Poor Nadine

124»

Comments

• Options
    Mona LocaMona Loca Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiggi wrote: »
    When it comes to voices, I prefer Sarah or Nicola's. That is just my opinion though.

Nicola's, yes, definitely but Sarah is like Cheryl, she can't sing live to save her life but at least Cheryl has a good tone that comes across on recordings.
    Blondie X wrote: »
    In my office, they were pretty unanimous in voting Kimberley as top girl in GA. Tbh, I don't think Nadine got a mention

No one I know, male or female, rates Kimberley at all. Either because they think her figure is dumpy or because they think her face is piggy. Either way, the usual comment is "out of proportion".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Mona Loca wrote: »
    Nicola's, yes, definitely but Sarah is like Cheryl, she can't sing live to save her life but at least Cheryl has a good tone that comes across on recordings.

No one I know, male or female, rates Kimberley at all. Either because they think her figure is dumpy or because they think her face is piggy. Either way, the usual comment is "out of proportion".

I think Kimberley is stunning!
  • Options
    Mona LocaMona Loca Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Athena14 wrote: »
    I think Kimberley is stunning!

Each to their own.

Stunning? No but at best I think she's pretty. I'm only reporting what the opinion of those I know who have ever stated a preference is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Each to their own.

Stunning? No but at best I think she's pretty. I'm only reporting what the opinion of those I know who have ever stated a preference is.

That's what's so great about beauty being in the eye of the beholder. The world would be a boring place otherwise :)
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's weird, the vast majority that I speak to say either Cheryl is the only decent one, or they put Kimberley ahead of Cheryl.

I don't buy this 'women rule our perception' crap. On another forum that I'm a member of you have men from all across the world. The ones that didn't know her said she's ultra pretty, some even added she was too good looking to be British, and didn't look it.
    Nothing to do with their readership considering her to be a bit rough/cheap/dirty, of course.

No I don't think so. Reaching number 2 and top 10 all the time can't be just on reputation alone, what's more significant is that it was 2003-2007 when she wasn't very famous at all. No sign of her bandmates anywhere near her either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing to do with their readership considering her to be a bit rough/cheap/dirty, of course.

It isn't and they don't.

Hardly surprising really, given that Nicole lives in Los Angeles.

Halle Berry has won it as well and I wouldnt class her a rough,cheap, dirty.

The general consensus of my friends since the inception of girls aloud it that Cheryl is the hottest. At work Cheryl is always a topic of conversation as she does seem to get hotter. Each to there own though. Different strokes
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but during 03-07 she was the most high profile GA member.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Women hate Nadine because they are jealous of her legs.

While most women can't compete with Cheryl's face, they can at least compete with her stumpy little legs.
  • Options
    BlueMoodBlueMood Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    I don't buy this 'women rule our perception' crap. On another forum that I'm a member of you have men from all across the world. The ones that didn't know her said she's ultra pretty, some even added she was too good looking to be British, and didn't look it.

My mum is Spanish and Cheryl not only has a Mediterranean look about her but the type of features that Spaniards tend to find pretty - i.e. fine features and small bone structure as opposed to button noses, big lips, oval faces, etc.

She has never been to aware of Girls Aloud (the Spice Girls, Take That and "the two groups of Irish boys" are the extent of her vocal group knowledge) but when Cheryl started as judge on X Factor, I instantly expected her to say how pretty she wasn but nothing was forthcoming. Some weeks down the line, I said "Isn't she pretty?" and the response was "Not particularly". Funnily enough, the same goes for several other of my relatives which I wasn't expecting.

No thanks. They're shapeless.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all Nadines fault that she isn't successful. You would have hoped the core Girls Aloud fan base would have bought her album but 6,000 copies or whatever it was is absolutely shocking.

She had no one else but to blame but herself.
  • Options
    GhostlyMaryGhostlyMary Posts: 339
    Forum Member

While most women can't compete with Cheryl's face, they can at least compete with her stumpy little legs.

Cheryl's legs are hardly stumpy. There is less difference in height between them than would appear and most of that is back length.

Nadine's legs just look a lot longer because of their shape. Cheryl has had dancer's legs from an early age and the extra muscle development makes them look more stocky and therefore much shorter than Nadine's straight up and down legs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueMood wrote: »
    My mum is Spanish and Cheryl not only has a Mediterranean look about her but the type of features that Spaniards tend to find pretty - i.e. fine features and small bone structure as opposed to button noses, big lips, oval faces, etc.

She has never been to aware of Girls Aloud (the Spice Girls, Take That and "the two groups of Irish boys" are the extent of her vocal group knowledge) but when Cheryl started as judge on X Factor, I instantly expected her to say how pretty she wasn but nothing was forthcoming. Some weeks down the line, I said "Isn't she pretty?" and the response was "Not particularly". Funnily enough, the same goes for several other of my relatives which I wasn't expecting.

No thanks. They're shapeless.

So do they find her unattractive. Or just not that pretty? As their is a difference. I dont think Jennifer Aniston is that pretty but she is attractive.
  • Options
    BlueMoodBlueMood Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    tokenator wrote: »
    So do they find her unattractive. Or just not that pretty? As their is a difference. I dont think Jennifer Aniston is that pretty but she is attractive.

No, not unattractive, just not startlingly pretty or anything else to make a comment about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nadines legs are horrible. They always make me feel sick looking at them. They're far too skinny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    durrtyabe wrote: »
    Guys, the industry isnt about talent, it's about marketing, and money

Cheryl has made lots of wise decisions, namely by auditioning for the Heartbreaker video as a dancer. It was originally Will and some random singer, but when she auditioned to dance, they asked her to sing, and thats how they built up the relationship

Also, Cheryl's albums are manufactured to the max, which always has the best sales potential

Nadine herself said 'its great to release an album independently, as you have full control' - and thats just not feasible

many singers have that over-proud attitude, but the industry is about money first

So its up to her to decide whats better? Makin a 100% Nadine album with 100 copies and a failed tour, or sacrifice some creative control for the benefit of label support [promotion, distribution etc]

Thats why I HATE the term sellout! Esp later in your career, and in an industry like music, you have to let labels take some control if ye wanna get paid

Also, Nadine has had the most con-Girls Aloud press of the lot of them, and I doubt shes the performer Cheryl is

I agree with a lot of what you said here. However, what is Nadine's next move going to be to boost her solo career?

Sure, she can make another great album and take full control by releasing it on an independent album. However, surely she will feel totally discouraged as inevitably it will only sell as little or even worse than her first solo attempt. So there isn't really much point!

Another problem for Nadine now is that major record labels will be less inclined to sign her seeing what a flop she has been.

It's kinda tragic cause Nadine has such a powerful voice.

Nadine is a lot more private than the other girls. However, this shows that the public want to get a sense of the personality of the artists they support. However, do we really know Nadine at all?
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Nadines legs are horrible. They always make me feel sick looking at them. They're far too skinny.

Totally agree - they look like a couple of matchsticks with the wood scraped off :)
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nadine flopped because she's just a nice girl who wants to sing. She tends to keep herself to herself when she doesn't have anything to promote and doesn't like doing promotion just for the sake of it, hence why she isn't in some of the GA shows. Fifteen or even ten years ago, this would be seen as having integrity but in this day and age of celebs running to the papers everytime they burp, Nadine is seen as stuck up and cold. She doesn't evoke a strong enough reaction to get people really talking about her.

Love her or loathe her, Cheryl divides opinion and gets people talking about her. Her media profile is fed just as much by detractors as it is admirers (she's like Katie Price in that way) and the tabloids exploit this. They paint Cheryl as a Sweetheart, which infuriates people who knew the gobby aggressive chav and it convinces the admirers that everyone is jealous of St Cheryl of Can-Do-No-Wrongsville. Both sides engage in a never ending war of words, trying to convince the other that Cheryl is either Cruella Deville or the new Princess Di and all ever really happens is Cheryl gets more publicity and more sales, as her admirers flock to buy her albums/books/shampoo etc in the belief that they are supporting their Princess and in the process sticking it to the vile jealous h8a's. Increased sales leads to increased media attention and the whole cycle starts again. The only real constant in this is that Cheryl gets richer and in a few years when the media bubble bursts and is moved on to someone else, she won't care about what anyone has been saying about her, as she will be laughing all the way to the bank.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nadine flopped because she's just a nice girl who wants to sing. She tends to keep herself to herself when she doesn't have anything to promote and doesn't like doing promotion just for the sake of it, hence why she isn't in some of the GA shows. Fifteen or even ten years ago, this would be seen as having integrity but in this day and age of celebs running to the papers everytime they burp, Nadine is seen as stuck up and cold. She doesn't evoke a strong enough reaction to get people really talking about her.

Love her or loathe her, Cheryl divides opinion and gets people talking about her. Her media profile is fed just as much by detractors as it is admirers (she's like Katie Price in that way) and the tabloids exploit this. They paint Cheryl as a Sweetheart, which infuriates people who knew the gobby aggressive chav and it convinces the admirers that everyone is jealous of St Cheryl of Can-Do-No-Wrongsville. Both sides engage in a never ending war of words, trying to convince the other that Cheryl is either Cruella Deville or the new Princess Di and all ever really happens is Cheryl gets more publicity and more sales, as her admirers flock to buy her albums/books/shampoo etc in the belief that they are supporting their Princess and in the process sticking it to the vile jealous h8a's. Increased sales leads to increased media attention and the whole cycle starts again. The only real constant in this is that Cheryl gets richer and in a few years when the media bubble bursts and is moved on to someone else, she won't care about what anyone has been saying about her, as she will be laughing all the way to the bank.

I agree with all of the above. I previously said that having haters actually means artists are popular these days. And Cheryl appears to have a growing number of haters...

Whereas, Nadine evokes no interest one way or another.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slojo wrote: »
    Totally agree - they look like a couple of matchsticks with the wood scraped off :)

LOL!

She doesn't look healthy. If anyone has an eating disorder it's her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FernandoM wrote: »
    I feel sorry for her. She was the voice of Girls Aloud. However, her efforts to be a solo star have flopped miserably while Cheryl, clearly an inferior singer, goes from strength to strength in her career.

Same happened with Robbie. Same will happen this year too. You don't have to be the best singer or hit the highest notes to become a star. "A good voice does not a career make." You need the X factor.

Cheryl has it. The end.
  • Options
    Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh,I have never been a huge fan of Nadine's but it's not because of Cheryl. A lot of people will say that Cheryl is to blame for GA not getting back together,but if I remember correctly Nadine moved to LA back BEFORE Cheryl was even on Xfactor. I think it was during Passions Of Girls Aloud and Nadine was in LA(I THINK??) but refused to be filmed.

I always thought this was very strange. Even before Cheryl started carving a career for herself as a solo star, it was Nadine that made the FIRST move. Her not doing the Passions programme was the first step of her distancing herself from the girls. It was as if Hilary called her up,said "There's a Passions documentery with ITV,Nadine. The rest of the girls are doing it? You up for it?" To which Nadine might have said "Yeah,you know,I'll think I'll give it a miss,sorry, it's really not my kind of thing" < A conversation like that more than likely took place between Nadine and Hilary(or someone else from the girls' management.

Even if Nadine was in LA(again,I can't rem if she was in LA when the Passions was filmed) it wouldn't have been hard to have the camera crew come stateside to film,Cheryl allowed the camera crew to follow her to America when she was shooting the video for Heartbreaker,so why should it have been different for Nadine if she was in LA at that time?

A lot of people have said Nadine is the VOICE of GA,but tbh,I reckon she's overrated. No doubt people will attack me over this. She's a good singer yes,but Nicola and Cheryl,YES CHERYL,are as just as good and even though I would miss Nadine(she has been there from the start after all), I reckon if Girls Aloud were to come back as a four piece,they would manage perfectly without Nadine. Nicola has a brill voice and Cheryl has the most distinctive voice so they'd definitely be able to be the two lead singers. It'd be really strange at first,I admit,but if Nadine refuses to come back,then I reckon if they do get back without her,it WOULD work.

As for 'Poor Nadine' it seems to me she isn't quite the innocent victim as she has led us to believe. She has said in interviews that Cheryl never called her while she was in hospital fighting malaria. She said "Maybe she was busy or something" Er,yeah,Nadine! Busy FIGHTING FOR HER LIFE! I really don't know if she's jealous of Cheryl but it must hurt to see Cheryl's career going from stength to strength while her debut album and single flop... I don't dislike Nadine,I feel sorry for her that her album and single flopped and I hope,just for her,that the next single does at least get into the top 10, would be nice for her.

So,back to the thread title. I don't agree with her being potrayed as 'Poor Nadine'. It's like she's a saint on here and Cheryl's the devil! Nowt wrong with Nadine,but there are two sides to every story.

Oh and before you ask,YES, I have read both Cheryl and Nadine's sides to the story and I prefer Cheryl,always will,even if I wasn't a fan I would still believe that Nadine will be more likely to split the band up,despite Cheryl having a huge profile in the UK. I think once Cheryl is finished with the Xfactor and releasing solo stuff,etc.. she would be willing to get back together,but Nadine is in LA and she seems pretty happy there,does no favours to her that she's never pictured with the girls(like when @welovepop tweeted a pic of all the girls(bar Nadine) backstage with Cheryl after her performing of Promise This

Long post,but that's my take on things :)
    Agree or Disagree,that's my honest opinion! :D
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not a case of Cheryl having TXF its a case of Simon going beyond the call of duty to make it happen for her. I have never seen anything like it; Simon pays more attention to Cheryl than the artists on his label.

Cheryl hasn't as yet moved to LA (if that is even true) and this time it would be her rather than Nadine who would be holding GA back, she wont be going back and GA should just reform without her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl will reform with Girls Aloud.

Nicola, Kimberley and Sarah are her best friends.

Nadine won't.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Cheryl will reform with Girls Aloud.

Nicola, Kimberley and Sarah are her best friends.

Nadine won't.
    No they're not. Cheryl only trusts her Mum and her dogs ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    as far as i can remember during popstars the rivals - weren't nadine and kimberely best of friends. they were the closest out of the goup.
    I dont really like any of the GA members but i never remember nadine being stuck up or arrogant. However, i did always think cheryl was the prettiest.
    i think it is a case that cheryl evokes a reaction - shes like marmite - u either love her or hate her whereas with nadine people are indifferent to her.
    However, i think when she was dating jesse metcalfe nadine seemed to be in magazines,etc alot more than any other members of the group.