Options

Poor River

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
Forum Member
✭✭
Before any rips my neck off this all just speculation and I am not treating it all as fact

I feel so sorry for River.
She was born in captivity and then taken from her mother and were left to presume that she is raised in an orphange not knowing her mother. Being breed to be a weapon and then eventually killed.

It kind of leaves you feeling really sad for her in the end.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    :cry:Yes I agree. I love RS,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Plus she spends a lot of her life in prison. But, don't forget in Forest of The Dead she died to make sure that all of that would happen and told the doctor not to change even one line of all their meetings. So she must have thought it was all worth it! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, how she has to live her life in the shadow of the Docs, Amys and Rorys. She can hardly do anything due to timey wimey stuff!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterflyy wrote: »
    Yep. Plus she spends a lot of her life in prison. But, don't forget in Forest of The Dead she died to make sure that all of that would happen and told the doctor not to change even one line of all their meetings. So she must have thought it was all worth it! :)

I know. But that's why I loved the Doctor taking her ice skating-it's like he is determined to fill her life with as much good stuff as he can to counter the bad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Talk about preordained destiny...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did hate it when River said to Amy and Rory something like " the doctor will find your daughter and he will look after her whatever it takes" :(:(
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    I'm not making any assumptions about River being the little girl and see at least one big hole in that notion - River was all over that space suit after it had apparently been ripped apart by the occupant. If that was the little girl's suit, there'd surely be at least enough "bits" of her - skin cells, hair etc - to go "POP" when River touched them if they came form herself in the past.

I know that's the sort of thing that can get ignored in the writing process - just saying that it raises at least some doubt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not making any assumptions about River being the little girl and see at least one big hole in that notion - River was all over that space suit after it had apparently been ripped apart by the occupant. If that was the little girl's suit, there'd surely be at least enough "bits" of her - skin cells, hair etc - to go "POP" when River touched them if they came form herself in the past.

I know that's the sort of thing that can get ignored in the writing process - just saying that it raises at least some doubt.[/QUOTE

Oooo good point!!! If she was the little girl in the race suit, presumably also the little girl that regenrated, would she not remember that being herself as a child??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Very tragic. She also has to pretend all that time that she doesn't recognise her parents when i'm sure all she wants is a big hug!