QI Series J taping thread!

14567810»

Comments

• 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    Jason Manford was on QI tonight and Celebrity Juice the other night as a regular panellist. No idea why on earth anyone would want him on their show as he clearly cannot stand having to share the limelight with people who are frequently funnier than he. His irritation is obvious. Deeply unfunny and charmless bloke IMO.
    I really couldn't see that at all, could it be that you just don't like Mr Manford?
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Lady with huge boobs gets herself on tv by feeding Alan D

she did maximise her air time!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    I think he was just winding up Stephen.

Looks like J stands for "penis" in this series, they seem to have a desire to mention it in every episode. Which is a shame.
    I would usually agree but atleast last night they has some discussion about a decent subject behind the penis talk.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason Manford wishes he had Peter Kay's talent.
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    Decent effort this week I thought. Sarah Millican was quite quiet, Rev Coles had some good anecdotes, David Mitchell was his usual good self but Alan spoiled it with his immitation of the gallery swearing in Stephen's earpiece at the end.

Thought the first word section went on a wee bit too long, but in parts it was quite interesting which is what it should be about. Will watch the extended version for sure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank goodness for a decent ep!

Sarah Millican was quite quiet - but I was glad of this. Although I've found her funny in other things, I dont think QI is a great fit.

David Mitchell - great as usual. Nice mix of humor and intelligence.

Rev Richard Coles - FANTASTIC, I hope they have him back, if only for the fact that he seems to make Stephen Fry genuinely laugh.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A better episode as Mitchell and Coles' interests doesn't end at knob jokes and unnecessary swearing. They actually seem interested at learning things and displaying interesting facts that they know.

Sarah Millican looks like a man in drag.
  • skillerskiller Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why has the XL now moved to Sunday? Hasn't it been on Saturdays so far this series?
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing because of the Clive Dunn tribute after Dad's Army (which has been a Saturday night BBC2 fixture recently).

The next XL is not on til a week Tuesday probably because of the christmas schedules.
  • strawberry66strawberry66 Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just wondering if its the fact that I am watching it on iplayer but it appears to have been filmed in "filmic"
    Can anyone clarify if this is the case ... I do hope not:(
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    filmic?

Anyway that was the first QI I'd seen for a month or so, and despite Sarah Millican I enjoyed it, Rev Richard Coles was good value.
  • skillerskiller Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I'm guessing because of the Clive Dunn tribute after Dad's Army (which has been a Saturday night BBC2 fixture recently).
    Thanks. :) Yep, that would make sense.
    The next XL is not on til a week Tuesday probably because of the christmas schedules.
    Right, well that's one of the few things on the telly I'll be looking forward to on Christmas Day!
  • strawberry66strawberry66 Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mike65 wrote: »
    filmic?

yeah sorry:o there are other terms but I couldn't remember them
    Its filming with a different frame rate to give the look of a film finish.
    I.e the difference between watching a documentary and a film:)
    Forum Member
    It was an ok show. The Rev was good but there was almost too much of him. That's not a criticism of him rather more of the other guests who did add as much as they should of imo.

What's happened to the General Ignorance round? It hardly seems to be used these days.

And what's all this dubious theory busness - goto www.xxxx.com for more info. I checked it out and they have bought the domain names.
    Just a little BBC waste of money gripe. :p
  • LUFC TomLUFC Tom Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    It seems the QI XL on Christmas day is actually a repeat of last years Christmas special, according to the schedules anyway. The QI XL for this years Christmas special is not on until a week on Saturday (29th). Bizzare scheduling indeed from the BBC to give a repeat a better slot.
  • FriedGoldFriedGold Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    The amount of penis "jokes" is really putting me off the show this series. Seriously running low on stuff to talk about.
  • Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FriedGold wrote: »
    The amount of penis "jokes" is really putting me off the show this series. Seriously running low on stuff to talk about.

Quite, and they're still only up to 'J'! Perhaps they expect to have been axed before they reach 'P'.