Vodafone 18 Parential Restriction Filter

zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
Forum Member
✭✭
HI i have just bought a Vodafone dongle.. but i asked the sales women to take off the age restriction bar.. when i got home and started to use the dongle.. i was still bared from the 18 plus sites.. how can i take off the parental guidance 18 lock from my dongle.. thanks.

Comments

• JOEVILLEJOEVILLE Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just go into a Vodafone shop with some ID and it will be removed within 24 hours, take all the numbers that came with the packaging to be on the safe side.
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JOEVILLE wrote: »
    Just go into a Vodafone shop with some ID and it will be removed within 24 hours, take all the numbers that came with the packaging to be on the safe side.

As far as i know no other network of dongle have this 18 cert on them, have been into shop now twice, just had the restriction taken off, :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Hi zoepaulpenny

That's odd.

The bar actually lifts right away but it can sometimes take upto 24hrs for your SIM to recognise it. You would need to restart the device to see the change.

You can see how to lift the bar online here or any other way here.

If you experience any further difficulty, you can email me from here with a link to this thread and I'll investigate. When you send the email make sure you include the code WRT135 in the subject line so that it comes straight through to my team.

All the best for the New Year! :cool:

Kirsty
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi zoepaulpenny

That's odd.

The bar actually lifts right away but it can sometimes take upto 24hrs for your SIM to recognise it. You would need to restart the device to see the change.

You can see how to lift the bar online here or any other way here.

If you experience any further difficulty, you can email me from here with a link to this thread and I'll investigate. When you send the email make sure you include the code WRT135 in the subject line so that it comes straight through to my team.

All the best for the New Year! :cool:

Kirsty
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK

Thanks Kirsty for your post. i appreciate your time and response you are most generous.. the restriction has been taken off , so no further action is needed. but once again thank you very much for your time. you and your team are most kind. and may i wish you and your team a happy new year..
    paul..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Hi Paul

I'm glad it's sorted for you.

Give me a shout if I can ever help in the future! :)

Kirsty
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK