Now this is more like it ! ALL THE DOCTORS IN ONE PRODUCTION

2»

Comments

• gslam2gslam2 Posts: 1,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also coming from Big Finish for the 50th a Main Range trilogy with stories for the 5th, 6th & 7th Doctor's - all set in 1963 and the 7th Doctor will be meeting the Rememberance Of The Daleks supporting cast (who got their own Big Finish spin off last year - Counter Measures)

Plus a Companion Chronicles trilogy featuring Terry Malloy as a time lord called Stoyn. Part one is a First Doctor & Susan story showing their first ever journey in the TARDIS. The second has the Second Doctor, Jamie & Zoe in a story linked to The War Games and the third is a 4th Doctor & Romana story which was originally supposed to feature both Romana's but Mary Tamm was too ill to record it, they've rewritten it to make it a tribute to her but it's not clear who will be in it.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,056
    Forum Member
    gslam2 wrote: »
    . . and the third is a 4th Doctor & Romana story which was originally supposed to feature both Romana's but Mary Tamm was too ill to record it, they've rewritten it to make it a tribute to her but it's not clear who will be in it.

Tom and Lalla in the same story?
  • gslam2gslam2 Posts: 1,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know - that would seem to be one possibility and maybe the reason they aren't being clear. Technically they wouldn't even need to record their parts on the same day but it would still be a big surprise if that were to be the case.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I personally think Moffat will cock the whole thing up' i just hope he isn't writing it!
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.j. wrote: »
    I personally think Moffat will cock the whole thing up' i just hope he isn't writing it!

prepare yourself for a mighty disappointment then
  • WhoMadWhoMad Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    Tom Baker who's nearly 80, has already stated. For him it would be wrong to be part of the 50th anniversary shows, quoting his age.

Ummm no he didn't!! He actually said he would be interested but it would all depend on what the script is like. He said he owes it to the fans who have been so loyal over the years.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun was it's usual accurate self today by announcing that the Doctor Who 50th Special to be written by Steven Moffat is to be called ... The Light at the End.

Some great thorough journalism there.
  • CraigpughCraigpugh Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless it's all a great cover up. Would the people running Big Finish be loyal/ helpful/ avid fans enough to agree to get all these actors together under the pretext of doing their audio, but it really be for something to do with the TV show?

*hopes squeefully)*

That's my theory for this New Zealand 'convention' trip which i read Davison, Baker, Mccoy, Mcgan are all off to at co-incidentally filming time...
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craigpugh wrote: »
    Unless it's all a great cover up. Would the people running Big Finish be loyal/ helpful/ avid fans enough to agree to get all these actors together under the pretext of doing their audio, but it really be for something to do with the TV show?

*hopes squeefully)*

That's my theory for this New Zealand 'convention' trip which i read Davison, Baker, Mccoy, Mcgan are all off to at co-incidentally filming time...

I've paid the 40 quid for the limited edition of the audio and I hope it's not all a ruse. ;)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Doctors aren't all being pulled to the present in BF. So it's still easily a possibility in the TV show.
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Who cares about any of that? It's the 50th! Anything goes and it should be a true celebration and one last hurrah for most of the Doctors!

And look at Time Crash. Moffat could of made it work.

Doesn't the 10 year old inside you scream of excitement at the idea of an episode called "The Eleven Doctors"? Think of all of the children who have made their own version of such an episode with their action figures. Imagine how it would of made them feel.

It certainly makes me excited! I agree that the 50th anniversary should be (or at least include) a last hurrah for most of the former Doctors. As has been said earlier in this thread, I could see Sean Pertwee in a fitting tribute to his father.

However, whilst Tom Baker is in his late 70s, aren't people forgetting that we kind of did see an older 4th Doctor once? Have we all forgotten The Leisure Hive? :D