Options

Recommend a ladies deodorant...

duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
Forum Member
✭✭
Not really a beauty question but it's really humid here and my normal Sure deo just isn't cutting it. Tried Right Guard (ugh) and Garnier 48hr mineral one but that doesn't last the whole day either. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    I've used Mitchum for as long as I can remember it is excellent. I only use roll ons though, I find them better than the sprays imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Which type do you use? Roll on or Spray?

I tried pretty much every type of spray on deoderant and not one of them worked as well as i'd hoped. Then seen Nivea roll ons on offer one day and gave them a try...No idea why i was ever using messy spray ones. The roll ons last so much longer as well. I use Nivea Calm and Care. But i'd reccommend any roll on over a spray.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I used Perspirex from a long time, have good smell and also so effective. Driclor is also a better option if you want some change. I think it will help:)
  • Options
    sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for Mitchum roll ons :)
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Dove deodorant sticks, cucumber and the ordinary smelling ones.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I use Mitchum also, the only one I have found that actually works the whole day. I use roll on in the morning and the aerosol when I get home.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    I've used Mitchum for as long as I can remember it is excellent. I only use roll ons though, I find them better than the sprays imo.

Yeah, I discovered Mitchum when I was in my teens and stll use it over 40 years later. It works.
  • Options
    chicaxschicaxs Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Mitchum Roll on for me, the only one that works best!
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use Nivea, I think it's called Black and White? Anyway, it stops those grotty yellow stains you get on white tops, and white stains on black tops. Roll on cause I've sprayed myself in the face too often with aerosols.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I use Sure minerals :)
  • Options
    cold tootsiescold tootsies Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Nivea roll on topped up with Nivea spray here :D. The pale purple ones- Pearl and care or the anti white mark one mentioned above is also good.

I've heard that Mitchum are by far the best though.

As an aside, does anyone else find that they sweat much more when they've just shaved their armpits??
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Mitchum, wont use anything else now. I like the one with pink band on it, smells almost like baby powder?
  • Options
    strawberry66strawberry66 Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep use Mitchum Solid unperfumed ...its by far the best IMO

and they dont test on animals :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Nivea roll on topped up with Nivea spray here :D. The pale purple ones- Pearl and care or the anti white mark one mentioned above is also good.

I've heard that Mitchum are by far the best though.

As an aside, does anyone else find that they sweat much more when they've just shaved their armpits??

I've noticed that too :confused:
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks all for the suggestions. I've been almost a week so far with the Nivea Invisible roll on and had good results. I tried the pink Mitchum one but wasn't keen on the smell though it worked well. Didn't know there was an unperfumed on so will look out for that.

Thanks for all the feedback, it really has helped. We should have a review thread on here where people can comment on products they've tried.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    This, Mitchum is the best. I like their sprays better though, but I do use the roll ons occasionally :D
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They stopped doing the one I loved - Vaseline Cotton Fresh.

Since then I've never found any that match up so I tend to go with what is on offer.

I carry it around with me in my bag and reapply maybe once a day. I am 7 months preggers and a bit more sweaty than normal :o
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Dove Lemongrass spray, its really nice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Never had any bother with Dove products, for years, and I am in the twilight of my years (pre-menopausal), so products get tested to the hilt!