Options

Protester Swings On The Cenotaph in London

Comments

• Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »

Producing a single photo, or brief Youtube clip is a standard tactic to try and prove the Police caused the trouble.

Anyone watching the live footage yesterday saw who caused the mayhem.
  • Options
    SecretSmilerSecretSmiler Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Producing a single photo, or brief Youtube clip is a standard tactic to try and prove the Police caused the trouble.

absolutely

I have photos (not from yesterday) showing a friend of mine in full riot gear with a protester, their face contorted with rage and anger about an inch away from friends face obviously trying to provoke a reaction. Scumbags spring to mind
  • Options
    JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member

Ah Deep Purple I wondered where you were !
    I saw scum with yellow coats, hard hats and batons attacking all and sundry. What programme were you watching ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JELLIES0 wrote: »
    Ah Deep Purple I wondered where you were !
    I saw scum with yellow coats, hard hats and batons attacking all and sundry. What programme were you watching ?

Well you would do with your blinkered vision specs.

Did you not see those attacking the Police with barriers, paint balls, snooker balls, golf balls, chunks of breeze block, sticks, bottles, metal poles etc.

Did you miss the mass destruction of property, the looting, and the attack on the car of the heir to the throne?

That was all the Police was it?
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    absolutely

I have photos (not from yesterday) showing a friend of mine in full riot gear with a protester, their face contorted with rage and anger about an inch away from friends face obviously trying to provoke a reaction. Scumbags spring to mind

Oh pity your poor friend in his full riot gear being 'looked at with venom' by a protestor, I trust he gave him a jolly good beating for having such cheek.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    What a disrespectful P**** who did this. Then some are seen writing on Statue of Winston Churchill. This is very upsetting. These kids havn't got a clue what our boys and girls are fighting for.
    Boys and girls? They are men and women. Don't be so disrespectful.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    I have no problem seeing the police use their batons. You take part in a violent disturbance and you get what you deserve.
  • Options
    tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well you would do with your blinkered vision specs.

Did you not see those attacking the Police with barriers, paint balls, snooker balls, golf balls, chunks of breeze block, sticks, bottles, metal poles etc.

Did you miss the mass destruction of property, the looting, and the attack on the car of the heir to the throne?

That was all the Police was it?

I have no love for the five-0 as you well know DP but you are correct. The Police did a bloody good job given what was happening around them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Boys and girls? They are men and women. Don't be so disrespectful.

It's not disrespectful. It's how they are known in military circles, and probably wider now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    I have no love for the five-0 as you well know DP but you are correct. The Police did a bloody good job given what was happening around them.

Thank you. I think they showed a great deal of restraint considering what was going on.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell is going in that the Police allow these people to run riot in our Capital?

If they were football hooligans they would have been given short shrift. What makes these oiks any different?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    late8 wrote: »
    Is it then fair as a fit and healthy TAX payer I pay for the NHS?

Is it not fair TAX payers (many higher payers have had University education) also pay for the future educated of the country. After all these people will be paying there taxes and looking after us when were older and so on and so on.

I'm sorry I would rather give my TAX to education than a £20billion War.

Awww...widdums.......

Did silly little teacher tell you life was "fair"?

Grow up, you might have a chance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cosmo wrote: »
    What the hell is going in that the Police allow these people to run riot in our Capital?

If they were football hooligans they would have been given short shrift. What makes these oiks any different?

They daren't because all the prats on message boards and in the media will criticise them for police brutality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think the Tomlinson, and Smellie cases has brought home to them just how much scrutiny they are under. There are more camera angles watching them than Match of the Day have.

The Policing was very restrained considering what they were up against.
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    They daren't because all the prats on message boards and in the media will criticise them for police brutality.

The critics get no heed from any sensible person.

Tear gas and water cannon next time.

Scatter them to the four corners of the country.
  • Options
    estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The critics get no heed from any sensible person.

Tear gas and water cannon next time.

Scatter them to the four corners of the country.

And advocates of police brutality get no heed from any sensible person either.
  • Options
    allfiredupallfiredup Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Winston Chruchill is NOT a national hero to some of the protestors??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allfiredup wrote: »

I doubt most of them know who he was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you. I think they showed a great deal of restraint considering what was going on.

I agree. I was receiving numerous messages from my non-police friends asking why the police weren't just wading into them. From facebook and other outlets there is a feeling that a lot of the public wanted the police to be more robust. Rubber bullets, tear gas and water cannons were being consistently mentioned.

The tactics used by British police in public order situations are some of the softest and most defensive in the world and Im proud of that.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So? Does that mean it's ok for them to consider their personal point of view as paramount and the view of thousands if not millions of others as irrelevant and run roughshod over them?
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And advocates of police brutality get no heed from any sensible person either.

QFT.

Certainly not, the names on the cenotaph were heroes, not the idiots who sent them there. (Applies to all politicians, power players, advocates of violence on either side of any issue).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So? Does that mean it's ok for them to consider their personal point of view as paramount and the view of thousands if not millions of others as irrelevant and run roughshod over them?

No. I never said it was.

I'm just saying maybe thats why.

If they were nazis for instance, defacing Winston statue may have been their main aim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QFT.

Certainly not, the names on the cenotaph were heroes, not the idiots who sent them there. (Applies to all politicians, power players, advocates of violence on either side of any issue).

If this is the opinion of Churchill the types we saw yesterday have, we may as well give up.

It was down to his leadership that we saw off the Nazis.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That shameful female student should be swinging from the Cenotaph by her ears, stupid middle class prat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QFT.

Stop picking holes. Its what it stands for.

And I didnt think it was Winston that sent them there. Didnt he come in after?

And are you saying we shouldnt have got involved in the nazi rampage?