out and caught the roof rafters which meant that my full weight jarred through my arms, I heard and felt the muscle tear in my upper arm!!!! :eek:
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I managed to scratch my legs so much that they got bruised. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SonyJunkie wrote: »
    Fell out of my loft last week!!

As I fell I reached out and caught the roof rafters which meant that my full weight jarred through my arms, I heard and felt the muscle tear in my upper arm!!!! :eek:

Agghh!! :eek: I bet a few choice words were uttered!

"Golly!"
    "Gee whiz!"
    "Lummocks!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today I spiked my thumb with a sewing needle, quite annoyingly deep. I fell twice yesterday and slightly grazed my knees. On Sunday I got mauled gently by a fluffy kitty and I've got quite a lot of big inflamed cat scratches. On Saturday, I burned my right ear quite painfully with the straighteners. I banged my leg off a door on Friday and got a really big mean bruise. And on Thursday I got myself clawed and decked by a policeman and bruised all my left side, plus I pulled every muscle in my right leg running up a snowy hill. I think I injure myself in some minor->medium way every day.
    Forum Member
    Pulling up the covers in bed last night and my hand slipped, punched myself in the face. Woke up this morning to find i have a massive black eye :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snapped my banjo string last month whilst at it in a swimming pool
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Tripped over a negligent kerb in a car park 3 months ago, blacked my eye, damaged my hand. Got an appointment next week to see doc, as they all still hurt and I'm not a wimp.
    Forum Member
    snapped my banjo string last month whilst at it in a swimming pool

Resisting making the ovious joke...
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fell off a bike in August last year. Ended up with a leg that was all the colours of the rainbow :o:(
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Paper cut a couple of weeks ago :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tripped on broken pavement in the summer cos I couldn't see cos the sun was blinding and I cut my knuckles and fingers and grazed and bruised my knees.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muffin999 wrote: »
    i slid on the ice and snow and sort of did the splits, it came as quite a shock to me and my area :p

:D:D
    I fell on the ice a couple of weeks ago but I didn't do anything as elegant as the splits. I just ended up on my a*se in an ungainly heap! My arm was very stiff for a couple of days but it's fine now. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deakin wrote: »
    Pulling up the covers in bed last night and my hand slipped, punched myself in the face. Woke up this morning to find i have a massive black eye :rolleyes:

Done that lol I ended up with a bleeding nose. Also somehow mananged to kick myself in the balls with my heel when I've been moving whilesitting on the floor.
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone pinned me up by the throat, so I punched them, ended up with Tendonitis, if that's the right word. Thought I had broken my wrist.
    Just before that I also stepped over a stair gate rather than opening it, & my foot slipped. I wont go in to details but the pain, oh geez & it wasn't a pretty site for about a week.
  • Nuartey1Nuartey1 Posts: 2,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fell asleep on my laptop charger and burned my leg. Third degree burn, so deep that I didn't feel the pain when it was first looked at by the doctor because my nerves were ruined. It was the first time I had an operation as well. Whenever I told people they didn't believe me because it's quite a clumsy and silly thing to do but I regularly injure myself.