Adele-Skyfall (90 second preview)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grazman wrote: »
    Not a classic bond theme - in the same catagory as World Is Not Enough, You Know My Name etc, ok but chorus is weak. Nothing that stands out for me. Think a lot of people are wearing rose-tinted glasses, just because its Adele.

5/10 (from the 90mins ive heard)

Pop songs are getting longer these days... :eek:
  • markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very underwhelmed with that clip, Thought I hope and expect it to liven up later in the song.

At least it's more traditional than the more recent garbage Bond themes
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    People calling it boring, I think you misunderstand what most Bond themes do. They are not some catchy Rihanna song playing on Capital - they actually have artistic substance.
    But this doesn't have 'artistic substance'.

The composition and lyrics are as basic and unoriginal as a weak Rihanna song.

Most Bond themes set the tone for the whole music of the film. Hence the term 'theme'. They have a cue that is instantly recognisable which carries through the whole music of the film. The only cue this song has is the old Bond theme... that's just lazy and uninspired. And also what makes it boring.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    markmc2k5 wrote: »
    Very underwhelmed with that clip, Thought I hope and expect it to liven up later in the song.

At least it's more traditional than the more recent garbage Bond themes

You're just scared of admitting it''s great for fear of what GL will do to you. And, yes, I jest :D
  • markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    You're just scared of admitting it''s great for fear of what GL will do to you. And, yes, I jest :D
    ;)

As a massive James Bond fan I would love nothing more than this to be a classic. I thought it would have been by the sounds of it on paper, the jury's out at the moment.
    Forum Member
    Let's hope it sells enough on Friday & Saturday to get the present #1 sh*te incumbent off the #1 spot. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have heard a small clip of a 4 minute track. Think you are being a little OTT?
    Well presumably it includes the chorus which will be repeated. But if you followed the thread you would have seen that I did say to another poster that it may liven up a bit later in the song which shows it's not my final judgement. It needs to for me because from that clip it doesn't sound very memorable imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    I love the clip and the fact that it's getting released at 007 am :p I'm not sure how quickly this updates but look at this on Itunes, Skyfall is going to be massive.

http://kworb.net/itunes/adele.html
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have heard a small clip of a 4 minute track. Think you are being a little OTT?
    But the point is you only have to listen to 5 seconds of a great Bond song for you to instantly recognise it.

They have a strong cue. This doesn't.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't get to hear it :-(
    Forum Member
    Dynopia wrote: »
    Didn't get to hear it :-(

Check the other thread - there's a link there that still works but not keen on 'advertising' it here. ;)
    Forum Member
    That Itunes info is already out of date as she's now @56 in the Uk :p
    I wonder what she's is going to sell in the first week?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »

Most Bond themes set the tone for the whole music of the film. Hence the term 'theme'. They have a cue that is instantly recognisable which carries through the whole music of the film. The only cue this song has is the old Bond theme... that's just lazy and uninspired. And also what makes it boring.
    Yes, that's disappointing. I thought Jack White's effort was good musically in that regard so would have worked better as an instrumental imo.
  • DynopiaDynopia Posts: 1,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Check the other thread - there's a link there that still works but not keen on 'advertising' it here. ;)

Thanks! I like it, understated
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »

I have to agree, its just the bond theme with words.

There is actually nothing new here at all except the lyrics, and Adeles voice, which in itself, is very anonymous in that snippet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like the clip. Roll on release day.
  • itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For people who don't like it, bearing in mind this is only the beginning of the song this will probably only get bigger and bigger when she just KILLS it by the end of those nearly 5 minutes- and that's SUCH a good length of a song!
  • STACEYFISHERSTACEYFISHER Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    For people who don't like it, bearing in mind this is only the beginning of the song this will probably only get bigger and bigger when she just KILLS it by the end of those nearly 5 minutes- and that's SUCH a good length of a song!

Some people were never going to like it because they resent Adele's success.
  • grazmangrazman Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people were never going to like it because they resent Adele's success.

..and you could also say some people were ALWAYS going to like it because Adele sings it.

From what i've read it seems to be getting mixed reactions, some like it, some think its ok, some dont like it. Whats wrong with that?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Pre-order singles can chart?? This is a new low in chart-topping tactics (up there with putting two versions of Someone Like You for release in the same week to beat Jessie J).
    Forum Member
    bizzle wrote: »
    Pre-order singles can chart?? This is a new low in chart-topping tactics (up there with putting two versions of Someone Like You for release in the same week to beat Jessie J).

No. the link to Itunes is the pre- order chart, the Song gets released on Friday and all sales from pre-orders go to the single then. It might be at one on Sunday.:eek:
  • pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit dull. It's not very Bond-y. It needs to be a much bigger tune. I hope in the 90s that we haven't heard yet it builds a lot more.
    Forum Member
    Maxit wrote: »
    No. the link to Itunes is the pre- order chart, the Song gets released on Friday and all sales from pre-orders go to the single then. It might be at one on Sunday.:eek:

So why is a blank version of her song sitting at number 48 in the singles chart?
    Forum Member
    bizzle wrote: »
    So why is a blank version of her song sitting at number 48 in the singles chart?
    No Idea :confused: I just had a look and I notice when you click on it it takes you to pre-order. What's a blank version?
    Forum Member
    Maxit wrote: »
    No Idea :confused: I just had a look and I notice when you click on it it takes you to pre-order. What's a blank version?

Lol yeah I've never seen this before. Adele is pioneering a new iTunes format! Something to add to her resume (yawn).