Final fantasy 7 coming to PS4 ANNOUNCED AT E3??

Comments

• DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Don't level up, or abuse Squall's limit break from memory.

Oh no, abuse Squall's limit break. Absolutely abuse Squall's limit break. Or better yet, abuse Zell's limit break. If you know the button sequences for Mach Kick > Punch Rush > Heel Drop, you can deal a ridiculous amount of damage to an enemy. No luck required.

I remember once hunting for Malboro Tentacles by mugging Malboro's on the Island Closest to Heaven, and Odin appeared for the first 2 I found. An unwanted 12 levels I gained. Restarted from my last save in the end, wasn't having that.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Poor wording on my part. I meant either don't level up, or DO abuse Squall's limit break. Or both! :D
  • zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More details from Nomura:

Though they will be changing some things around, it doesn’t sound like they’ll be removing the iconic moments you’re probably excited to see once the title officially launches. Nomura notes, “We don’t want to interfere with what makes the original title so iconic,” he continued. “There are certain plot points we don’t want to interfere with or disturb, nor will we want to change elements that fans have very big attachments to.”

“My goal with the remake is to make it apply to the current era, the current generation of players that are going to be coming into contact with or playing FFVII for the first time through this remake,” Nomura explained. “I want to make it so it’s relevant to the modern era, as well as having an element of surprise.”

Obviously modernizing a game that relied heavily on text boxes in the past will prove difficult. He elaborated,”We’re taking something that’s text based with no voice over. If we add voice over to it, that will trigger some adjustments that need to be made to accommodate for that. Then, because we’re making it in full HD, we’ll need to think about all the resources that are needed to populate the screen. We’d need to go in and see what needs adjusting in that aspect. It’s like a chain of events; ‘OK, we’re going to revamp this part, what do we need?’, and see if there are any changes that creates. As I say, we can’t go into the specifics at this point but we’ll need to revisit elements within the game to see what is appropriate.”

Regarding the game system: “I can’t share details, but we’re changing it to a more realistic system"
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    More details from Nomura:

Though they will be changing some things around, it doesn’t sound like they’ll be removing the iconic moments you’re probably excited to see once the title officially launches. Nomura notes, “We don’t want to interfere with what makes the original title so iconic,” he continued. “There are certain plot points we don’t want to interfere with or disturb, nor will we want to change elements that fans have very big attachments to.”

“My goal with the remake is to make it apply to the current era, the current generation of players that are going to be coming into contact with or playing FFVII for the first time through this remake,” Nomura explained. “I want to make it so it’s relevant to the modern era, as well as having an element of surprise.”

Obviously modernizing a game that relied heavily on text boxes in the past will prove difficult. He elaborated,”We’re taking something that’s text based with no voice over. If we add voice over to it, that will trigger some adjustments that need to be made to accommodate for that. Then, because we’re making it in full HD, we’ll need to think about all the resources that are needed to populate the screen. We’d need to go in and see what needs adjusting in that aspect. It’s like a chain of events; ‘OK, we’re going to revamp this part, what do we need?’, and see if there are any changes that creates. As I say, we can’t go into the specifics at this point but we’ll need to revisit elements within the game to see what is appropriate.”

Regarding the game system: “I can’t share details, but we’re changing it to a more realistic system"

The more I hear the more I'm convinced it won't be turn based...
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Rubrical wrote: »
    The more I hear the more I'm convinced it won't be turn based...

It won't be.

Nomura just said they're changing it to a more realistic system.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    It won't be.

Nomura just said they're changing it to a more realistic system.

Yep, what I thought. Oh well... I'll keep hopeful that I'll still like it.
    Forum Member
    Rubrical wrote: »
    Yep, what I thought. Oh well... I'll keep hopeful that I'll still like it.

Fingers crossed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not very good with terminology so could someone explain to me which FF game wasn't turn-based?

I mean, I think FFX-2 isn't exactly turn-based but maybe I'm wrong. FF12 and FF13 also weren't turn-based right?

I'm just wondering, I would like to know what could I maybe expect with FF7 remake...
  • Xadlei XemnasXadlei Xemnas Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    FFI,II,III & X are turn based.

FFIV-IX are turn based with real time gauges. Its called active time battle (ATB)

FFX-2 is an enhanced version of ATB.I think this version is best for an FFVII remake if they decided on turn based.

FFXII is like seamless ATB with movement.

XIII & XIII-2 are real time with ATB gauges but actions are used through commands still.

Lightning returns is the same but removes the commands and gives us an action interface.

Basically, they been enhancing the action and real time elements over time so its kinda confusing. Id say starting with X-2 they became action/turn based hybrids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for clearing that up. I definitely agree that FFX-2 system would be best suited for the remake.
  • davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    ff15 is going to witcher/elder scrolls-esque right? Will be interesting to see what the reaction will be like if they go from that to one of the text based systems of the older games. Or even if they make ff7 like the above mentioned games but with the storyline from the original game.
    Forum Member
    davies24 wrote: »
    ff15 is going to witcher/elder scrolls-esque right? Will be interesting to see what the reaction will be like if they go from that to one of the text based systems of the older games. Or even if they make ff7 like the above mentioned games but with the storyline from the original game.

I firmly believe there will be no text boxes. I expect full voice acting with maybe subtitles.

You can't build a game like FF7 and have it look as awesome as it does, and then have text boxes in it.
  • davies24davies24 Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I mean where you enter the battle and have to click on attack, magic, items or whatever other options are available to get the characters to do anything.

I think there'll be an outcry whichever route they decide to go down.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Surely it would be possible to do 2 control systems? Classic and real time.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Wonder if gold chocobo will be in it?
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Wonder if gold chocobo will be in it?

Almost certainly.

I hope they fix the little things that didn't make sense in the original, like the Midgar Zolom reappearing in the swamp even after seeing it impaled on a tree thanks to "Sephiroth"

In fact there were quite a few inconsistencies in the game and they irked me at the time so it'd be nice to see them addressed!
  • Hank SchraderHank Schrader Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just started replaying this awesome game after a 15 year absence, and after about five hours of continuous game-play I have just reached the world map. I now realise that it would be near impossible to remake this game to the same standards of modern games, whilst keeping 'all' the original content. The game is HUGE, I'd forgotten just how big it really is.
    Forum Member
    Anyone remember the bloke in the Midgar slums who used to just go oooo or arrrrr when you talked to him in his tent? Did he ever serve a purpose?

Ah, and of course, ruby, gold and emerald weapons...
  • Xadlei XemnasXadlei Xemnas Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    davies24 wrote: »
    I mean where you enter the battle and have to click on attack, magic, items or whatever other options are available to get the characters to do anything.

I think there'll be an outcry whichever route they decide to go down.

Fair point. If FFXV brings in a lot of new fans, a shift to turn based for the ffvii remake would be jarring.

However this is the nature of the series. No installment resembles the previous one.
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Anyone remember the bloke in the Midgar slums who used to just go oooo or arrrrr when you talked to him in his tent? Did he ever serve a purpose?

Apart from being the first Sephiroth Clone you meet, no.

(If you return to Midgar with the key to sector 5 he is no longer there, and if you talk to the townspeople they tell you he left, talking about the reunion.)

"This guy are sick."
    Forum Member
    It's all coming back to me now, thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here are some news:

In a recent interview, Final Fantasy VII Remake director Tetsuya Nomura went a bit deeper into the changes being made to the game’s battle system:

“We are bringing dramatic changes to the Final Fantasy VII Remake so we’re hoping that you’ll look forward to additional information. And of course, that being said we want to clarify; we’re not going to be changing it into a shooter or something like that. We are going to be bringing dramatic changes, but we want to make sure it’s still recognizable.”

n other Final Fantasy VII-related news, it looks like we may be getting the remake sooner than some of us thought. A new Sony ad making the rounds in various magazines, included the latest issue of Edge, lists the game as one of the titles coming to the PS4 in 2015/2016. Of course, Square-Enix loves to delay games, but at least as of now, it looks like the goal is to have the new Final Fantasy VII done before the end of next year.

Well, I know some will be pissed off at this but I never expected that the battle system will be the same, with such advanced graphic that we have now, it would have been strange to do the exact same battle as in original. I do think the materia will stay though since it is a part of the story.
    Forum Member
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Well, I know some will be pissed off at this but I never expected that the battle system will be the same, with such advanced graphic that we have now, it would have been strange to do the exact same battle as in original. I do think the materia will stay though since it is a part of the story.

I'm in the same boat as you. It was never going to be the same, although Nomura has said that it will be different but familiar.

FF7 to come out in 2015 ?????? Someone was havin a laugh there.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed by the battle system news but yeah it's expected. I'm looking forward to a whole lot more than just the battle system anyway.

Can't see it being 2015 haha 2016 will be a push I imagine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you. It was never going to be the same, although Nomura has said that it will be different but familiar.

FF7 to come out in 2015 ?????? Someone was havin a laugh there.

Well, they made a list of many games coming 2015 AND 2016 so it is safe to assume they are hinting that FF7 could be out in 2016.