voice recognition on windows 8

i get sore fingers quite a lot so i think this would be handy. i got a new computer with a microphone built in etc and it seems to work in the programm but i tried it on a document and nothing worked. couldve been my voice as my speech isnt great and its late but does it work on documents and such ?

Comments

• mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Dragon Naturally Speaking v12.5. While certainly not perfect, it can save a lot of laborious typing. You will have to read through what you have input and correct it. Obviously it has problems with words such as too, to and two.
  • cmq2cmq2 Posts: 2,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speech Recognition in Windows 8 allows dictation and editing in both Notepad and MS Word. It does not appear to have changed noticeably since Windows 7.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a friend who, after upgrading his laptop to Windows 8, decided to try out the speech recognition, just to make things easier and allow for dictation of documents etc. He did the training part in front of me in about half an hour and after that it worked surprisingly well, We were both very impressed with how well it could recognise speech and how good the accuracy was both in giving it commands and dictating documents etc. I think some things were a little bit clunky like dictating grammar like full stop, exclamation etc and sometimes it took more than one attempt to get it to start/stop listening but overall it was a lot better than I was expecting and I believe he mostly uses his laptop with the speech recognition now.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,922
    Forum Member
    grr ive used the tutorial but it doesnt seems to work properly?? ive got yahoo mail opened but thats about it !! cant do anything in a document