The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 13)

Comments

• nathalie1978nathalie1978 Posts: 10,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »
    theres a thread elsewhere.....asking who everyone shares their birthday with..so i thought id bring the idea over.....

my favourites who share my birthday....August 15th are..

are Napoleon, and Ben Afleck

I also share with Princess Anne,
    Debra Messing, from Will and Grace,
    Tony. Robinson..from Baldrick and Time team fame
    Jennifer Lawrence ..Katniss from The Hunger Games
    Joe Jonas from the Jonas brothers...

and its the name day for the Virgin Mary, in the christian calendar......

E Nesbit....who was a childrens author
    Samuel Coleridge Taylor..
    Steig Larrson who wrote the millenium trilogy....

thank you wikipedia
    and i have a very varied list , so far....

My Birthday 29. November:)
    Kim Delaney
    Anna Faris
    The Game
    Ryan Giggs
    Jonathan Knight (NKOTB)
    Gena Lee Nolin
    Howard K.Stern
    Imogen Thomas
    Rosemary West:eek:

Hope you are all well and get better soon to anyone who's not:)
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all!

I watched Strictly last night and thought Tess and Claudia very good - and it moved faster as we didn't have Brucie's lame jokes. Also thought the VTs better.

Georgy, I did watch the rugby - couldn't believe Argentina was so good.

I'm back to bed to watch Remembrance Day Service and then outside in the sun for a bit.

Have a good Sunday.

My birthday is 9 June but don't know any famous people who have their birthdays on the same day.
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Morning all :)

Just watched the Remembrance Day service from the cenotaph, very moving as ever :cry: Will go to churchyard later and put some flowers on my dad's grave, as I always do on this day ...

Ahem....back to Strictly :) I thought Louis was great as usual, though he does need to work on his facial expression :p There's a touch of 'oh, I'm doing a posh dance, I'd better look toffee- nosed' about it :D Sort that and maybe he might impress even Craig.

And Chelsea today.....oh, wouldn't it be great to see us do well? An actual win is almost more than I can hope for.....;)

Will be cheering on anyway

NYWA :D
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    Lindy_Loue wrote: »
    Did anyone watch Strictly tonight?

There's a chorus of approval for Tess and Claudia :) I think they bring out the best in each other while at the same time managing to bring the dancing back to centre stage, as it were .....much less distracting than Bruce Forsyth.

I think it's very sad when people stay on in jobs way past the time when they are at their best. I'd like to remember Brucie when he was good......so please, Mr Forsyth, leave now with your reputation just about intact.

Oh, and I loved having two female presenters, with their contrasting characters it felt fresh and new :D

And the dancers have all improved vastly over the past few weeks :)

oh i agree completely........Tess and Claudia were good, and made it a lot smoother....

and the dancing was wonderful..
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good afternoon one and all :)

Just saw this tweet "Johns fans are organising a trip to see Josie in panto, to cause disruption. Totally pathetic. Kids will be there ffs." I truly hope this isn't the case, it's one thing to support somebody, quite another to be so nasty as to cause real trouble and ruin the experience for all who attend. However, it was Mr Ree so it could be a load of bunkum. I hope so!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »

Just saw this tweet "Johns fans are organising a trip to see Josie in panto, to cause disruption. Totally pathetic. Kids will be there ffs." I truly hope this isn't the case, it's one thing to support somebody, quite another to be so nasty as to cause real trouble and ruin the experience for all who attend. However, it was Mr Ree so it could be a load of bunkum. I hope so!

Thinking about my own post there, of course it's a load of bunkum - who would spend the huge amount of money it costs to attend a Panto just to do such a silly thing, it's just people trying to cause trouble on twitter. Apologies for bringing it over :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all!

I watched Strictly last night and thought Tess and Claudia very good - and it moved faster as we didn't have Brucie's lame jokes. Also thought the VTs better.

I'm back to bed to watch Remembrance Day Service and then outside in the sun for a bit.

Have a good Sunday.

My birthday is 9 June but don't know any famous people who have their birthdays on the same day.

Michael J Fox (actor)
    Johnny Depp(actor)
    Miroslav Klose (footballer)
    Natalie POrtman (actress)
    Crihstina Sturmer (singer)
    Wesley Sniejder (footballer)

Hope you feel better soon:)
    Forum Member
    Michael J Fox (actor)
    Johnny Depp(actor)

Wow nyannie :D

Quite some people to share a birthday with !

Thanks Nathalie - hope you're well :)
    Forum Member
    Well, just got in to find we drew 1-1 with Chelsea :):):)

Now if we could just convert some of these draws into wins......;) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow nyannie :D

Quite some people to share a birthday with !

Thanks Nathalie - hope you're well :)

I'm good yeah she is one lucky lady has some interesting and good people sharing her birthday.
    How are you?
    Forum Member

I dont think this was the case at all. this is I think a case of massively twisted logic...and total misinterpretation....:( And an attempt to cause trouble .............

I have a feeling some people on twitter jokingly suggested they book a coach or something......

now you can take this in quite a few ways. one as a joke.....as some on the CT did months and months ago, whilst suggesting a trip to the Flower show.:eek: Or as a genuine attempt for a meet up, vaguely themed around something JJJ:eek:

and To be completely fair...if there are JOhn fans that live in the Bristol area, why shouldnt they go and see Josie in a panto.:confused:........the likelihood of them doing it to be nasty or to heckle would in actual fact be miniscule.....

its only some people that would see the idea of meeting up to go and see Josie in a panto in such a negative way....:(

wont she automatically have heckling in any case? I thought that pantos were meant to be about audience participation and will be full of boos and hisses . Or do you think that every boo and hiss on the nights of the panto will automatically come from a John supporter?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People that died on my birthdate 29. November
    Cary Grant
    George Harrison
    Natalie Wood:eek: I got my name after her and she died on my 3 Birthday
    Maria Theresia Hapsburg, Queen of Austria
    Graham Hill

sad list but interesting for me:)
  • bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member

This got to be some lame attempt at shit stirring:eek:How could you fall for it mugsy?:D:p
    Forum Member
    Michael J Fox (actor)
    Johnny Depp(actor)

Thanks nat - oooooh Johnny Depp - wonder if he knows that he has a decrepit NYer sharing his birthday - think not really. Just the thought of Johnny Depp makes me feel better.
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Did anyone see Steve Gill from John's BB year on the Remembrance Service yesterday? Despite horrific injuries Steve has made more out of his life than some able-bodied people and he did look proud in the parade.

Wonderful week ahead - hospital and dr appts - such fun!!

Hedge people coming shortly so I'll say au revoir.
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Did anyone see Steve Gill from John's BB year on the Remembrance Service yesterday? Despite horrific injuries Steve has made more out of his life than some able-bodied people and he did look proud in the parade.

Wonderful week ahead - hospital and dr appts - such fun!!

Hedge people coming shortly so I'll say au revoir.

oh that is a lovely image, Steve lives near my brother, and there were reports in the local press about him, and he came across so much more positively than he ever did in BB!!!

morning all......

oh dear the dishwasher is making a strange noise....I wonder whats up with it?

back shortly......
    Forum Member
    so it was a big surprise on strictly this week...

not necessarily that Fern left...cos she wasnt one of the strongest dancers...but it was a surprise that kimberley was in the bottom two and that Michael wasnt......
    Forum Member

not necessarily that Fern left...cos she wasnt one of the strongest dancers...but it was a surprise that kimberley was in the bottom two and that Michael wasnt......

Morning all :)

Personally I'd like Richard to go next, but that's just a personal view. I think they've all improved greatly since week one - even Victoria, despite her nerves :eek: :D

Another busy day so am off now, see you later xx :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning :) Inset day here, so Laura with me until 4.
    bblover wrote: »
    This got to be some lame attempt at shit stirring:eek:How could you fall for it mugsy?:D:p

It's in my name... muggins :D:o I held my hands up to it above lol
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Morning all!

Have a good Sunday.

No longer are Argentina the walk over side,
    played well

Hope you're feeling better today
    best wishes x :D
    Forum Member

Thinking about my own post there, of course it's a load of bunkum - who would spend the huge amount of money it costs to attend a Panto just to do such a silly thing, it's just people trying to cause trouble on twitter. Apologies for bringing it over :o

What a boring panto
    if you can't boo and hiss :o

i,m going to, at the Wimbledon Theatre
    just like a little kid :D

P.s no apologies needed mugs, but i agree if the information
    came from ree, i would also discount it :cool:
    Forum Member
    Michael J Fox (actor)
    Johnny Depp(actor)

Hello Nathalie
    how are you

so nyannie shares her Birthday with Johnny Depp, lucky her
    i would also like to share things with him to :o:D
    Forum Member
    Well, just got in to find we drew 1-1 with Chelsea :):):)

Now if we could just convert some of these draws into wins......;) :D

Yeah
    was rather pleased with that
    well after watching the first half :eek:
    i really thought we were in trouble :D

now enough of the draws, Wins from now on :p
    Forum Member

you wouldn't be surprised if
    you could see my phone bill :o

Gooooooo Michael :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a boring panto
    if you can't boo and hiss :o

i,m going to, at the Wimbledon Theatre
    just like a little kid :D

P.s no apologies needed mugs, but i agree if the information
    came from ree, i would also discount it :cool:

I tried taking Laura to panto a few years ago, she couldn't bear the noise we had to leave after about 10 mins! She's not changed enough that we could give it another (expensive) go again so we haven't been to once since.
This discussion has been closed.