The Originals (Vampire Diaries Spinoff) Discussion Thread

Comments

• Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Beakerange wrote: »
    Sorry that this is out of sequence but I have only just discovered TO (I have never seen TVD) and I have just watched S1 Ep12 Dance Back from the Grave and I was really disappointed with it (I think I have a bee in my bonnet that I thought the character Thierry had suddenly gone really weak and rubbish when I thought he could have real vengeful potential) and it made me think is each week just about the Originals always winning, regardless of what they do, because they cannot be killed etc etc as I think it may become really boring???
    Whilst it is true, the family always come out on top (thus far) it's not as black and white as that. There are allegiances (both internal, and external) and not only that, but the story isn't only about the Original family anymore. It's also about Witches and Wolves.

It's like the 100 show; it's no longer about just the 100, it's about everyone. Think of the Originals as a mere show title. There's more to the show than just them. :)
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ep 16 save my soul. Klaus invites Freya to the compound to ask about her life with Dahlia. I suspect he is going to try and trap her somehow. He must think she is a spy.

Rebekah thinks her host is trying yo take over and Marcel goes to Finn of all people to help. Kol had to prepare her body so I wonder if it would require him 5o put it right.

Aiden apparently is questioning Jacksons leadership.

Plus Daniel Gillie's character has been blown up on Saving Hope so he is free to be full time on TO. It must have been really hard for him to do 2 shows and give 100% to each.
    Forum Member
    Plus Daniel Gillie's character has been blown up on Saving Hope so he is free to be full time on TO. It must have been really hard for him to do 2 shows and give 100% to each.
    He was blown up on this show too, just in this case, the character happens to be a vampire that can fully heal. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is interesting news. Claudia Black has been cast as Dahlia. I did like the original actress but I suppose they would have to age her. I haven't seen her since Farscape but she is a good actress.
    Forum Member
    This is interesting news. Claudia Black has been cast as Dahlia. I did like the original actress but I suppose they would have to age her. I haven't seen her since Farscape but she is a good actress.
    Last I saw her, was in Stargate (Seasons 9 & 10 I do believe), but that was some years ago now. She is a good actress, I'll agree, though I've only ever seen her play good (or unstable) characters. It'll be interesting to see her as an evil witch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Last I saw her, was in Stargate (Seasons 9 & 10 I do believe), but that was some years ago now. She is a good actress, I'll agree, though I've only ever seen her play good (or unstable) characters. It'll be interesting to see her as an evil witch.

She is first seen in ep 16 save my soul. I think she is recounting her past to Klaus. Anyway we see Mikael with his hands around Freya's throat. The producers preview mentioned how Mikael used to be a caring dad. Having Freya back might bring him back from a monster which would be interesting.
  • superspooky123superspooky123 Posts: 3,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the new episode like that Freya has now met Elijah and Klaus really enjoying her. Intrigued by Rebekah's storyline can't wait to see where it goes, glad that Finn has been dealt with for now maybe we'll see the original him again. Not reall bothered by the Jackson/Hayley stuff but liked the Elijah/Gia hook up.
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed the new episode like that Freya has now met Elijah and Klaus really enjoying her. Intrigued by Rebekah's storyline can't wait to see where it goes, glad that Finn has been dealt with for now maybe we'll see the original him again. Not reall bothered by the Jackson/Hayley stuff but liked the Elijah/Gia hook up.
    I get the distinct impression that Klaus will end up alienating himself.

He's pushed out Elijah (again), and you can see that he's pushing Hayley away with his acting around the wolfpack, and now he's trying to turn the wolf leadership around from within. He's back to his old tricks.

I too am curious where they're going to go with Becky; they can't put her back in to her original body cause Claire (actress) seemingly can't dedicate to the show. I like the new actress more (more charisma) but if she's got a Witch inside her that's eager to get out, that could cause complications. I do believe the actress in question is in the new Star Wars film too, so if she makes it big there, I doubt she'll stick around for a tv appearance - so they might need to jump Becky again?

As for Finn; I can't see his original body coming back into play, I don't think the actor has had anything to do with the show since his departure (unlike Nate - the guy who originally played Kol). The new guy that plays Finn is excellent, though he now has his witch-self back - I hope we don't lose that actor to the background though, cause as stated, he's a good guy to have around (charisma, dynamic and acting ability in one).

I'm waiting for the next interaction between Mike and Klaus. It's been their (mutual) intention to rip each other apart, but now he's running errands for Freya to take out Dahlia, and at some point him and Klaus are going to meet again. I ponder (cause I think the guy playing Mikael has been cast on another show too) whether Klaus will ... sacrifice him somehow - resulting in making an enemy of Freya.

So much could happen. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the distinct impression that Klaus will end up alienating himself.

He's pushed out Elijah (again), and you can see that he's pushing Hayley away with his acting around the wolfpack, and now he's trying to turn the wolf leadership around from within. He's back to his old tricks.

I too am curious where they're going to go with Becky; they can't put her back in to her original body cause Claire (actress) seemingly can't dedicate to the show. I like the new actress more (more charisma) but if she's got a Witch inside her that's eager to get out, that could cause complications. I do believe the actress in question is in the new Star Wars film too, so if she makes it big there, I doubt she'll stick around for a tv appearance - so they might need to jump Becky again?

As for Finn; I can't see his original body coming back into play, I don't think the actor has had anything to do with the show since his departure (unlike Nate - the guy who originally played Kol). The new guy that plays Finn is excellent, though he now has his witch-self back - I hope we don't lose that actor to the background though, cause as stated, he's a good guy to have around (charisma, dynamic and acting ability in one).

I'm waiting for the next interaction between Mike and Klaus. It's been their (mutual) intention to rip each other apart, but now he's running errands for Freya to take out Dahlia, and at some point him and Klaus are going to meet again. I ponder (cause I think the guy playing Mikael has been cast on another show too) whether Klaus will ... sacrifice him somehow - resulting in making an enemy of Freya.

So much could happen. :o

We haven't seen Davina for a while. She still has Kols dagger. I really think Klaus will be daggered by the end of the season.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode to come back with. Freya really does command the screen when she is on. Interesting to see if Mikael is working with her or is being controlled by her. I'm inclined to believe they are humanising him more now he has his daughter back. The thing with Rebecca is interesting. Namely, how she is being controlled when others like Fin, Kol and Esther could enter a body and have no issues whatsoever. Is this witch supposed to be super powerful? more than the witches taken by the other family members? I would think even Kol and Fin were newbs when they began so it can't be because she is a newb to the witch thing, also she's been weaker at time earlier on and hasn't been taken over...or was that because the exposition hadn't been yet at those earlier times to tell us about her therefor she did not exist during those weaker times?
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    The thing with Rebecca is interesting. Namely, how she is being controlled when others like Fin, Kol and Esther could enter a body and have no issues whatsoever. Is this witch supposed to be super powerful?
    It was stated in the episode that the Witch Rebecca is inhabiting has managed to acquire the magic of other witches by killing them (or putting them into a form of sleep); she's probably using dark magic of some sort, I doubt the witches that Kol and/or Finn inhabited use that magic, and thus aren't capable of breaking free.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have missed that. I thought she was just a child killer who was hated by the local community and ousted by the witches of NO
    Forum Member
    Interesting episode, Klaus is still as arrogant as he is known to be, though I suppose in his mind he's being as cautious as he needs to be, but too cautious? Will his arrogance be his downfall?

And allegiances, specifically that of Freya and Vincent; they're no longer on the same page, but there's got to be more to Freya than what's been revealed to us, and Vincent; there's got to be more between him and his (ex) wife too. Is he truly distancing himself from her, and making a new life, or is he actually aligned with her, and waiting for the moment to strike? Likewise, the same argument can be said of Freya; is she biding her time, waiting for Dahila to assist her (or to use Dahila's power and take baby Hope for herself) or is she genuinely out for revenge?

If their big plan is to kill off Dahlia, it'll be interesting how they go about that, seeing as apparently, neither Dahlia or Freya can be killed at this point. I'm pondering also whether Freya will inevitability fill the void of Rebeka, I can't see Rebeka sticking around long-term, not in her new body anyway (I've mentioned that before) and I think it's safe to say that Claire is done with the show. I suppose if they kill her off, she'll die as a witch so there's a chance (alike Kol) that they can bring her back at a later point, and in a brand new body (rather than a possessed one)? Maybe that can go down a route that if a witch were to inhabit the body of someone who has just died, then they become that body (rather than simply inhabit it)?

Speaking of Eva (his ex wife), I get the distinct impression that she's somehow practicing the same dark magic that Dahlia is, seeing how both of them need to draw on other witches to increase their power.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your theory with the magic styles would be very interesting parralels between the two stories. It would also be a good twist with the "evil you know" between the Originals and Finn. By removing him they opened themselves up to a worse evil now they have "reunited" Vincent and Eva. So much so I think we will see Finn inserted back into Vincent by the season end. Not sure I care too much for the whole wolf side to the story, Jackson especially is a bit of a wet drip.

As for how to kill her...I think there is a very obvious and easy way to kill her. Throw the balance off. Turn her. You cannot be a witch and a Vampire and the Vampire will always overpower the witch aspect as seen with Esther so they turn Dahlia and then rip out her heart. Too easy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From next weeks promo it looks like Eva is trying to kill Vincent. I liked his chemistry with Cami. It is how they were when Finn was pretending.

I liked Eva using Davina. Perhaps she is used and this is how Klaus gets daggered. I still say that is what is going to happen. I can actually see Hope being taken. That would be a classic cliffhanger at the end of this season: everything has been about protecting Hope and it is a failure. I can't see her remaining a baby.

I did have one thought. Freya's 'son' was about to be born. I wonder if Dahlia actually took him. That would be interesting.
    Forum Member
    So much so I think we will see Finn inserted back into Vincent by the season end.
    See, I'm not so sure about this. The guy who plays Finn/Vincent seemingly does an excellent job whoever he is playing, and I think they'll use that to now push Vincent along. Finn is a loose cannon, and ultimately if Freya suddenly turned around and said "lets help our brothers" I'm not sure he would do.

I think they need to keep Finn away for a little bit, then have him turn up in a new host. I'd much rather they have Kol and Finn (and inevitably Rebeka) reborn rather than continuously body jumping.
    As for how to kill her...I think there is a very obvious and easy way to kill her. Throw the balance off. Turn her. You cannot be a witch and a Vampire and the Vampire will always overpower the witch aspect as seen with Esther so they turn Dahlia and then rip out her heart. Too easy?
    Seems too easy, yeah. We don't know the full extent of her healing ability, though I ponder whether the loss of her heart (or head) would be enough to get the job done; they'd just have to all get close enough to do it.

Speaking of Esther though, where is she? Surely if Finn has been stopped in his tracks, then she should awaken?
    From next weeks promo it looks like Eva is trying to kill Vincent. I liked his chemistry with Cami. It is how they were when Finn was pretending.
    Interesting. Maybe Vincent was the one who reported her to the coven? That being the case, he's a good guy.
    I liked Eva using Davina. Perhaps she is used and this is how Klaus gets daggered. I still say that is what is going to happen. I can actually see Hope being taken. That would be a classic cliffhanger at the end of this season: everything has been about protecting Hope and it is a failure. I can't see her remaining a baby.
    I agree with you on the latter, but I don't think it'll be Davina who'll use the Dagger. My money is on either Elijah, or Hayley, and it'll be because Klaus (in his arrogance) is the reason Dahlia manages to capture baby Hope.

If Dahlia does do that though, and runs off with the child, I'm not seeing the show remaining in New Orleans. Surely Dahlia wouldn't return, steal a child and then set up home in the middle of her enemies? Would be a bit of a stupid move, at least until she had settled the new child.
    I did have one thought. Freya's 'son' was about to be born. I wonder if Dahlia actually took him. That would be interesting.
    It would be a brilliant twist, further adding to Freya's agony, but then you'd not think Dahlia would be so concerned with Freya. It's interesting though, and (with this show) would come as no surprise. I could see Dahlia using Freya's son as leverage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See, I'm not so sure about this. The guy who plays Finn/Vincent seemingly does an excellent job whoever he is playing, and I think they'll use that to now push Vincent along. Finn is a loose cannon, and ultimately if Freya suddenly turned around and said "lets help our brothers" I'm not sure he would do.

I think they need to keep Finn away for a little bit, then have him turn up in a new host. I'd much rather they have Kol and Finn (and inevitably Rebeka) reborn rather than continuously body jumping.

Seems too easy, yeah. We don't know the full extent of her healing ability, though I ponder whether the loss of her heart (or head) would be enough to get the job done; they'd just have to all get close enough to do it.

Speaking of Esther though, where is she? Surely if Finn has been stopped in his tracks, then she should awaken?

Interesting. Maybe Vincent was the one who reported her to the coven? That being the case, he's a good guy.

I agree with you on the latter, but I don't think it'll be Davina who'll use the Dagger. My money is on either Elijah, or Hayley, and it'll be because Klaus (in his arrogance) is the reason Dahlia manages to capture baby Hope.

If Dahlia does do that though, and runs off with the child, I'm not seeing the show remaining in New Orleans. Surely Dahlia wouldn't return, steal a child and then set up home in the middle of her enemies? Would be a bit of a stupid move, at least until she had settled the new child.

It would be a brilliant twist, further adding to Freya's agony, but then you'd not think Dahlia would be so concerned with Freya. It's interesting though, and (with this show) would come as no surprise. I could see Dahlia using Freya's son as leverage.

We have to look forward. Hope being on the 'other side' to her dad would be the best as regards drama. That could mean with the wolves or witches. It also depends if Claudia wants to commit to a 22 episode series. Still I am really interested to see how this all pans out. Perhaps Freya knows D has her son and that is the rest of the story that Klaus thinks she is hiding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just read an interesting article which said that Freya's child may not be dead after all. Apparently a casting call has gone out for an adult to stand in for a child actor. That could of course be the adult Hope. If it is Freya's child then it would be a young adult if kept in a similar sleeping curse. We have seen that unborn babies can be delivered even if the mother has died. Dahlia has great power. I can't believe she couldn't take it.

It would mean she would have leverage over Freya.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read an interesting article which said that Freya's child may not be dead after all. Apparently a casting call has gone out for an adult to stand in for a child actor. That could of course be the adult Hope. If it is Freya's child then it would be a young adult if kept in a similar sleeping curse. We have seen that unborn babies can be delivered even if the mother has died. Dahlia has great power. I can't believe she couldn't take it.

It would mean she would have leverage over Freya.

I would think they'd wrapped up production awhile ago. I doubt a recent casting call went out.
    Forum Member
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I would think they'd wrapped up production awhile ago. I doubt a recent casting call went out.
    Season #3?
    Forum Member
    Hmm, so it would appear Klaus is somewhat right in his mistrust of Freya, but she's still not with Dahlia (or at least we don't think she is?) - the thing is though, we know just how dysfunctional this family is, so alliances will be made and broken, though it'll be interesting to see Freya try to turn Rebekah and Elijah against Klaus. I suppose we'll be seeing Finn again too, cause we all know he's support every move Freya makes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoMo has been reading tweets suggesting that Freya is the female Klaus and he agrees with that. He also said that some people think he has become ' sensitive'. I don't think he likes Klaus becoming ' soft' . He says that fans should be prepared for Klaus to do something terrible at the end of the season. I think it all ties in with Freya saying to Klaus the 'where has everyone gone'. She knows now that Klaus needs family but won't admit it. We saw in TVD his storing his family in coffins and his upset when they were stolen. He doesn't want to be alone but fears they will turn on him. Freya will use that as a self fulfilling prophecy by goading him into doing things that will leave him isolated.

They are also going to show more of the past between Esther and Dahlia. I suspect she too was an illegitimate child. She doesn't look like Esther. That would account for her bitterness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems that she is indeed against Dahlia but also has her own agenda for wanting to get rid of Klaus. Mind you only in this family could you go from "He won't trust me" to "I must kill him" lol :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems that she is indeed against Dahlia but also has her own agenda for wanting to get rid of Klaus. Mind you only in this family could you go from "He won't trust me" to "I must kill him" lol :)

I don't think Freya wants to kill Klaus as she would have done it by now. I really liked how she went along with the manacles. She knows how powerful she is and doesn't have to prove it. Looking into Klaus's mind she just found out how paranoid he is. She must now know that he killed his real dad out of fear and that he can't trust anyone. He has daggered all his siblings at some point. Freya is going to succeed in isolating him. I really wonder what this terrible thing is that Klaus does. I think he will murder Josephine's witches as he will feel threatened by Feya joining forces with them. I also think he will kill Jackson and the wolves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »

Jus read an article which mentioned atweet by JoMo. He said they were back tonight ( ie Monday) and that he was filming . Hence they can't be that far ahead. He also said that in a read through Daniel said that the episode was the best episode for Klaus ever written. I think this is the penultimate episode.