The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 44)

Comments

• BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have hoped if it was a 100% Kimba they'd have just said. Bluen and Engelbert were around 13 days to announce each. So 2-5th Feb maybe

Is this rumor about Kimberley Walsh all just based on the assumptions she has been on a bbc show and she has a song by Kempe on her new album?

Its funny every year people get caught up in one main rumor and it never ends up being them
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Is this rumor about Kimberley Walsh all just based on the assumptions she has been on a bbc show and she has a song by Kempe on her new album?

Its funny every year people get caught up in one main rumor and it never ends up being them

To be honest since it's been going on since November in one form or another I have no idea how it has evolved. The worry is those in the know about Engelbert well in advance on twitter last year fear it's her this year as well, though I admit they're nowhere near at 100% confident as they were with the Hump.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loads to catch up with.

First of all it was a truly exciting Fantasy final. Well worth all those hours of listening to songs during the year. I thought the voting was done to perfection so huge applause to Globbits for his pain staking work. What a climax and I liked virtually all the top 10. I wanted Sylwia to win but was more than happy with Katzenjammer. As for my own song, yes I did get a thrill when he soared near to the top. He was obviously a grower. Bring on the next contest in the summertime.

BBAnne- thanks for the Andrew Mann link. I missed his performance because I was in Italy but I do normally watch The Voice Ireland, I thought last year's standard was better than the Uk equivalent and I have a feeling we shall see at least one of those contestants appear in Ireland's Euro national final this year.

That is dreadful news about Alexey Vorobyov. I hope he is ok and is able to recover.

Here is the link to Ht13 of the Polls, you have until 2pm this Saturday to vote. First 6 qualify.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiH3fvCRQTt83AsA8ajfwjXbGLWA73lqW
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if it is her I'll wait to hear the song before predicting a bad result. If Hadise and Kalomira could do it there's no reason why Kim can't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if it is her I'll wait to hear the song before predicting a bad result. If Hadise and Kalomira could do it there's no reason why Kim can't.

The BBC can't find good backing singers either :D in 2010 and 2011 they're both off key :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say we've been on a goose chase

2m paddy o'connell paddy o'connell ‏@paddy_o_c

@EscPaul @RichardWGordon others on here tweeted Girls Aloud ... but I am sure you saw that ... I have nothing new ...
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Kimbo was a vocal disgrace!
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    She wasn't toooooooo bad. I think she was having problems hearing the backing music before the beat kicked in. But I know where that excuse has been used before.. :o
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC can't find good backing singers either :D in 2010 and 2011 they're both off key :D:D

I've always wondered about that. Surely they can find some decent backing singers. Scooch's were appalling as were Josh's
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always wondered about that. Surely they can find some decent backing singers. Scooch's were appalling as were Josh's

It makes you wonder do they actually audition people or invite them in off the street. :D
    Forum Member
    Full list of artists in MGP Heat 2-

Martin Blomvik
    Annsofi
    Shackles
    Hank
    Fjellfolk
    Haji
    Margaret Berger

Based on a combination of name value/ songs, I'd predict Hank, Margaret & Martin qualifying.
    Forum Member
    Will we ever find out exactly what this woman was doing all those years ago?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z3NmZLR-8k

(And does it creep anybody else out a little!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is she was on the short list of potential representatives. Although I still think she could've done well after having more solo performances under her - the nerves were evident, it's not Kimberley.

Saul Fearnley @littledrinker (the man sitting in between Kimberley and Tess when SCD won the NTA) is a producer on Strictly and you can read on his twitter from last Saturday that it's not Kimberley but he knows who it is. No clues though who it is.
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the rumour was true, and Haji is back in MGP :)

Haven't heard the song yet, but of course he should qualify ;)
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will we ever find out exactly what this woman was doing all those years ago?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z3NmZLR-8k

(And does it creep anybody else out a little!)

One of my favourite Eurovision clips just for the sheer randomness
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, seems like rumour about Alexey was exaggerated luckily.

It might (...) not be that serious after all.
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    Also, seems like rumour about Alexey was exaggerated luckily.

It might (...) not be that serious after all.
    So what exactly is the situation now..? It seems to have been more than rumour though as that Russian site had reported about it...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbmTiUAj-ic&feature=youtu.be&a advert for 2013 contest it seems

Hosts announced Monday Scandipop
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    So what exactly is the situation now..? It seems to have been more than rumour though as that Russian site had reported about it...

Seems like Russian press have exaggerated.

A guy who was his personal assistant in DD told me not to worry and that he would be fine.

So there seems to have been an accident, just not as badly as written in the Russian story :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbmTiUAj-ic&feature=youtu.be&a advert for 2013 contest it seems

Hosts announced Monday Scandipop

ANDRE POPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaccobabe wrote: »
    Seems like Russian press have exaggerated.

A guy who was his personal assistant in DD told me not to worry and that he would be fine.

So there seems to have been an accident, just not as badly as written in the Russian story :)
    Ok, that's great :) It's just that I reported the news yesterday on the Finnish esc fans forum, and would of course like to let people know if it's not that bad after all, but I'd need some kind of source for that. But if it's a personal communication, you obviously can't give a source ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Ok, that's great :) It's just that I reported the news yesterday on the Finnish esc fans forum, and would of course like to let people know if it's not that bad after all, but I'd need some kind of source for that. But if it's a personal communication, you obviously can't give a source ;)

Yes, I haven't read anything official except for the story reported yesterday...
    Its difficult when you don't really know anything.
    On wikipedia there are two links, one of them from oikotimes saying he is between life and death, but theyre usually not that reliable...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found the data for draw averages for countries in the final again today. As we can't have endless speculation on the draw this year these are the 10 if the qualify deserve a late draw based on 2000-2012 starting positions in the final.

Hungary
    Netherlands
    Belarus
    Israel
    Lithuania
    Cyprus
    Albania
    Austria
    Iceland
    Norway

Some of those might be unlikely to qualify so those that follow are

Italy
    UK
    Malta
    Croatia
    Spain
    Russia
    Finland
    Switz
    Estonia
    Azerbaijan
    Moldova
    Ireland
    France
    Greece
    Belgium
    FYR Macedonia
    Germany

Those that have had lucky draws.

Sweden
    Denmark
    Romania
    Latvia
    Armenia
    Georgia
    Ukraine
    Slovenia
    Serbia
    Bulgaria
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The UK will surely be on in the final third of the show.
  • ESC RossESC Ross Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with a few things...

Quite liking the full version of 'Only Teardrops'. I can see this doing well in Malmo, but can't see it as a winner.

Sad to hear about Alexey, hope it's not as serious as they are making out.

With regards to UK, based on Dr Eurovision's clue, wishful thinking, but I'm going to guess, Dame Shirley :D.
    Most likely to be Geri though :(.

Or maybe the BBC have stolen Dana International :D haha

Really hoping SDF is the one at the hosts press conference on Monday :)

Also, can't stop listening to Apricot Stone. :D
This discussion has been closed.