Why is Denise a better dancer than James?

Comments

• pennybelpennybel Posts: 5,223
    Forum Member
    Charlston is not part of the ballroom canon so James is not an expert in it, put that with the fact that Denise is a showgirl with some dance experience so in this dance it is not surprising she can match him.

I just wish she wouldn't spend every week saying how hard it is and she doesn't know if she is going to get the dance when we all know she is going to come out with a technically good dance every week.

I totally agree with with that
  • Tango CharlieTango Charlie Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Kewpee wrote: »
    I want to like Denise, in fact I started out doing so, but I feel like I'm being conned, like I'm expected to swallow some fallacy that she had no idea about dancing until Strictly.

She knows about posture, about arm placement, about stance and staging.

She is so obviously much better than any of the others and has been from day one.

because of that I don't look forward to watching her, I have no expectation of her, she perfoms as she always has since day one. There's no degree of improvement, or any showing that she has improved, because she has never had to.

Because of this I can't support her or want her anyhwere near the final, it's all too coy a performance duing every interview, playing the innocent .

I don't dislike her, I just don't look forward to her dance, and I feel it's increasing unfair on those that have worked hard to get to a better level from where they staarted.

Kimbery, Louis, Dani...all work hard, even Michael, but they will never be top of the leader board, unless it's in a shared place with Denise.

It makes the contest a done deal.

A bit like one of the Hairy Bikers going on Masterchef. They've not been classically trained, but have been cooking to a certain level for some time.

Tonight she out danced James in a dance that is all about dacning in a character performance. It just proved my point to me.:(

This post sums it all up for me. Denise is paid (what I assume is) a large amount of money to dance in shows. So I would expect her to perform a showdance well. Charleston is a show dance. For her, it's another good day at the office.

It's like watching Duncan Ballatyne or Theo Paphitis competing in The Apprentice.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cottontail wrote: »
    I shall now go and hide from people saying she only trained a few years and it was sooo long ago:rolleyes:

I love denise and tonight she was brilliant. She does have the advantage in that dancing infront of the public does not bother her.Wembley must have been pretty daunting for some of them.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rotationbl wrote: »
    You really do have a problem (and not just with Denise). How nasty.

Goodness knows how you get that from my post. After all, it's you who made assumptions about that post. That isn't my fault. It's yours. I'm not sure you should be calling other posters nasty on the basis of what goes on in your mind. It looks like it's you who has a problem. Warped. :eek:
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Goodness knows how you get that from my post. After all, it's you who made assumptions about that post. That isn't my fault. It's yours. I'm not sure you should be calling other posters nasty on the basis of what goes on in your mind. It looks like it's you who has a problem. Warped. :eek:

I don't think the poster has a problem. Your post did, seem snide.

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the poster has a problem. Your post did, seem snide.

Snide? Even with an exclamation mark!!!!! Ah well, it's what you make of it. ;)
  • SueDevonSueDevon Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I want to like Denise, in fact I started out doing so, but I feel like I'm being conned, like I'm expected to swallow some fallacy that she had no idea about dancing until Strictly.

She is so obviously much better than any of the others and has been from day one.

because of that I don't look forward to watching her, I have no expectation of her, she perfoms as she always has since day one. There's no degree of improvement, or any showing that she has improved, because she has never had to.

Because of this I can't support her or want her anyhwere near the final, it's all too coy a performance duing every interview, playing the innocent .

I don't dislike her, I just don't look forward to her dance, and I feel it's increasing unfair on those that have worked hard to get to a better level from where they staarted.

Kimbery, Louis, Dani...all work hard, even Michael, but they will never be top of the leader board, unless it's in a shared place with Denise.

It makes the contest a done deal.

A bit like one of the Hairy Bikers going on Masterchef. They've not been classically trained, but have been cooking to a certain level for some time.

Tonight she out danced James in a dance that is all about dacning in a character performance. It just proved my point to me.:(

This.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snide? Even with an exclamation mark!!!!! Ah well, it's what you make of it. ;)

Even if it had bells and ribbons on it. :)
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she is better trained than James.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if it had bells and ribbons on it. :)

:D:D:D

What vivid imaginations some of you have!!
  • CottontailCottontail Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    This post sums it all up for me. Denise is paid (what I assume is) a large amount of money to dance in shows. So I would expect her to perform a showdance well. Charleston is a show dance. For her, it's another good day at the office.

It's like watching Duncan Ballatyne or Theo Paphitis competing in The Apprentice.

Brilliant, sums it up completely!:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

What vivid imaginations some of you have!!

It beats having a one track mind.
    Forum Member

Eh?
    :confused:
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    The Ringer outdanced the Pro tonight.

3 tens and considering they had help with the choreo for the Charleston .... well, James didn't really do a lot to earn those scores did he ?

Denise is a fabulous dancer, but then I knew she would be before the first show. Bringing back the dance off is a way to keep good dancers in, but having said that the public decide on final night ..... the public may prefer someone who has improved to someone who has danced like a pro from week one.
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,672
    Forum Member

because of that I don't look forward to watching her, I have no expectation of her, she perfoms as she always has since day one.

You seem to have a very high and defined expectation of her.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought James was very ungracious not crediting the outside choreographer when the judges praised it.
  • KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    You seem to have a very high and defined expectation of her.

No I don't :)
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    The Ringer outdanced the Pro tonight.

3 tens and considering they had help with the choreo for the Charleston .... well, James didn't really do a lot to earn those scores did he ?

Denise is a fabulous dancer, but then I knew she would be before the first show. Bringing back the dance off is a way to keep good dancers in, but having said that the public decide on final night ..... the public may prefer someone who has improved to someone who has danced like a pro from week one.

IMO they are both professional dancers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh?
    :confused:

It's a well known expression. One track - like a train that can only go one way or a path that leads only one way. In the days of records pre tapes and CD's it would be the same track playing over and over repeatedly.
    Forum Member
    Maybe James is still feeling the effects of his injury (yes I know he didn't hurt his NECK ...)

Lol lol or rather hardy hardy ha!:D
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,672
    Forum Member
    No I don't :)

Your original posts seems to imply that you expect her to perform well because of her knowledge of various techniques and also because she has performed well every week. Perhaps you have no expectation of her being able to surprise you, but you certainly seem to expect that she will perform well. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Shhh.. Finger on lips.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought James was very ungracious not crediting the outside choreographer when the judges praised it.

Eh ? He's the one who mentioned the outside choreographers in the first place !
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall now go and hide from people saying she only trained a few years and it was sooo long ago:rolleyes:

She isn't better than James
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    bornfree wrote: »
    IMO they are both professional dancers.

Exactly .... which is why she shouldn't have taken part and why in my opinion she won't win.