Angie Miller - You Set Me Free - iTunes

clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,867
Forum Member
✭✭
just being reading on Twitter, turns out Angie's song was released last night too, it is not on the US iTunes chart, at first I thought it just didn't get in the top 100 anyway but people are saying that American Idol is not allowing it to chart. its had 3x as many 5-star ratings and reviews as Candice so will almost certainly be higher!

I can understand why Idol doesn't want Angie to chart higher than Kree and Candice but seriously its Angie's song, she wrote it, she's probably got a recording contract by now so how can Idol stop it from charting?

Angie tweeted:
So sad #YouSetMeFree isn't able to chart right now :/ I hope it will be able to soon!! =)

hope they can sort it out soon because this could kickstart her career and get her more recognized outside of Idol!

Comments

• WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why should it be able to chart though? She didnt even make the final. Most years we dont even get to hear the third place winner single.
  • clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why should it be able to chart though? She didnt even make the final. Most years we dont even get to hear the third place winner single.

but it wasn't a winners single, it is her song which she wrote personally, if she'd got a record deal and they have released 'her' song, why shouldn't it be able to chart? she'll only put it on her album when it comes out anyway. people are buying it, if a song is selling lots of copies it should be on the charts. if it sells 50,000 but is unable to chart, thats not fair on Angie, it is her song.
  • peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even worse, they spelt her name wrong, so people couldn't even find it :rolleyes:
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clarky323 wrote: »
    but it wasn't a winners single, it is her song which she wrote personally, if she'd got a record deal and they have released 'her' song, why shouldn't it be able to chart? she'll only put it on her album when it comes out anyway. people are buying it, if a song is selling lots of copies it should be on the charts. if it sells 50,000 but is unable to chart, thats not fair on Angie, it is her song.

I think you will find its as much american idols, as it is hers. She wrote the lyrics and piano for it, but the whole production has nothing to do with her. It also IS her winners single. She chose that song from a list of available songs she could use as her winners single.