Options

MasterChef Australia:The Professionals - Watch - Monday 6th Jan 7:00pm

Comments

• Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marco was on loop-repeat again tonight. Jings, that gets annoying.

It's hard to believe that Cameron's a real person - he seems to have downloaded his personality from somewhere. Acted like a real tool at times. Having said that, at least he did help out at the end with the other desserts, which was something. Not much, but something.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    :D

And when the vapid blonde cheerleader dumps him, he realises what a dick he's been, but it's too late by then because the girl he does actually love has gone off with the sensitive romantic guy, and he's all bitter and twisted and has nothing left in his empty life except for his ridiculous red sports car.

And his father cancels his trust fund because he's also failed to get into Yale.
  • Options
    tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with solarflare about Cameron not seeming like a real person. Reminds me of Max Headroom - keep waiting for him to start stammering.

Only reason he helped with the deserts was his smugness, he thought he had it in the bag
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    tartan18 wrote: »
    Agree with solarflare about Cameron not seeming like a real person. Reminds me of Max Headroom - keep waiting for him to start stammering.

Only reason he helped with the deserts was his smugness, he thought he had it in the bag

I agree; somehow he's annoyed me from the beginning - plus he was sweating into the food!
    IMO, I think those tall chefs' hats are beyond ridiculous - however, I do believe they should wear those skull cap things - and those with long hair - tie it back!>:( long facial hair winds me up too.
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Just watching the beginning of this back as I'd missed it - and watched Cameron screaming at Coop twice to shut up - what a tool.
    Glad he's gone... petulent ****
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So glad Cameron's gone, he was really winding me up (and I like Michael). At least it was a gracious exit, I don't think I could stand an Anthony 2.0 from him :D. And was it me or were his crab salads completely inconsistent? From the little shots they showed of all the plates, some plates had more food on than others, more crab on one dish, more fennel(?) on the other; and with his main, the steaks seemed different lengths and thicknesses too. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned. Michael may have taken longer plating, but at least all the dishes were the same (and better tasting :D take that Cameron).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me who thinks of Masterchef Australia: The Professionals as "Diet" Masterchef Australia?

I don't know what it is but it feels like a cut-down, hollowed-out, slightly soulless version of the original. Maybe it's just that they only have one of the three regulars, maybe it's that MPW is a bit of a personality-vacuum, maybe it's just that I don't find many of the chefs particularly interesting or likeable.

It's an alright watch but somehow lacking in the charm of the main equivalent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ugh the number of flies are making me feel ill
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    Ugh the number of flies are making me feel ill

Ha yes it's not that appetising is it?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That crumble looked grey!!!!!
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by the little bit of the 'next time . . . ' bit I saw, it looks like
    someone from the winning team is going to be in the elimination as well :confused: That doesn't really seem fair, to be honest. Why bother having a team challenge if winning doesn't guarantee safety?
    Spoiler-tagged just in case :)

And I agree about the flies. I honestly don't know how they cook like that. And what Luke was doing to those trout looked awful, it looked a mess, and the worse thing with fish is finding a bone. You can't just eat the rest of it, you sort of pick at it (well, I do), it spoils your enjoyment. I'd hold it on a par with serving raw meat, but I suppose who won was down to the horsey people, and they liked it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Horsey people - heh! :D
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beaudifulllll scenery though (sorry, had a Mindy overload on Really before!)

The first 5 mins just blew my mind .... Then we saw all the flies
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Ugh, the flies really turned my stomach, and I'm not at all precious when it comes to things like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing I took from the elimination episode was Luke's hair. Holy balls. So that's what he's been keeping hidden under that bandana.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Luke should just go regardless after the whole trouty debacle!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Will Professional Masterchef Australia be shown on Really?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can someone tell me why they are doing this round? I missed the start
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just something about how you're never safe in the Masterchef kitchen I think..

Wow, Luke's dish looks really beautiful!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    Just something about how you're never safe in the Masterchef kitchen I think..

Wow, Luke's dish looks really beautiful!

Yeah he kinda redeemed himself after trout-gate
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to harp on about amateur masterchef again. But I just watched the masterclass from series 4 and I can't fathom why they changed it, other than to big the egos of the judges. It should be about the contestants and improving their techniques and knowledge. Not Gary, George and Matt showing off to the fans. Maybe that's where season 6 needs to be different. Focus on quality, bring back the mystery box and invention test rounds, the judges aren't the stars.

I'm 2 behind pro masterchef now. Gonna have a blitz and catch up tonight. I felt bad for Cameron though. He got his strategy right and if he'd not been boorish with his meat cooking, he'd have still been in. Though, I got the feeling he wasn't a judges favourite and they would have found a way. Personally I felt he needed subtitles but his arrogance was just that of a pro chef who was actually prety decent. Not excusing it, he annoyed me so much my teeth itched, but I get it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww, that's a shame to see Cassie go. But what a lovely moving moment - both her comments and Marco's. She comes across as a really intelligent and likeable person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For all Marco's irritating yelling she is the only one he has offered to write a letter for, but sad to see her go. Nick and fish always seems to be a disaster!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was funny. All episode Marco's shouting "if it's not perfect it won't go out!"

Then the chocolate mousse comes along - "well, it's not perfect but send it anyway".

Ok...d'oh!
  • Options
    tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They needed 2 teams of 3 for the elimination round, so decided to have one of the winning team go up as well, as there were only 5. Why they just didn't do an every man for himself elimination, I don't know