Options

9200T unable to read drive using humaxrw

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
Hi,

I have a 9200T that I recently decided to upgrade the disk drive size using a SATA drive and IDE conversion kit.

The new drive seems to work fine in the humax. It formats in seconds (perhaps too quickly) but am able to record and playback.

Using a usb kit I was able to copy the files from the old drive to a pc drive using humaxrw.

However, when I try and view or copy files to the new drive using the same pc kit and humaxrw it does not work.

If I try and scan the new drive with humaxrw -l 1: I get the following error:

"Partition 0:invalid argument"

Using humaxcheck -p -w 1: doesn't error and says partition table updated but doesnt fix the problem.

If I try to copy files to the drive I get a file allocation table error. "EPG partition - error in file allocation table 00003fe4 0000000000 0000000000"

humaxcheck -f -w 1: gives the same error.

The drive hasn't initialized in windows but I can see it in disk management.

I'm hoping somebody can point out where I'm going wrong..

Thanks,

James

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Any thoughts from anybody gratefully received.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anybody able to help on this one?

I've put the drive back into the humax and reformatted (again taking only a second or so to format)

I'm still getting the same errors when using humaxrw.

Humaxcheck -a -w 1: hangs after listing a number of invalid file types and deleted indexes.

XYZ321 if you're able to offer advice that would be great.
  • Options
    JohnH77JohnH77 Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Jimbo
    FWIW this is what I did http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1631210 and http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1413011 - see 27 and 30
    There are quite a lot of posts relating to the humaxrw software - I trust you have searched on humaxrw

Might it be worth while initialising the disk on the PC and seeing if it looks good? Then put it back in the Humax, format it, record half a dozen programme clips, then try to copy files back to it.