EastEnders - the baby reveal has already been filmed!

EastiesRules!EastiesRules! Posts: 117
Forum Member
http://www.walfordwebforums.co.uk/prod/index.php?/topic/1092-clever-bryan-kirkwood/

One of the mods on Walford Web has let it slip that the reveal has already been filmed. They were guests at the screening so I guess found out from that.

This means its not going to last longer than six weeks at most then. So much for the two years. Looks Ronnie will get caught out via the results of the autopsy coming back.

Comments

• Jay_1983Jay_1983 Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. I guess when Sam Womack said the four weeks she was shooting this storyline were the worst of her life means that this storyline lasts approximately a month then, including the reveal. Glad that its not going to be dragged out.
  • EastiesRules!EastiesRules! Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Also ties in with Sam saying it was the worst four weeks of her life...

Edit Jay you got there just before me!
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh I'm really glad we won't see Kat and Alfie parted from Tommy for long
    Forum Member
    What's also interesting is that Samantha hasn't been announced as leaving and she is on contract until 2012. So Ronnie fans can breath a sly of relief.
  • charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping for "the biggest soap storyline ever" to last longer than a month. A tad disappointed by this news.
  • RockbirdRockbird Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Good news. Anything else would have been totally implausible.
    Forum Member
    I was hoping for "the biggest soap storyline ever" to last longer than a month. A tad disappointed by this news.

But its unrealistic for it to last any longer. If the autopsy catches Ronnie out then many have got what they wanted.

Anyway the effects of this will still be felt for years yet. This is a massive storyline which will have an effect on four of the show's familes.
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reveal doesn't mean the end of the storyline, as there's Kat having to bond with the baby after think her baby was dead, Ronnie facing the consequences etc. Also, it means that there might be hope for Ronnie yet. So this could be true, and I hope it is.

Knowing that the reveal might not be that far off, I am now more excited about the storyline, well as excited as you can be about a storyline like this.
    Forum Member
    The reveal doesn't mean the end of the storyline, as there's Kat having to bond with the baby after think her baby was dead, Ronnie facing the consequences etc. Also, it means that there might be hope for Ronnie yet. So this could be true, and I hope it is.

Knowing that the reveal might not be that far off, I am now more excited about the storyline, well as excited as you can be about a storyline like this.

I agree. I feel watching it now easier knowing it won't be dragged out for that long. I'm guessing early mid Feb when it must come out.
    Forum Member
    bump.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Oh Thank goodness, This give's Ronnie a chance, Hope its true.
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree. It will be interesting how Ronnie copes with all this afterwards and how other characters respond to her. It is great news that they are not prolonging the reveal as it would be totally too far fetched and viewers would find it all too unbelievable.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    http://www.walfordwebforums.co.uk/prod/index.php?/topic/1092-clever-bryan-kirkwood/

One of the mods on Walford Web has let it slip that the reveal has already been filmed. They were guests at the screening so I guess found out from that.

This means its not going to last longer than six weeks at most then. So much for the two years. Looks Ronnie will get caught out via the results of the autopsy coming back.

Thanks for that. I can rest easy again. I couldn't have watched it if it when on as long as two years!
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I feel watching it now easier knowing it won't be dragged out for that long. I'm guessing early mid Feb when it must come out.

I feel exactly the same :) I'm so glad it's not going to be a long initial storyline
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed. I'm usually against story-lines dragging on, but this one will need it IMO. It will be much more powerful if in a year's time, Kat discovers her son has been growing up across the Square without her and she's been missing out.

We'll see how it goes, but once again - disagree with Kirkwood (becoming a recurring pattern now).
  • ManOfEastManOfEast Posts: 559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If a month or two is what the storyline requires to tell its story well, then I'm all for it. :)

We've had too many stories in recent years stretching out thin material (Lucas, Archie etc.) and the end result is usually a draggy mess. Not every "big" storyline has to stretch out forever.

Anyway, I'm glad because it clearly means there's going to be a lot of focus on the aftermath of Kat getting her baby back and how Ronnie copes. Will Ronnie be able to make reparations after the truly terrible thing she has done? Will people shun her? etc.

Heck, I'm not even a big fan of Ronnie, but I'm finding the possibilities really interesting. I'm sooo glad it seems that BK has ditched the predictable Premise/Setup -> Months of Drag -> Reveal -> Storyline Ditched, formula. :)
  • ghettoBLASTER!ghettoBLASTER! Posts: 5,220
    Forum Member
    This is the right move. I think the concern of many was the length of time it would be running. Now it seems its not that long at all but the fallout from this will be even greater than what came before it. So the effects will still be felt in 12 months time regardless.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member

I still think the after effects will last up to 2 years.
    I still struggle to see how Ronnie is redeemable even if it is just a four week kidnap.
    Surely,prison looms?
    Forum Member
    This storyline has been done before in Emmerdale. except the babies got swapped over in hospital. Laurel and Ashley's baby dies of cot death but their real baby was given to another couple (Their names escape me).

Before Laurel and Ashley knew about the swap, they held the baby's funeral and then afterwards it was revealed that the other baby was theirs, so they took it from the other couple after a "fight". The other couple didn't want to give it up, even though they knew it wasn't theirs.
    Forum Member
    I still think the after effects will last up to 2 years.
    I still struggle to see how Ronnie is redeemable even if it is just a four week kidnap.
    Surely,prison looms?

Yes, Ronnie has committed a crime. You can't go round stealing other people's baby's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    I'm disappointed. I'm usually against story-lines dragging on, but this one will need it IMO. It will be much more powerful if in a year's time, Kat discovers her son has been growing up across the Square without her and she's been missing out.

We'll see how it goes, but once again - disagree with Kirkwood (becoming a recurring pattern now).

Literally couldn't agree more. The reveal's hardly going to have that much of an impact if it's only been happening like sex weeks, most of the best reveals are from when the storylines been going a year or two or even three. So much for "the biggest soap storyline" - it lasts a month

Call me sadistic but I REALLY wanted to see Kat and Alfie go through hell and explore all the sides of them, I can't see as we're going to be able to explore all this in 6 weeks. As a fan of Kat it means I can't help but think once they get the baby back then what? it'll be interesting for a few weeks to see them bond with it but then what? They're just another family, what's the purpose of them? Call me depressing or whatever but I actually wanted to see them with material and stuff to do not just have them grinning away in the Vic come three months time

I think this is such a cop out, either committ to the storyline and run it for a long time or don't run it, it actually seems more effort than it's even worth to just run it for 6 weeks. You can't explore a lot in 6 weeks. Plus this way, there can't actually be much of an aftermath? I mean for Ronnie there will be a huge one but for Kat or Alfie there won't be much to do asides from a few weeks worth of bonding issues and having Kat occassionally talk about how awful it was. Also I don't know if I actually want to see Kat with a baby so soon. People forget because they think of Ronnie as the one defined by babys, but Kat is actually defined by the fact she feels guilty over never being able to bring up Zoe and I'm not sure what affect her having a baby will actually have on the character it may make her "boring" as realistically what will they actually do with her? Have her argue with Alfie occassionally?:yawn:

I just was really looking forward to a long running storyline with an epic reveal at the end of it. I think the reveal will lose ALOT of impact being so soon. Had it run for a year we would also have the added pain of Kat and Ronnie being really close friends (as reveals are always best when characters mean something to each other) but if it's only six weeks they can hardly be classed as best friends. Just really dissapointed by it. I was also looking forward to exploring the Kat of 00/01/02 again. Yeah we'll get SOME of that in 6 weeks but not enough IMO. I wonder if BK planned for it to be longer (hence shane saying two years) but changed it after all the complaints or always planned it as really short term?

From the Ronnie fan perspective this is excellent news I guess (well I mean he best possible outcome) - having the baby for only a really short period of time and then a huge interesting aftermath to explore. So yeah I'll be interested in that side of things as a Ronnie fan.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren__ wrote: »
    Literally couldn't agree more. The reveal's hardly going to have that much of an impact if it's only been happening like sex weeks, most of the best reveals are from when the storylines been going a year or two or even three. So much for "the biggest soap storyline" - it lasts a month

Call me sadistic but I REALLY wanted to see Kat and Alfie go through hell and explore all the sides of them, I can't see as we're going to be able to explore all this in 6 weeks. As a fan of Kat it means I can't help but think once they get the baby back then what? it'll be interesting for a few weeks to see them bond with it but then what? They're just another family, what's the purpose of them? Call me depressing or whatever but I actually wanted to see them with material and stuff to do not just have them grinning away in the Vic come three months time

I think this is such a cop out, either committ to the storyline and run it for a long time or don't run it, it actually seems more effort than it's even worth to just run it for 6 weeks. You can't explore a lot in 6 weeks. Plus this way, there can't actually be much of an aftermath? I mean for Ronnie there will be a huge one but for Kat or Alfie there won't be much to do asides from a few weeks worth of bonding issues and having Kat occassionally talk about how awful it was. Also I don't know if I actually want to see Kat with a baby so soon. People forget because they think of Ronnie as the one defined by babys, but Kat is actually defined by the fact she feels guilty over never being able to bring up Zoe and I'm not sure what affect her having a baby will actually have on the character it may make her "boring" as realistically what will they actually do with her? Have her argue with Alfie occassionally?:yawn:

I just was really looking forward to a long running storyline with an epic reveal at the end of it. I think the reveal will lose ALOT of impact being so soon. Had it run for a year we would also have the added pain of Kat and Ronnie being really close friends (as reveals are always best when characters mean something to each other) but if it's only six weeks they can hardly be classed as best friends. Just really dissapointed by it. I was also looking forward to exploring the Kat of 00/01/02 again. Yeah we'll get SOME of that in 6 weeks but not enough IMO. I wonder if BK planned for it to be longer (hence shane saying two years) but changed it after all the complaints or always planned it as really short term?

From the Ronnie fan perspective this is excellent news I guess (well I mean he best possible outcome) - having the baby for only a really short period of time and then a huge interesting aftermath to explore. So yeah I'll be interested in that side of things as a Ronnie fan.
    I agree about Kat and Alfie - if you're going to do the storyline, you do it properly. Really making them struggle through this for months would be much more appropriate.

And as for Ronnie fans - she's still committed a crime, so whether or not it goes on for a week or a year. She'll still be punished.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Hopefully this will see the end of the odious Ronnie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh what a disappointment. :yawn:
  • Peter30Peter30 Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    I did read something about a lot of rewrites and reshoots that were happening just before Christmas, so I bet this was originally meant to go on for longer but has been brought to an abrupt end. It's a shame.