Prisoners Wives Series 2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just saw the trailer for this, very excited!! Although only two out of the four original females still feature. I thought the lady with ginger hair and Emma Rigby were both fantastic. Shame

Comments

• BadmkBadmk Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah me too very excited the last series was great. Its a shame about the two departures but I suppose their stories had ended by the last episode. I'm guessing that there are new females joining the cast then?
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We watched this last time and thought it was really good. We're both looking forward to the new series. Our favourite characters are both still in it. I liked the older lady with the son in prison, brilliantly dippy. We also liked Franny and want to see what happens as we both think she deserves so much better than her husband.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badmk wrote: »
    Yeah me too very excited the last series was great. Its a shame about the two departures but I suppose their stories had ended by the last episode. I'm guessing that there are new females joining the cast then?

Yes two new female characters :-)
    Am also glad Fran has remained, she was certainly the strongest character IMHO
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    barkingmad wrote: »
    Yes two new female characters :-)
    Am also glad Fran has remained, she was certainly the strongest character IMHO

Agreed - I think her and Harriet were the two most interesting characters so I'm glad they're staying.

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/5892-prisoners-wives-writer-promises-dark-twists-in-series-2

Nice article on series 2. It says Anne Reid's in this series too, which is a lovely bonus!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    Agreed - I think her and Harriet were the two most interesting characters so I'm glad they're staying.

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/5892-prisoners-wives-writer-promises-dark-twists-in-series-2

Nice article on series 2. It says Anne Reid's in this series too, which is a lovely bonus!

Harriet, that was her name!! Her son also looks older and his hair is short. In the trailer, she tells him she has met someone, and Fran's house is on fire
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the trailer today as well!! shocked there is only going to be four episodes instead of the six though. Fran and Harriet had to return as their storylines still had mileage left in them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the trailer today as well!! shocked there is only going to be four episodes instead of the six though. Fran and Harriet had to return as their storylines still had mileage left in them.

Only 4?? Why!!
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Not sure, although I'd rather have 4 really good episodes than none at all!
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not in UK so not seen the trailers - when does it start - have googled and it just said 2013 - thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    Not in UK so not seen the trailers - when does it start - have googled and it just said 2013 - thanks.

No idea, sadly. Just advertised as Coming Soon. March I reckon :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I just realized one of the new female leads also played Kelly, Shane's g/f in Shameless minus the lurid makeup!!
  • dulliredullire Posts: 20,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts Thursday 14th March at 9pm :)
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    OK it's a BBC 1 show, wish you people would provide a link or something to whatever it is you're on about in the OP.
    Of no interest to me if it's on Sky or something.
    Anyway linky http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p015kh6w
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    Yay brilliant news, thanks. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thought it was 12th ?? I'll double check :-)
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im stoked that this is back! Looking forward to Frannys story expanding (and Harriets).
  • blossom24blossom24 Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Loved the first series, really looking forward to this.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Oh it made me cringe with embarassment for Harriet when she took drugs in for her son, inside herself, poor woman but very good acting. The actress in now in Mr Selfridge, good to see her working so well.
  • shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    gilliedew wrote: »
    Oh it made me cringe with embarassment for Harriet when she took drugs in for her son, inside herself, poor woman but very good acting. The actress in now in Mr Selfridge, good to see her working so well.

Used to like her in The Brittas Empire too as Gordon Brittas' wife..wasnt she in Green Wing too?
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I was hoping it would be a tuesday again, I already have so much recording at 9/10 on thursdays
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    Im stoked that this is back! Looking forward to Frannys story expanding (and Harriets).

Also so glad to see Iain Glen again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts next week :-)
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    :D Really looking forward to this return. I am so glad I watched it, I nearly didn't because I thought it was going to be like Footballers Wives, or such like.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barkingmad wrote: »
    Thought it was 12th ?? I'll double check :-)

It was the 12th :)