• occyoccy Posts: 65,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard and Judy.
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Telethon '88 those were the days.

Lol at Richard correcting Judy on where her desk used to be, she's probably used to it by now.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Ken in those clips surely you must interview Britain's longest running soap actor?
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh Heck :D:D BCR
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Corrie props store was interesting, imagine all the memories in there.

Funny they've still got Fred Eillott's extra wide coffin!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he already met his maker his body just kept going his mind wasn't alive that's for sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Granada shuts will that be the last itv studio to have the regional name on the front of it?
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I was wondering about Fred/William so forth. They we're probably in it originally. ITV done a pretty good edit job if they we're not 1 mention of them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    I was wondering about Fred/William so forth. They we're probably in it originally. ITV done a pretty good edit job if they we're not 1 mention of them

Quite shocking seeing as those Roache hasn't been found guilty of anything yet that they even obliterate his character.... Ken hasn't been accused of anything so there was no need not to mention the character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last show to be filmed is for the BBC hmmmm.
  • burnesideburneside Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The term Granadaland was, of course, the company's own invention to describe north west England, and one which my late father detested. Though I think he just disliked commercial television, and Granada in particular.
  • 6262 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    No Stuart Hall either!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burneside wrote: »
    The term Granadaland was, of course, the company's own invention to describe north west England, and one which my late father detested. Though I think he just disliked commercial television, and Granada in particular.

For many years Granadaland included North Wales & for a few years in the late afternoon ran a Welsh language 30 minute programme, Granada always ended with Nos Da at night shutdown.

When Teledu Cymru started a few years later,Granada stopped the Welsh Programme, and due to Moel Y Parcs site 75% of North East Wales lost all Welsh Language programmes.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    janet owen wrote: »
    For many years Granadaland included North Wales & for a few years in the late afternoon ran a Welsh language 30 minute programme, Granada always ended with Nos Da at night shutdown.

When Teledu Cymru started a few years later,Granada stopped the Welsh Programme, and due to Moel Y Parcs site 75% of North East Wales lost all Welsh Language programmes.

I believe most ITV viewers in north Wales get their signal from Winter Hill in any case. Teledu Cymru has the distinction of being the only ITV company to go bust as it persuaded the IBA (as was) to create a franchise which excluded all the major centres of population and most of its potential audience were sheep.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I believe most ITV viewers in north Wales get their signal from Winter Hill in any case. Teledu Cymru has the distinction of being the only ITV company to go bust as it persuaded the IBA (as was) to create a franchise which excluded all the major centres of population and most of its potential audience were sheep.

Very true, I recall Teledu Cymru starting up, the largest town it served from M Y P was Rhyl population then 22K, Whoever was in charge of TC thought everyone would watch it, how wrong they were,At the time Wrexham & Flint the largest conurbation in North Wales was considered to be in England by the IBA.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gather north Wales is no longer regarded as part of Granada's editorial area so they don't cover stories there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we can establish from this 90 minute love fest that every programme Granada made was exceptional, groundbreaking television that was unique, never been done before and loved by everyone in the entire world and Granada were responsible for discovering every talent the country has ever produced.
  • mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I was surprised ITV even bothered to do a tribute to Granada, quite a pleasant surprise really.
  • tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    62 wrote: »
    No Stuart Hall either!

Probably because he was with the BBC
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "On leaving the BBC, Hall took the hot seat on the regional news show with rivals Granada."
  • mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    "On leaving the BBC, Hall took the hot seat on the regional news show with rivals Granada."

I don't think he actually presented Granada Reports, he merely used to do features with Bob Greaves.

I think so anyway but of course i'm happy to be corrected.
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the name of the man who did the show that had David Bowie on it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »

I wonder if he had a room at Granada where he entertained young ladies ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe he shared it with others ;) and he got it one day a week.

Is Mr Hall the one person who connects BBC TV Centre to Granada in all these scandals?
  • SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

mersey70 is correct, Hall wasn't a main presenter on Granada, he just co-hosted the Greaves & Hall slot.

Hall is due to be sentenced tomorrow (17 June).