Was Michelle Collins unpopular with her castmates?

whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
Forum Member
I just saw this article about her leaving bash
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2557432/Coronation-Street-stars-throw-Michelle-Collins-leaving-party.html

According to that only Tina, Gail, Julie, Leanne and Sally turned out to say goodbye. Seems odd after 3 years on the cobbles that only 5 castmates turned up to bid her farewell. I can only assume she isn't very well liked on set.

Comments

• LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does seem likely :( not been a good run on the show has it :/
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Did Eva or Dev not turn up? Just thinking about those she worked with most.
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure than more cast mates arrived but managed to escape the media
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Maybe she just wanted a quiet do with her closest mates rather than a big farewell party?
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Did Eva or Dev not turn up? Just thinking about those she worked with most.

According to that article no, was just the 5 that I mentioned
    QueenAmy wrote: »
    I'm sure than more cast mates arrived but managed to escape the media

Possibly, but there were no pics of Leanne or Sally but it was still mentioned that they were there.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She could have just asked her guests to her place, and pop round to the back.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kym Marsh was apparently busy going at it with her latest poor victim and unavailable to comment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Kym Marsh was apparently busy going at it with her latest poor victim and unavailable to comment.

:D:D:D
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in time for Cindy to wake from her coma!! ;-0
  • Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catherine Tydeseley (Eva) is probably resting after her car crash the other day
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Once I made four journeys between London and Manchester in one day. Another time I crashed into a parked car after a long journey. I knew the travel wouldn't be easy, but I didn't realise how hard it would be.'

Madness.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie couldn't make it as she is on heat and was stalking the smelly girl from the homeless shelter.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    Madness.

Why didn't she get a train instead of driving? Would only be 2 hours or so..
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »

because some of us common folk would probably ruin the trip for her.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she still banging on about being a working mother with.... an 18 year old child. My goodness she must be exhausted the poor little love.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeah wrote: »
    because some of us common folk would probably ruin the trip for her.

I think she does get the train.

Or at least did... http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/371711/Michelle-Collins-fled-vicious-train-gang

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Is she still banging on about being a working mother with.... an 18 year old child. My goodness she must be exhausted the poor little love.

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Cotton didn't like her, she was toast I'm afraid - he's the boss around them there parts.

That's probably why Marsh & Fiz are part of his notorious 'bitch gang' - it's the only way to ensure longevity at Corrie it seems.

:p;-)

* Disclaimer - all of the above may not be true
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    If Cotton didn't like her, she was toast I'm afraid - he's the boss around them there parts.

That's probably why Marsh & Fiz are part of his notorious 'bitch gang' - it's the only way to ensure longevity at Corrie it seems.

:D I think there may be some truth in that.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle Collins seems a right pain in the arse so it wouldn't surprise me although fair play for her for not getting involved with cottons bitches from hell
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I guess cast members just don't want seen by the press.
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bitch gang LMAO :D:D
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if we get a tell all about her 'Corrie Hell' in due course.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I would think that that is just a very select amount of cast mates that attended the party. There just won't be pictures of the others. There is a nice video on YouTube with Michelle and David Nielson at the NTAs.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how she is onscreen until June if she's already leaving